Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

'Pastell Orange' 2011 gt3 (used) for sale at Niello!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,620 Likes on 2,351 Posts

looks a bit speed-yellowish ... interior is trippy! I wonder if its "yachting blue" ?
Old 08-20-2012, 03:49 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 63 Posts

definitely darker than yachting blue, maybe more like the older metropol blue, and not the greatest pic but it's definitely an orange of sorts
Old 08-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mile2424
definitely darker than yachting blue, maybe more like the older metropol blue, and not the greatest pic but it's definitely an orange of sorts
forgot about the metropol blue! - good call.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:58 PM
medpilot105
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Niello car was purchased from CNC in SoCal so, I don't believe it's on consignment. I was window shopping every last GT3 from the 996's to 997.2's the past two years nearly everyday so it was easy enough to watch the national GT3 inventory move from dealer to dealer to buyer and sometimes back to dealer!

Their asking price is now getting close to what CNC was offering for it. I really like the folks at Niello, especially their service and parts department, but their pricing is... what's the nice word for it.... (thinking, thinking, thinking...) aggressive?

It's not for me but, in person, the car is stunning. My guess is the store manager just wanted to take a showy car to the event.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:02 PM
mikeoR32
Instructor

While we are on the topic of PTS orange, this car has been in the pits for a few years at the Races. I am not sure of the color but it is more of a tangerine orange, and noticed this year that it has a unique, possibly leather to sample interior of a dark navy blue with yellow stitching. I am almost 95% sure it's yellow and not matching orange which would seem to make more sense..

Yikes! I wonder if the owner is an alum of U-M or Cal. There's a house up by Twin Peaks with the same paint scheme, they'd should meet up.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Re: 'Yellow' Turbo on Paddock at Laguna Seca!

While we are on the topic of PTS orange, this car has been in the pits for a few years at the Races. I am not sure of the color but it is more of a tangerine orange, and noticed this year that it has a unique, possibly leather to sample interior of a dark navy blue with yellow stitching. I am almost 95% sure it's yellow and not matching orange which would seem to make more sense..
That car is a 2009 Turbo which was ordered PTS by the fellow (with glasses) you see in the photo. I believe his name is McAllister. The latter requested the factory to match a special color used by a Ferrari racing team in Belgium. He obtained the paint formula color from the Belgians and had a sample made. He then submitted both to the factory and it was approved via normal PTS process. The 'colour code' that Porsche decided to call this paint is Z10. The interior is 'Leather to Sample'. They had to also submit a sample and the factory was able to get it done for them with deviating stitching in 'yellow'. As is the case always in 'Leather to Sample', the regular plastic pieces (soft touch color) are done in black. In the special leather colors Porsche offers on their selections, these are always color coordinated. The only other way around this color contrast is to pay extra and have all of these plastic pieces (speaker grilles, door openers, etc) covered in leather!

The Z10 color chosen by McAllister is in the 'yellow' family. The Ferrari racing team in Belgium called this color 'yellow'. It is somewhat close to the old 'Signal Yellow' (like in my '73 911T), but still different. It was interesting to see that the with the passing of time, the 'yellow' paint on the plastic bumpers looks a bit different than the 'yellow' paint on the steel body. Same for the 'yellow' plastic turbo air intakes on the side! The paint on the plastic pieces stayed pretty true to the original color. The paint on the steel pieces seems to have become more translucent with the passing of time. Could be also the different primer used for the different materials. This is exactly why the factory is weary of painting certain colors on their cars - to avoid any warranty claims down the road! Overall, it was a splendid color and a fine car!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images      
Old 08-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

the interior is amazing!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:33 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 63 Posts

I knew the guru master of all things Porsche Exclusive would chime in, but didn't know he would have the up close and personal pics! Kudo's as always for the info Eduardo! A Leather to sample interior would be very tempting. I spoke with Melissa Witek about this during the weekend and she mentioned that currently while this is possible on the 991, it will not be until week 45 where the option to cover the plastic pieces will be offered. So, as in the example she stated, if one wanted a pink leather interior, all the black plastic pieces would be quite the contrast. In addition, all parts of the car can receive the deviating stitching with the exception for the seats for some reason at this point. I am not sure why or when this option will be available.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

I knew the guru master of all things Porsche Exclusive would chime in, but didn't know he would have the up close and personal pics! Kudo's as always for the info Eduardo! A Leather to sample interior would be very tempting. I spoke with Melissa Witek about this during the weekend and she mentioned that currently while this is possible on the 991, it will not be until week 45 where the option to cover the plastic pieces will be offered. So, as in the example she stated, if one wanted a pink leather interior, all the black plastic pieces would be quite the contrast. In addition, all parts of the car can receive the deviating stitching with the exception for the seats for some reason at this point. I am not sure why or when this option will be available.
Thank you, Aaron. Yes, Sasha Glaeser is on vacation in Germany and his assistant Melissa Witek was at Porsche's Quail Test Drive 'Zentrum' for consultations on 'Porsche Exclusive'. Now that I have free time from the madness of the Historics/Pebble Beach week here in Carmel, I will resume posting on my thread 'Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You'. I have a full list of questions on all of this, including 'Leather to Sample' interiors, which Sascha has promised to answer for me shortly.

Re: Deviating stitching. I don't see yet how to get deviating stitching on a manual shifter gate. But right now you can get deviating stitching in a limited color selection for seats, dash, door & rear panels, steering wheel, etc. What you can't get deviated stitching is on some of the other leather options. For example, Melissa has a 991 company car back in NYC with Sports Plus seats covered in leather in the back. She has deviated stitching on the seats (with one of the limited colors they now offer) but the stitching on the leather in the back of the seat is the standard 'charcoal grey' and does not match that of the front of the seats! All of this is going to change soon! Porsche will arrange with the subcontractors (e.g. Recaro) to expand the color selection for the deviating on seats, so if you order a Pastell Orange PTS exterior car you will have at least one 'orange' deviating stitching you could use to match the interior of your car! And soon 'deviating stitching' in other colors will be added to the many additional leather options available for the 991 and 981 interior (e.g. Option # XHS for $1,190).

I encourage all of you interested in this topic to follow my thread to get the most up-to-date information as to when all of this will be available!

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-rs-order.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 09-02-2012, 06:04 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Price on orange gt3 is now back up to $132k after dropping all the y down to $121k!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:36 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the dealer price is a function of FB's stock price. Hence the volatility.
The following users liked this post:
Hella-Buggin' (10-21-2020)
Old 09-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by brake dust
Price on orange gt3 is now back up to $132k after dropping all the y down to $121k!
This is .2 gt3 RS pricing and for one with a hell of a lot more expensive options than this one! The austere interior is for me a big negative, especially at these high prices!

http://niello.porschedealer.com/preo...27709/info.php

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images   
Old 09-02-2012, 09:23 PM
medpilot105
Instructor

Yeah. I still can't believe they ask what they ask. Certainly their prerogative and certainly someone will pay it. But, it's going to have to be a buyer just like the buyer that sold it earlier this year.

Again, nice people and I really like their parts and service departments but their pricing has always made me shop elsewhere.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Well, the $132K was apparently a mistake. It's now down to $120,895.00 USD on their website.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 08-26-2019, 06:42 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm happy to say I just purchased the "pastel orange" GT3. It's time to get the heat gun out.

Quick Reply: 'Pastell Orange' 2011 gt3 (used) for sale at Niello!