Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Winterfest PBOC Sebring 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:33 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,875 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Here is my best lap of the weekend, still under traffic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX9WGvtLXaY
Nice. Do you think the vette saw you coming?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,875 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
The clusterf*ck video is here .... I'll upload a few 2:18s later in the day...

It's worth every second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y-LauUN5rk
Gotta chuckle when I watch a video like this and then hear you guys going on about not wanting to race....
Old 01-14-2013, 11:11 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Gotta chuckle when I watch a video like this and then hear you guys going on about not wanting to race....
LMAO! I was watching some of these vids and was like "wait, is this a race or a DE"?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:18 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

fairly intense video!
The driving was exceptional and it really is door to door action!

Super Solo is as close to racing as one can get in a full interior street car wearing jeans and t-shirt!

I can not think of anywhere that is comparable (that i have seen) to the level of cars and drivers in this solo class event.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:44 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think the vette saw you coming?
i was thinking that as well.......
Old 01-15-2013, 03:49 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 45 Posts

Great to see many familiar faces and meet some new RLers at Winterfest. I've never imagined so many GT3s together at one location.

I've managed a 2:27.7 besting my 2:29.0 from last time with traffic. So, I'm surprised, because I know I didn't get a clean lap I wanted. I'll upload some pics and videos when I have a chance (brutal work week).

Thank you Peter, and Eddie for taking care of logistics and everything car related for me. And also Erik's tier 1 car service with Cayenne TT for airport pickup at West Palm.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:00 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
fairly intense video!

Super Solo is as close to racing as one can get in a full interior street car wearing jeans and t-shirt!

I can not think of anywhere that is comparable (that i have seen) to the level of cars and drivers in this solo class event.
That is what makes SuperSolo the funnest DE in the USA
Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by Brinkley
While I'm not part of the GT3 DE group, I thought a quick video of some power slides in the Boxster 3.6L race car would fit in. These are all during the race group and the last one is after a race car laid down oil from T4 through the rest of the track. Tires are Hoosier Slicks with 11 heat cycles and are done.

https://vimeo.com/57417912

I was able to lay down my personal best of a 2:21 on Sunday to put me on the pole of race group 2.

Chad
Chad, thanks for posting, geez like driving in the rain, whassup with the rear end, is it normal to take that much opposite lock for that long to bring it back?

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
fairly intense video!

+1. You need to step it up to SS and keep the *** and tucked in in T1.
Thankfully they did not make us wear long sleeve shirts after the first day, too hot!

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
i was thinking that as well.......
He MUST. It's Supersolo, you drive the mirrors or you are out. If a car comes up, or is on your ***, you are basically forced to drive each corner 50%. To only way to drive clean laps is to go fast enough not to let anyone show a nose. You see a nose, you HAVE to give up to corner. You dont have to pass, but you MUST share the corner and if you are in front.

Originally Posted by GT3DE
That is what makes SuperSolo the funnest DE in the USA
+1.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTHO
Great to see many familiar faces and meet some new RLers at Winterfest. I've never imagined so many GT3s together at one location.

I've managed a 2:27.7 besting my 2:29.0 from last time with traffic. So, I'm surprised, because I know I didn't get a clean lap I wanted. I'll upload some pics and videos when I have a chance (brutal work week).

Thank you Peter, and Eddie for taking care of logistics and everything car related for me. And also Erik's tier 1 car service with Cayenne TT for airport pickup at West Palm.
Good times Stephen. Post the pics and video!
2 babies on the way, one is a GT3RS, the other one, uhm, well a baby
Practice driving this summer in vancouver and ship it back in October :-)
Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,605 Likes on 834 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
He MUST. It's Supersolo, you drive the mirrors or you are out. If a car comes up, or is on your ***, you are basically forced to drive each corner 50%. To only way to drive clean laps is to go fast enough not to let anyone show a nose. You see a nose, you HAVE to give up to corner. You dont have to pass, but you MUST share the corner and if you are in front.
+1. Over the course of WinterFest, I drove 3 different cars in Super Solo sessions, sometimes just for a few laps. Seemed to work this way every time--when I'd catch up with folks, they'd leave me plenty of room in the corners, no problem. On my out lap, as others caught me, I did the same. Easy peasy!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Brinkley
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Peter,
These clips are not normal. I should have mentioned that the first three slides were on "cycled out" Hoosier Slicks (11 cycles on the rear). I'd say they are done. The last clip was during the race on scrubbed Yoko slicks which had great grip but we hit oil down in Turn 5 which lasted through Turn 16.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:43 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
+1. Over the course of WinterFest, I drove 3 different cars in Super Solo sessions, sometimes just for a few laps. Seemed to work this way every time--when I'd catch up with folks, they'd leave me plenty of room in the corners, no problem. On my out lap, as others caught me, I did the same. Easy peasy!
Yeppers that is the way it's supposed to be in SS...but from a certain video it seems like when 2 cars got side by side the guy that was being over taken raced the other guy off the track. No? maybe I'm seeing things or misunderstanding?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
Yeppers that is the way it's supposed to be in SS...but from a certain video it seems like when 2 cars got side by side the guy that was being over taken raced the other guy off the track.
Yup. it sure did!

Thankfully I did not personally witness any of that in my 3 forays out in that group. I would have been SERIOUSLY pissed if I had. I saw some of that in the 6 hour race where clearly slower cars would try to push an overtaking car off track at the apex of 7...but the consequences there are a lot less than between 11 and 12 in a DE group with non-caged cars.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:31 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Yeppers that is the way it's supposed to be in SS...but from a certain video it seems like when 2 cars got side by side the guy that was being over taken raced the other guy off the track. No? maybe I'm seeing things or misunderstanding?
I am the "black car" in the video that keeps getting referenced, whether it be here, or on facebook, or anywhere else where the poster is crying for attention....

I have already taken part blame for the situation, but in my opinion, I refuse to take 100% of the blame. In 4 years of DEing, if a car was of similar speed, I would never overtake a car on the outside of T12. Its way to right and pinches at the track out. I would wait, and make the pass on the inside of T13. With that being said, I never thought Eddie would make that pass. Upon entering T12, He was behind me as I entered with speed. By the time I realized he was attempting to overtake me, it was to late. If I let off, I am spinning and taking both of us out.

I love SS, and the pace of the laps and the sessions. But I participate with the notion that safety takes precedence over any lap time, even if it is for that coveted flyer lap....
Old 01-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Greek
In 4 years of DEing, if a car was of similar speed, I would never overtake a car on the outside of T12. Its way to right and pinches at the track out. I would wait, and make the pass on the inside of T13. By the time I realized he was attempting to overtake me, it was to late. If I let off, I am spinning and taking both of us out.
Ah, OK, this is a fair point. I guess I looked at it from a racing perspective, since SS essentially shares racing passing rules. If I get a run on someone out of 10, and get the nose in on the right, I'd at least come along side of them (presuming some cooperation) in 12 to set up for a pass into 13. But I see your point.

Quick Reply: Winterfest PBOC Sebring 2013