Hoohoo R6
335/30/18
255/35/18
+1
Old 10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

I noticed you have the motorsport friendly version of each make.... very nice, very nice indeed. You have great taste.

Now, why is it only now you are on Rennlist?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Streetking
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I noticed you have the motorsport friendly version of each make.... very nice, very nice indeed. You have great taste.

Now, why is it only now you are on Rennlist?
Thanks. I have driven alot of Porsches over the years on the street, but never really cared for them until I drove my buddy's '07 GT3. I have driven a alot of fast Turbos, GT2s and even CGT. The GT3 has been in my mind for a couple of years. I picked up my RS in early March and drove it around a bit on the street, back roads ect. I have taken it to MSR houston and TWS so far. I really like it and want to learn how to drive it. After racing 600+hp ZO6's for years, I was afraid the RS wasn't fast enough for me but after drving it, it's a blast. My 430 Challenge car is so damn easy to drive, I pretty much had that car down after one test weekend. For me, driving the RS takes alot of finesse and restraint on my part, completely different from what I am used to

Rennlist is the best place that I have found that has alot of real track guys that actually run their cars and has great info.

I own a different variety of cars from a 1500hp twin-turbo Lambo to a '71 Pro-Touring Camaro w/ a dry sump LS7, I love all cars and happy to be on this forum but please excuse some of my dumb questions about my Porsche..

SW
Old 10-01-2012, 11:32 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetking
I pretty much had that car down after one test weekend. For me, driving the RS takes alot of finesse and restraint on my part, completely different from what I am used to

Rennlist is the best place that I have found that has alot of real track guys that actually run their cars and has great info.
This is definitely true. I like you have owned and driven a lot of crazy cars, but I can't honestly say the GT3 is the first car that I don't see myself ever selling. They're tame on the streets but a blast to try and get figured out at the limits, given your driving history though I'm sure it won't take long and you'll be shopping for a 4.0 LOL.

I'm hoping to get Joshua to bring his Supra out to TX one year, that thing deserves to have it's legs stretched in front of everyone after years of sorting it out. I'm sure out rig will be full with Neros full race toys or I'd bring by 3.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Streetking
Instructor

Originally Posted by onelove
This is definitely true. I like you have owned and driven a lot of crazy cars, but I can't honestly say the GT3 is the first car that I don't see myself ever selling. They're tame on the streets but a blast to try and get figured out at the limits, given your driving history though I'm sure it won't take long and you'll be shopping for a 4.0 LOL.

I'm hoping to get Joshua to bring his Supra out to TX one year, that thing deserves to have it's legs stretched in front of everyone after years of sorting it out. I'm sure out rig will be full with Neros full race toys or I'd bring by 3.
Sounds like fun, I am actually looking at another Supra but don't tell anyone..
Old 10-01-2012, 11:48 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Streetking welcome aboard. This forum is a serious wealth of information.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 10-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
But they also do not have the same ball joints as a street car. They are designed for slick type grip
GT3 suspension is essentially same as cup. I think Cups have different toe links and possibly lower rear controls arms. But the rest is the same.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome SW, glad to see you hear.

Cheers
Jay
Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

i had a 94 Supra turbo back in 90's and loved it.
If it was the hard top i would have kept it as they are great performers with lots of potential.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:37 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I have driven alot of Porsches over the years on the street, but never really cared for them until I drove my buddy's '07 GT3. I have driven a alot of fast Turbos, GT2s and even CGT. The GT3 has been in my mind for a couple of years. I picked up my RS in early March and drove it around a bit on the street, back roads ect. I have taken it to MSR houston and TWS so far. I really like it and want to learn how to drive it. After racing 600+hp ZO6's for years, I was afraid the RS wasn't fast enough for me but after drving it, it's a blast. My 430 Challenge car is so damn easy to drive, I pretty much had that car down after one test weekend. For me, driving the RS takes alot of finesse and restraint on my part, completely different from what I am used to

I own a different variety of cars from a 1500hp twin-turbo Lambo to a '71 Pro-Touring Camaro w/ a dry sump LS7, I love all cars and happy to be on this forum but please excuse some of my dumb questions about my Porsche..

SW
Dumb questions? Sure when i first joined rennlist i was trying to figure out how to put a 996 Cup car on the street.....

I bet that pro-tour camaro is a treat. Im currently building a pro tour 69 camaro with a ZL1 crate engine. I have a soft spot for the old muscle...
Old 10-02-2012, 09:20 AM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

You mean there are still a few out there now that you haven't owned yet LOL, I'm going to bet it's probably a certain low mileage white hardtop but could be wrong.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Streetking
Instructor

i had a 94 Supra turbo back in 90's and loved it.
If it was the hard top i would have kept it as they are great performers with lots of potential.
Ya, I had 2 hardtops, a white one and a black one. The black one went 246 mph in the mile and 7.91@189 in the 1/4 mile..

Dumb questions? Sure when i first joined rennlist i was trying to figure out how to put a 996 Cup car on the street.....

I bet that pro-tour camaro is a treat. Im currently building a pro tour 69 camaro with a ZL1 crate engine. I have a soft spot for the old muscle...
My Camaro should be done this week, been working on it for a year..Every part on it is from DSE. DSE has buit 2 cars for me, we built the '71 here.

My '69 at SEMA

Originally Posted by onelove
You mean there are still a few out there now that you haven't owned yet LOL, I'm going to bet it's probably a certain low mileage white hardtop but could be wrong.
Maybe
Old 10-02-2012, 09:55 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^
Car **** - gotta love it!
Nice Camaro!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Mercy!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:45 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Mvez
Anybody ever try some V710's? They make a 315-35-18...rumor is they last longer than R6's, but aren't quite as fast.

I was at a Mid-Ohio school earlier this year when a fellow rennlister had some (.2RS), they looked like they run big. Didn't get a chance to chat with him about the tires though.
I wanted to try V710's in the worst way this year but chickened out, reported to last longer than Hoosier but have almost all of the pace. Problem is longevity reports were all over the map. Some claim 40 heat cycles, others claim 16-20. Both from credible sources. I'm good with them lasting 35-40 heat cycles, if they last 20 heat cycles that blows my tire budget out of the water esp considering they'are already $500 a set more than the Nitto's I'm running now.

That 315/35 is REALLY tall too..26.4", not sure if that works on the 997's but it won't on the 996 cars we have to run the 305 rear.

NItto just needs to release a proper rear for you guys and you'll be set, it really is the ultimate DE tire, not great for lap times, but good enough pace and great life.

Quick Reply: Need some advice on tires for my RS?