Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Movit Brakes on GT3 Update. Monumentally Capable and Bulletproof. Pictures/Details

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 09:29 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
100% if you keep buying 997 GT3's..And why wouldn't you?
As soon as you and the DE Cup group have to come to me for a refresher course on how to do a point by when the new 991 GT3 comes out you all will be jumping ship.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:34 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
As soon as you and the DE Cup group have to come to me for a refresher course on how to do a point by when the new 991 GT3 comes out you all will be jumping ship.
I suspect price delta to be so large that 997's will be able to keep up for a while with a few cheater mods, maybe I'll even run out of RA1's by that year
Old 08-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
I am thrilled at the proposition of once every one or two year brake service. Especially with PITA CL wheels! There is a quantifiable value there.
Not saying the brakes are not nice

But you still have to remove the wheels after every track event.....or at least y **** brain does......I like to nut bolt the car with wheels off

Rear tires are only good for three days.....fronts maybe 6.....steel brakes last longer than tires
Old 08-05-2012, 05:01 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

Here's another set going on:
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2012, 05:39 PM
TF-Ent
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by W8MM
Awesome Mike!!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:01 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great Mike! Very long wait but worth it.

Wondering when the other MovIt customers were going to "out" themselves

A few other folks need to post some pics, probably too busy doing 150 eighty to zero stops trying to get them bedded in...lol

I know there are some different color calipers getting installed.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:47 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by savyboy
I know there are some different color calipers getting installed.
I decided on red calipers for two reasons:

1) It goes with the graphics color scheme of the RS 4.0 better than yellow

2) I like messing with "experts" that will insist that the car has cast iron rotors because they know colors but not what real brake parts look like
Old 08-05-2012, 09:26 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I hope those rotors wear like they promise. Otherwise the 30k will just be the down payment. It will be interesting to see what the cost/wear is after a full season of track days.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:42 PM
TF-Ent
Intermediate

Originally Posted by deputydog95
I hope those rotors wear like they promise. Otherwise the 30k will just be the down payment. It will be interesting to see what the cost/wear is after a full season of track days.
There are several of these rotors and brake kits that are in installed on driving school and driving experience cars for more then 3 years with zero wear. They have been living up to the promise.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:45 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Anybody that posts on here?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:51 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just search for Mov'It (also try MovIt) or Surface Transforms on this board.

Do you think the people that can afford to purchase these Mov'It products are dumb or ill informed? It's OK to be cynical, but it's better to be right - no?

I did my homework and have had Mov'It ceramic rotors on my Carrera GT for two track events before mounting the full rotor/caliper/pad kit on my RS 4.0.

BTW I'm a 25+ year member of SAE and I play the role of an engineer at work

P.S. I queried a Porsche department head about failure mechanisms of PCCB rotors while I was visiting Weissach before I made my decision.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:57 PM
TF-Ent
Intermediate

They are on Ferrari chat and I am trying to find the posts they have made. Maybe search MovIt there.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:29 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Just search for Mov'It (also try MovIt) or Surface Transforms on this board.

Do you think the people that can afford to purchase these Mov'It products are dumb or ill informed? It's OK to be cynical, but it's better to be right - no?

I did my homework and have had Mov'It ceramic rotors on my Carrera GT for two track events before mounting the full rotor/caliper/pad kit on my RS 4.0.

BTW I'm a 25+ year member of SAE and I play the role of an engineer at work

P.S. I queried a Porsche department head about failure mechanisms of PCCB rotors while I was visiting Weissach before I made my decision.
I know who you are. I own at least 3 or 4 of your products Great stuff. Wouldn't own anything else.

I didn't say anyone was unintelligent or ill informed. I'm not sure how being cynical and right go together in response to my question. But you wouldn't be the first person to buy something just because you could, regardless of the actual real world performance. I don't think having a bank account which allows such a purchase makes someone more qualified as to whether or not that it's a good purchase. With that being said, for curiosity sake, it would be nice to hear from someone that does 25 plus days a year.

If I really wanted to show off the product, I'd give a set to Izzone or Trakcar and let them have at it for a season.

Which driving schools are using these? I've been to a couple different ones. Never seen anything other than OEM.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:37 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

But you wouldn't be the first person to buy something just because you could, regardless of the actual real world performance.
That thought seems cynical to me. I don't think it's correct in my case and since you posted right after I put up the picture of my car, you can imagine I thought it was directed my way.

Thanks for enjoying my products

BTW, I've never given away any of my products to generate PR and I don't blame Mov'It if they don't either.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:46 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

No worries. I'm tend to be cynical about everything, not you personally Then again it's hard for me to swallow 30k for brakes when my front GT3 rotors work fantastic, cost $200 shipped, and I throw them away after 15 days, just cause

Arrows for the win!!!

Quick Reply: Movit Brakes on GT3 Update. Monumentally Capable and Bulletproof. Pictures/Details