Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Opinions needed on GT3 purchase

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 02:20 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,947 Likes on 1,744 Posts

Make the bumper the deal breaker. You'll get one tossed in. You can even settle on a free bumper skin and you'll pay for the paint job. Flat black is an easy color to match and once a the clear bra is over it, it will look perfect.

Anyways, can you post up some pics of the car so we can all see what you are squibbling about?
Old 08-01-2012, 03:22 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
I guess it depends. If you want to keep the car in the garage and show people how pretty it is, don't buy it.

If you are going to drive it as it was intended to be driven, the two tiny holes will soon be hidden by bugs, road dings, and other normal wear and tear.

For me it's a sad sight to see a GT3 or GT3RS that looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I'll bet the car is sad too. It would be like entering Secretariat in a beauty pageant.
well, Secretariat WAS a beautiful horse....not some skanky plow mule???
Old 08-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Inc79
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer refused to throw in a new bumper. Said he's only willing to repaint whats there. Unacceptable. I pulled the plug on this one. The search goes on.. thank you all for your input.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:03 PM
zanwar
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Inc79
Dealer refused to throw in a new bumper. Said he's only willing to repaint whats there. Unacceptable. I pulled the plug on this one. The search goes on.. thank you all for your input.
I had to solve this problem on my previous 997. Four crooked holes drilled for the license plate. The bumper fill and refinish was about $600 and it looked fantastic. Unfortunately the body shop didn't put enough layers of paint on the bumper, and I quickly picked up some rock chips that went down to the plastic. We touched up the chips, let the paint settle and installed film on the bumper. It looked very good after the film and you couldn't see the touch ups. If this is the right car, you can solve the cosmetic issues. You should be installing the clear film protection anyway. After going through this experience, I don't think there's a big difference between a filled + painted bumper, and a new + painted bumper.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:57 AM
globed
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

The US plate holder has been seemingly designed to fulfill one requirement: putting as many ugly holes as possible in the bumper.

After affixing the holder with two nasty screws into the bumper, the plate is then affixed with long screws which go THROUGH the holder and into the bumper. Laughably poor design.

If it makes you lose sleep, take a pass as it will always bother you. Otherwise a bit of fill and paint will do the trick.

Quick Reply: Opinions needed on GT3 purchase