Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS 3.8RS white 4000 miles limited time frame.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 07:41 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
BULL****.

Not of my cars have "broken down". Not any of the 3 - not the 2010 GT3 nor either of the 2011 GT3Rs's. Each car has had a problems at the track that was human error - twice mine, once someone else. So far of 18k miles, at least 15k is on the track. Bullet-proof.

The 2010 GT3 did not "break down" - instead I over-torqued the centerlocks to 600 fp instead of 600 nm and I broke the hub.

The white RS did not "break down" at Road America - instead I money shifted it 3x and I broke off the flywheel.

The Silver RS did not "break down" at WGI a few weeks ago -- instead some idiot put the hose clamps on the radiator hoses on BACKWARDS.

These are so "bullet-proof" that I have named my latest RS "Silver Bullet"
Well, your idea of broken down is a little different than mine. Guess you can still drive a GT3 with no coolant, a broken hub and broken flywheel on the streets and tracks.

By the way, I'm heading to your home track next month, to dethrone your Aero Beetle from the 2012 VIR DE Cup World Series Championship. I'll bring my iPhone5 for timing.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:50 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Do you need a scud? Or are we stuck with flappy's?

How much labor to install the new clutch?

I hate them on the street, I tried using them on the track and I hated it... Maybe I just need to get used to it, but seems like less fun.

The only thing that breaks on a 3.8 is clutch and pp, about $2k in parts. The LSD is not up to par but that's only about $1500 installed.

A 3.8RS is about as fast as a stock scud with only durability upgrades right?

What is the NASA date?
Scuderia, flappy paddles only, no money shift possible.
F430: flappy paddles or 3 pedals. The F1 in the F430 is slow, I don't like it at all.

12 hours (by the book) to replace clutch in Scuderia, but lots of unnecessary steps in the book. Engine stays in the car.

NASA Sebring Time Trials (last event at Sebring this year): October 6th/7th.

Off the showroom stock Scuderia is slower than showroom 3.8RS (road course). Once wheels/tires, alignment, rake, corner weights are done to both cars, and springs replaced in the Scuderia, 3.8RS becomes back marker, and 4.0RS runs about the same.

You cannot gain that much power from a modified exhaust in the 4.0RS or 3.8RS, but the Scuderia unleashes a gigantic amount of power with ECU tune and a custom exhaust system, around 397whp.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:09 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

So it would probably be okay w/ cooling ducts added to the stock CCB then... I just wasn't quite sure what your point was. Thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Zero cooling.

Take a GT3 with PCCB or steel brakes, remove the stock brake cooling ducts, add sticky tires (Hoosiers), you will surely cook the brakes. Trakcar 2.1 was cooking the brakes at Mancation despite of having modified front cooling ducts, better front rotors, race brake fluid, good track brake pads.

The F430 Challenge comes with the brake cooling kit, these are straight installation pieces on the street F430 and 430 Scuderia.

Without adding brake cooling ducts, I fixed the brake issue by running a wider and larger front rotor, but just recently Orbit Racing added brake cooling ducts. The front brakes are the only problem, rear brakes are barely used.

Most Scuderia owners would claim perfection on the brake system, but it is hard to abuse the brakes going to Cars and Coffee.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:19 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove Rad's Scud, I REALLY liked it. My friend also had a 360 Stradale, one of the most beautiful Ferraris, at least I think so, but the 360 is not as reliable nor fast.
I would trade my RS for a 430 Scud. Don't know if is my car ADD, but I would.
Also feeling the need of driving the new Z06 at the track, but the car is so lame and ghetto to drive on the streets, that kind of disappoints me, but I still like it.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:35 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
I drove Rad's Scud, I REALLY liked it. My friend also had a 360 Stradale, one of the most beautiful Ferraris, at least I think so, but the 360 is not as reliable nor fast.
Also feeling the need of driving the new Z06 at the track, but the car is so lame and ghetto to drive on the streets, that kind of disappoints me, but I still like it.
You can fix the ghetto part of the Vette...cheap too.

I'd love a F430 too but they are way out of my price range, let alone the price of the maintenance. Rad keep miss quoting the F430 HP....it's 503hp stock and we all know Rad's car isn't stock.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:42 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

I think rad is referring to wheel not crank power.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:21 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

My Fiat has 397whp... it just happens to go faster on the straights than a Viper ACR, a ZR1, a 4.0RS, a GT2 and many others, they are probably not pushing the gas pedal hard enough.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:59 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 466 Posts

Rads Fiat had 397 rwhp BEFORE the headers, new ECU, and Tune. It now has around 490rwhp Rad is incapable of telling the truth when it comes to his Fiats HP.

Peter
Old 09-09-2012, 12:01 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

397 whp, vastly less than most Aero Beetles, but no drag from a humongous rear wing, and faster lap times Sebring/Daytona/Homestead verified.

The 458 Italia has a lot more punch!!!

Last edited by NJ-GT; 08-13-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
I'll take a scud too

Not add, better car
Old 09-09-2012, 01:15 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Well, your idea of broken down is a little different than mine. Guess you can still drive a GT3 with no coolant, a broken hub and broken flywheel on the streets and tracks.

By the way, I'm heading to your home track next month, to dethrone your Aero Beetle from the 2012 VIR DE Cup World Series Championship. I'll bring my iPhone5 for timing.
my definition of break down is the car failing from normal use (driving like a bat out of hell on the track, multiple sessions per day, day after day all year long) -- kind of like how your fiat fails each time you come to the track.

the problems my cars have had at the track were human error - not "breakdown".
Old 09-09-2012, 02:55 AM
oebb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Without adding brake cooling ducts, I fixed the brake issue by running a wider and larger front rotor, but just recently Orbit Racing added brake cooling ducts. The front brakes are the only problem, rear brakes are barely used.
What rotors are you using? The scuds are getting really cheap over here. You can get a nice one with less than 10k miles for under $150k. Very tempting.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:41 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Settle down. Don't make me bring King 4.0 over there and spank all of you.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:53 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
my definition of break down is the car failing from normal use (driving like a bat out of hell on the track, multiple sessions per day, day after day all year long) -- kind of like how your fiat fails each time you come to the track.

the problems my cars have had at the track were human error - not "breakdown".
Exactly +1

Originally Posted by savyboy
Keep telling you to spend the winter in FL....
No need to ship it back come spring
Old 09-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
I'll bet you travel expenses rads scud beats on your bored out aero beetle

Quick Reply: FS 3.8RS white 4000 miles limited time frame.