Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS 3.8RS white 4000 miles limited time frame.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Red Bear
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Ahhh the Greek is a perfect fit for this car! Now all we need to do is list the Black GT3 997.2 above! Do I haer any bids????
Old 09-07-2012, 10:24 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by The Greek
Sadly I still have my Ferrari Puma shirts, jacket, shoes, hats, cologne, sunglasses, socks, belts, wallet, underwear ....
fixed it for ya...did I miss anything?
Old 09-07-2012, 10:55 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carcommander
I was 46 when I got my 2nd divorce. I can recommend girl friends. Not while you are married unless you like drama.
Looking for problems for sure !

Unless you're Charlie Sheen .... and is Bi-winning, with your tiger blood.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:40 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Sadly I still have my Ferrari Puma shirt....
I'd burn it instead of posting about it. No shame...
Old 09-08-2012, 02:44 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=66440

I look at this ad daily.......then I need a lift in my garage
I think his car is sold or almost sold. Somebody else here on RL is negotiating a 2009 Scuderia with just 5,000 street miles for a record low $175k. The 2009 comes with the CF package (about 30 lbs lighter than the standard 08 w/o CF package).

Replacement steel rotors are affordable, the amazing Orbit Racing brake cooling ducts are affordable. Springs are cheap. I found the Rollbar manufacturer located up North here in Florida, the rollbar weighs just 9 lbs, Orbit can install it so easily. Racing seats are cheap, harnesses cheap.

My pads are affordable now that PFC, Pagid and Endless are making them for my steel rotors. I'm going back to CCB rotors, as I can source them now on the cheap (and they last forever on the rear axle, and 20-25 track days on the front axle).

Affordable track day car, amazing sound, amazing look, super fun transmission, the best differential I have driven, and priced cheap for everything you get. It comes with Navi, CD, Radio, iPod link, Bluetooth and power everything, so it is street friendly. Better ground clearance for street use than a GT3 RS, and I have saved plenty of money by not having to replace as many parts as I used to do with my GT3 and GT3 RS.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=66440

I look at this ad daily.......then I need a lift in my garage
I think his car is sold or almost sold. Somebody else here on RL is negotiating a 2009 Scuderia with just 5,000 street miles for a record low $175k. The 2009 comes with the CF package (about 30 lbs lighter than the standard 08 w/o CF package).

Replacement steel rotors are affordable, the amazing Orbit Racing brake cooling ducts are affordable. Springs are cheap. I found the Rollbar manufacturer located up North here in Florida, the rollbar weighs just 9 lbs, Orbit can install it so easily. Racing seats are cheap, harnesses cheap.

My pads are affordable now that PFC, Pagid and Endless are making them for my steel rotors. I'm going back to CCB rotors, as I can source them now on the cheap (and they last forever on the rear axle, and 20-25 track days on the front axle).

Affordable track day car, amazing sound, amazing look, super fun transmission, the best differential I have driven, and priced cheap for everything you get. It comes with Navi, CD, Radio, iPod link, Bluetooth and power everything, so it is street friendly. Better ground clearance for street use than a GT3 RS, and I have saved plenty of money by not having to replace as many parts as I used to do with my GT3 and GT3 RS.
Keep rubbing it in
Old 09-08-2012, 09:23 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I'll buy one if it comes with a track use warranty and free flatbedding form Sebring to Fiat Ft Lauderdale.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:51 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scud wouldn't make it through a mancation
Old 09-08-2012, 09:56 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Bear
Ahhh the Greek is a perfect fit for this car! Now all we need to do is list the Black GT3 997.2 above! Do I haer any bids????
I would become such an ******* if I bought a Scud.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:56 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Agreed.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:23 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 466 Posts

And that would be different than now?

Peter
Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Bear
I will be more of an a hole once I get a scud

It only takes 1.5 laps to win de cu, most of my glory miles will be in the valet line revving my engine
Old 09-08-2012, 10:55 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 85Gold
And that would be different than now?

Peter
Whahahaha roflmao

It only takes 1.5 laps to win de cu, most of my glory miles will be in the valet line revving my engine
Yeah, you'd fit right in on Fchat. Just don't forget to have your photographer to take pics in your full race outfit while they are still clean in case you spill your latte and before the car goes on the flat bed. Do practice your revving to make it sound perfectly measured at the valet...
Old 09-08-2012, 01:56 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts

I would have a entourage, a fogger machine, and white snake playing at all times.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:31 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I'll buy one if it comes with a track use warranty and free flatbedding form Sebring to Fiat Ft Lauderdale.
Dude, my car has seen more track time than most GT3 out there, it has never left a track day on a flat bed.

I have a long list of witnessed GT3 and GT3 RS leaving a track day on a flat bed, disabled and undriveable on the trailer that brought them to the track. Many of the ones I have witnessed are regular posters here in RL.

I don't need to install monoballs, I don't need to replace a brand new clutch and pressure plate, I don't need to put on a brand new Limited Slip.

Do the math, $135k for a clean 2010 GT3 RS, then $25k on mods to make it Mancation capable, you forgot the 4.0RS clutch kit and PP so add another $4k for parts and labor, now you're near $165k, that's Scuderia price range.

My steel rotors installed this year are 405mm front and 350mm rear, front ones are thicker than my OEM CCB. Without any extra cooling, I ran the hottest track day at Sebring with zero brake fade, and now the car has the cooling ducts. My fastest Sebring laps are in 90+ degrees weather with 60% humidity, after a rain a few minutes before on a drying track, the car has a lot more in it (and even more with a better driver).

The stock Scuderia brakes give up too quickly, this is why it doesn't tolerate a long track session (unless you want to rear end all the Aero Beetles). Change the rotors, brake pads, add cooling, and problem solved. If I run on crappy tires, on a cold day, the brakes work just fine, they also work great for the average Fezza driver.

4.0RS are in the $200k range, add another $25k on mods (no need to replace clutch and PP), and you're on the $225k price range. The Scuderia needs much less, than $25 on safety modes, and you can ditch the stock CCB rotors in the used market for good money, so in the end you'll spend less than $10k making it track capable (safety, brakes and suspension updates).

The F430 Challenge (the race car) runs on the same engine and transmission as the street car, so the main vitals have been fully race tested around the world.

Quick Reply: FS 3.8RS white 4000 miles limited time frame.