Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Winterfest PBOC Sebring 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 05:29 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by FLA997
Oh $hit moment: Car sideways dead stopped taking up whole track out of T1.
2:19
Rob you need to be in SS.
Guys, lets get Rob recommended for SS.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Car54
I was #154 in the dk blue 4 door M3 in SS. Are you referring to me? I don't think I caused any problems for anyone. I have video from almost all the sessions Fri-Sun.
If you're driving a black E90, yes that's you. you almost got me on 17. I had to slam in the brakes and go the opposite direction....

Check the video and fast forward to about 6:40... I over slowed entering 17, so I could keep safe distance, right about the second leg you changed direction abruptly ...it's a lot closer than the video shows. Just a simple matter of situation awareness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQykE...yer_embedded#!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:10 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sa is n/a in bmw
Old 01-14-2013, 09:18 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by FLA997
Oh $hit moment: Car sideways dead stopped taking up whole track out of T1.
I spun that corner twice in four days.....

Im coming back with tires next time for redemption... (d.e cup spec tires )
Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Car54
Track Day

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
If you're driving a black E90, yes that's you. you almost got me on 17. I had to slam in the brakes and go the opposite direction....

Check the video and fast forward to about 6:40... I over slowed entering 17, so I could keep safe distance, right about the second leg you changed direction abruptly ...it's a lot closer than the video shows. Just a simple matter of situation awareness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQykE...yer_embedded#!
I see what you are saying there. You were behind me through the whole turn....I was trying to give you the inside. For whatever reason you took forever getting there...much longer than I typically have to wait for you or others. I left room for you all through the inside. At reduced pace (my speed), surely you had enough front end grip to make the pass on the inside. I don't have spare grip there to tighten my line.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:41 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Yes there was room, but wasn't sure if you saw me, I let off the throttle a lot earlier for 17 and waited to see what was going to happen, by the time we were in the last leg of 17 and I you gave me enough room for sure, I made the move, and that didn't work.
In general no problems with you besides that moment.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Car54
Track Day

Sounds fair. Please feel free to talk to me at the track...I want to work together out there with everyone.

Trakcar, thanks for gas money to setup that pass for you.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:00 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

You were behind me through the whole turn....I was trying to give you the inside. For whatever reason you took forever getting there...much longer than I typically
he stopped off for coffee with trakcar on the back straight.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:02 AM
hyboost
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
sa is n/a in bmw
Hey now...

Our weekend got cut short...session 1, lap 4, T7...brake failure. Not a fun ride but we got lucky for the runoff in that section. Rear Tilton MC bent at 45degrees...2nd one in 3 weekends, chasing the root cause.

See you guys out there next time...

Old 01-14-2013, 10:04 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

old bimmers are cool and exempt....
Old 01-14-2013, 10:07 AM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I spun that corner twice in four days.....

Im coming back with tires next time for redemption... (d.e cup spec tires )
Good meeting you!
Attached Images  
Old 01-14-2013, 10:09 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by hyboost
Hey now...

Our weekend got cut short...session 1, lap 4, T7...brake failure. Not a fun ride but we got lucky for the runoff in that section. Rear Tilton MC bent at 45degrees...2nd one in 3 weekends, chasing the root cause.

See you guys out there next time...

Sorry to hear that !
Old 01-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,605 Likes on 834 Posts

It was really great to see & meet so many folks from here at Winterfest. I am really sorry I had so little time to spend with anyone, and Rob especially you. I have never been so busy at the track for 4 days straight, and yesterday was the busiest of the 4 days. Raincheck on that beer?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:16 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I see what you are saying there. You were behind me through the whole turn....I was trying to give you the inside. For whatever reason you took forever getting there...much longer than I typically have to wait for you or others. I left room for you all through the inside. At reduced pace (my speed), surely you had enough front end grip to make the pass on the inside. I don't have spare grip there to tighten my line.
You're supposed to hold your line not take the apex or track out. You end up sharing the turn. These are the Super Solo Rules. Obviously when you see a car like a GT3 coming at you in Super Solo they will be faster...let them go. You were giving Eddie room it appears but then you cut right in on Eddie when you should have stayed to the left. Makes me think you were not watching your mirrors....hard to tell but that could have been a huge wreck.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Car54
Track Day

Originally Posted by mdrums
You're supposed to hold your line not take the apex or track out. You end up sharing the turn. These are the Super Solo Rules. Obviously when you see a car like a GT3 coming at you in Super Solo they will be faster...let them go. You were giving Eddie room it appears but then you cut right in on Eddie when you should have stayed to the left. Makes me think you were not watching your mirrors....hard to tell but that could have been a huge wreck.
The turn was shared....there was at least two car widths the entire time of 17b on the inside. I got close to the wall on 17a because Eddie never made a move to the inside as if he wanted a pass. That's what you need to do...move offline and show presence.

Even when our cars danced around, there was still plenty of room on the inside. I remember the turn and seeing him go inside, then seeing him cross the back of my car. I thought he got out of shape. I didn't tighten my line, I widened it. I usually am much tighter to the inside coming out of the bridge.

This is one of the only sessions I didn't record...I was not happy about that as it was my fastest session.

Here's some video of Saturday S3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuWy3...ature=youtu.be

Quick Reply: Winterfest PBOC Sebring 2013