Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Two car trailer rental?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 12:20 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Two car trailer rental?

Hi Guys, my friend and I are attending the track day Pete is putting together in Reno, NV.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...n-is-open.html

We are coming from San Jose, CA and we are looking to rent a two car trailer. Does anyone have any leads where we can rent one for the weekend ? We would like to bring all our spare tires/equipment with us - hence getting a two car trailer for both of our Porsche's.

Enrique
Old 09-23-2012, 03:54 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I can hook you up with this unit. It's not a low cost tow option, more of a first cabin operation. The tow rig is a Renegade unit with 30' triple slide RV built on a Freightliner Colombia chassis. Kitchen, bath, huge living room, outdoor fridge and TV (for after hours in-car video viewing pleasure), can sleep 5+ adults, no need for motels. Master bedroom includes queen size Tempurpedic mattress.

The trailer is a 30' Renegade stacker trailer with a storage loft (large enough to carry tires for everyone from the Bay Area), work shop area including Snap-On box full of tools, and secure parking for two Porsches and several pit bikes. Trailer has full length tent awning that measures 30'x20' which is large enough to pit 3 cars. Bumper to bumper about 77' of rig. Comes with experienced driver, car handler, wrench (me). I've been to Reno-Fernely three times already with this rig. It's nice to have power and AC out there. Pete has seen this rig out there.

Probably more than what you are looking for but I figured I'd throw it out there just in case anyone is looking for this type of set up, ever. Definitely helps make for a nice track experience.

Here's a pic of it leaving Thunderhill.
Attached Images  
Old 09-23-2012, 09:44 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rolling art, that is a beautiful set up
Old 09-23-2012, 10:36 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

very nice!!!approximate cost for round trip Reno trip?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:07 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My pants are getting tighter as I look at it
Old 09-23-2012, 11:10 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Wonder if I could convince the wife that we could live in it? We don't really need a house! Property taxes lower, no grass to cut, no weeding. Hmmmm.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:21 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

WOW ! That is awesome. Rolling Art, btw I'm Enrique, we have meet a few months back, at the bottom of the 76 gas station, the bottom of 9. Can you please shoot me an approx price for this, I can ask my friend if it is reasonable price we want to spend.

Enrique
Old 09-24-2012, 09:51 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
WOW ! That is awesome. Rolling Art, btw I'm Enrique, we have meet a few months back, at the bottom of the 76 gas station, the bottom of 9. Can you please shoot me an approx price for this, I can ask my friend if it is reasonable price we want to spend.

Enrique
There are a variety of folks from the Bay Area that would jump on the chance to pay you to haul their cars to Reno. If you are so inclined and have the room (how many cars does that rig hold?), you could just post your offer into this thread.

Anyone else have a transport solution from N. CA for anyone that would want it? Am I hijacking your thread Enrique?

BTW- It's an easy drive up either I-5 ->I-80 or straight out I-80. I've made many 8-9 hour trips from Reno to Laguna and Spring Mountain (in the sport buckets!) and if you wear ear plugs it is perfectly drivable.

The current weather forecast for this week is high in the 80's and low in the 50's. It is reasonable to expect high 70/low 40 at the event- perfect track day weather.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:32 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Originally Posted by savyboy
There are a variety of folks from the Bay Area that would jump on the chance to pay you to haul their cars to Reno. If you are so inclined and have the room (how many cars does that rig hold?), you could just post your offer into this thread.

Anyone else have a transport solution from N. CA for anyone that would want it? Am I hijacking your thread Enrique?

BTW- It's an easy drive up either I-5 ->I-80 or straight out I-80. I've made many 8-9 hour trips from Reno to Laguna and Spring Mountain (in the sport buckets!) and if you wear ear plugs it is perfectly drivable.

The current weather forecast for this week is high in the 80's and low in the 50's. It is reasonable to expect high 70/low 40 at the event- perfect track day weather.
Pete, no you are not hijacking my thread I have no problem driving the car to the track with my loud exhaust. But I'm bringing my extra set of wheels, with a spare slicks, tools, race pads etc. and Guy is doing the same, I figured if we rent a two car trailer it would be best for both of us- to haul our cars and all our equipment and just relax on the way up there. I would def would not mind transporting cars/stuff for other members if I get a trailer for the NorCal boys.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:52 PM
speedoflight
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you can get a volunteer to drive the 'porsche support vehicle', one cheap option is rent an suv/van from enterprise. load stuff in it and have a buddy drive that.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:36 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Originally Posted by speedoflight
if you can get a volunteer to drive the 'porsche support vehicle', one cheap option is rent an suv/van from enterprise. load stuff in it and have a buddy drive that.

I have a F250 KR diesel, and a friend can lend me his single trailer. I'm mostly doing this to help out Guy as he does not have a support vehicle, and if we are going to the same place, it would be nice if we went together, no need to have extra cars on the hwy.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:30 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
very nice!!!approximate cost for round trip Reno trip?
Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver

Enrique
Hi Enrique, yes I remember meeting you guys @ the 76. That was a fun drive that day.

Originally Posted by savyboy

The rig, including driver and track-side support service is about $1k per day.

There is a mileage fee on top of that @ $2.00 per mile. R/F is about 600 miles round trip, so about $1200 to cover mileage. Approx 1/2 of that will go to diesel.

These #s are my best guesstimate of going rate as it hasn't been rented out for some time, if anyone's interested further I can check with owner to verify prices. The rig is primarily for their own personal use.

Unfortunately the trailer will only carry two cars. I really wish it could do three.

Did I mention there's a roll-out gas BBQ outside?

So do the rules for this event allow Boxsters? Do you guys consider the Boxster a cheater car?

Phil

Quick Reply: Two car trailer rental?