Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Are 2007/2008 GT3s overpriced?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:24 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
A Yellow GT3 driven at Cayman/Boxster pace is still more fun than a Cayman/Boxster, and very cheap on consumables, great fuel economy, MPSS last forever, no need to use the brakes, smart use.
Cayman's can be cheap to run too. Especially manual ones that are shifted like a floppy paddle fiat. Doesn't really consume much of anything when it sits broken in the garage
Old 08-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
I guess it depends - if you are buying, they are priced too high. If you are selling, they are priced too low.

And, if someone is buying them, the price must be right.
Bingo! So friggin true....
Old 08-11-2012, 11:55 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JMon
2) Without it, I will have to learn to drive without it. Learning to drive better is kind of my goal over going faster.
(I won't be able to take coming down off the back straight at Homestead with as much confidence) Maybe this would be a good thing as it will actually force me to learn the hard way.
Great attitude, get a 996.

Learn to "drive better" and you will become faster.

It's not "learning the hard way", it's learning the right way.

Dry or wet makes no difference in the approach.

Good luck.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
You can blame the Australian government and location on why cars cost you so much more in Australia. We don't have the luxury tax, import tax and goods & services taxes they do. Australian has much stricter emissions standard which also go into the price of the car. Also, the US market buys 30x the number of cars that Australians do (think bulk buying discount for a loose analogy). And lastly, it's very costly to ship cars to Australia versus the US.

Totally unrelated to the cars price, but Australians earn much higher on average than the US worker.

At the end of the day, just b/c the dollars are just about 1:1 doesn't mean car prices should be 1:1.
I know thing are more expensive in Oz due to location and numbers but not to the extent they heap the costs on. Shipping is ~$1000 from Europe (I know because I have imported a car here) and that's for a private one off so that's just a BS argument we hear all the time. I import parts from the states which were made in Germany, shipped and stocked in the states then dispatched for a third of the cost of the same bought directly in Oz! Australian wine in Europe is cheaper than locally!! 1:1 may be too much to wish but the current 'artifical' level is mad

Numbers sold does have a barring but again not the 3x+ costs. It all comes down to the Australian government protecting their own which just doesn't work. Ford and GM here are on their knees and will go the same way as the motor industry in the UK and no amount of government money or mugging foreign imports with massive taxes will prevent. Union madness, high wages versus the likes of eastern Europe, SA, India and china etc plus very poorly built cars and not following the market and customers wishes means its all over.

The average Ozzy doesn't earn that much and probably on parity with the states and nothing like what the resources feed employee does, to be honest I don't know how they survive!

Anyway it is what it is (for now) and I have had to do what the Ozzies say 'toughen up princess' and just coughed up.

Cheers
Jay

Quick Reply: Are 2007/2008 GT3s overpriced?