Sebring Chin 6/9-10

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 04:32 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Here's the whole video from Rad's session. The bobble head in the passenger seat is El Matador. Rad is there for the first few laps and then must have pulled in or something as he doesn't reappear again in the mix till the end. JP, Izzone, Hyboost, & greek all make guest cameos at one point or another. At the 9 min mark I attempt to drag race JP down the back straight. It ends much as you'd suspect Greek makes an appearance shortly after that and I drag raced him as well down the front straight. Not nearly as bad, but still a "L". 4.2 kit would be sooooo nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgeWj...ature=youtu.be
So you gave me a point-by at the exit of T13 and kept your 415HP Aero Beetle floored against my slow 295Hp moving chicane? Don't teach bad habits to "El Matador".

I noticed plenty of Chin Red Group drivers too proud to give point-by to my little Coxster, especially the Vettes and the Turbo Beetles.

In between late point-by, and no point-by in the Advanced Group at Chin, it makes PBOC SuperSolo a vastly better track experience. However, 3 hours of track time per day is a mega bonus with Chin.

NASA TT Florida and PBOC SuperSolo have the best level of driving I have witnessed in the area.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 354 Posts

Rad next time out with the Cayman, try the intermediate solo with Chin. There are fewer egos in that group and you may enjoy it more. Downside is that while passes are allowed anywhere, unlike red group they are not mandatory in turns so you may have to wait for the next straight to get the point by but at least most drivers in that group will give the point by.

Speaking of NASA TT, can you direct me on how to get going with that? I sent an email to the contact person on that website and never heard back beyond a "will touch base later"
Old 06-13-2012, 08:54 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
So you gave me a point-by at the exit of T13 and kept your 415HP Aero Beetle floored against my slow 295Hp moving chicane? Don't teach bad habits to "El Matador".

I noticed plenty of Chin Red Group drivers too proud to give point-by to my little Coxster, especially the Vettes and the Turbo Beetles.

In between late point-by, and no point-by in the Advanced Group at Chin, it makes PBOC SuperSolo a vastly better track experience. However, 3 hours of track time per day is a mega bonus with Chin.

NASA TT Florida and PBOC SuperSolo have the best level of driving I have witnessed in the area.
How come you couldn't keep up with me (and my passenger) on street tires in the first few laps? Your fear of going off line is becoming more apparent. Too much autox'ing apparently.

The only thing that is really embarrassing is that I gave a point by to a guy with a greasy perm and a shark took necklace

See my signature
Old 06-13-2012, 08:55 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Rad next time out with the Cayman, try the intermediate solo with Chin. There are fewer egos in that group and you may enjoy it more. Downside is that while passes are allowed anywhere, unlike red group they are not mandatory in turns so you may have to wait for the next straight to get the point by but at least most drivers in that group will give the point by.

Speaking of NASA TT, can you direct me on how to get going with that? I sent an email to the contact person on that website and never heard back beyond a "will touch base later"
He had no problem getting point by's. That's a good group. Excuses...
Old 06-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Hey, Rad....let's work together sometime and help you get the true potential out of your car(s)...
Old 06-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default VR

Rad work with Dave. Looking at your videos I'd say Dave could find you a couple seconds/lap minimum. I have worked with Dave a couple times. He will get you faster.

Last edited by Mark Dreyer; 06-13-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Here's the whole video from Rad's session. The bobble head in the passenger seat is El Matador. Rad is there for the first few laps and then must have pulled in or something as he doesn't reappear again in the mix till the end. JP, Izzone, Hyboost, & greek all make guest cameos at one point or another. At the 9 min mark I attempt to drag race JP down the back straight. It ends much as you'd suspect Greek makes an appearance shortly after that and I drag raced him as well down the front straight. Not nearly as bad, but still a "L". 4.2 kit would be sooooo nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgeWj...ature=youtu.be

Chin red has gotten too optional in point by
Old 06-13-2012, 10:59 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
Chin red has gotten too optional in point by
I had a different experience. I had a few take the pass without a point (clean and safe) and some move over to give the pass without a point. Very PBOC super solo esque. Maybe they just knew it was Rad
Old 06-13-2012, 11:53 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

This is the best I could do all weekend on the pss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWrO1...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-13-2012, 12:08 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Hey, Rad....let's work together sometime and help you get the true potential out of your car(s)...

I need to trust the grip more especially at T1 and T17. I'm messing up T1, T5, T7, T10, T13, T15 (badly) and the challenging T17. Will do.

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:14 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

I need to trust the grip more especially at T1 and T17. I'm messing up T1, T5, T7, T10, T13, T15 (badly) and the challenging T17. Will do.

Thanks.
Too bad you don't have the little dial on the fiat wheel in your boxster. It makes every 'ting aok mon
Old 06-13-2012, 12:21 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

This is the best I could do all weekend on the pss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWrO1...ature=youtu.be
Wow, that's 3 seconds slower than your best lap a few weeks ago with PBOC, and you were on old R6 back then.

It seems like the MPSS are 2 secs slower than the RA1, and 4 secs slower than R6 at Sebring, we were discussing this last weekend.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:37 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

How come you couldn't keep up with me (and my passenger) on street tires in the first few laps? Your fear of going off line is becoming more apparent. Too much autox'ing apparently.

The only thing that is really embarrassing is that I gave a point by to a guy with a greasy perm and a shark took necklace

See my signature
I got trapped behind a E46 BMW and a 996 Carrera, late point-by by slow traffic is enough to kill momentum, and it is not like I have the extra 120Hp to regain momentum. Chin is strict about mandatory point-by, I think an advanced group should have qualified drivers to use open passing everywhere, intermediate groups should have mandatory point-by with passing everywhere, beginner groups should have mandatory point-by on restricted passing zones.

Actually, autocrossing teaches car control at and beyond the limits, and helps develop quick hands, and be comfortable in all kind of surfaces. Probably autocrossing is the reason why I'm in last place in the following DE Cup categories: two wheels off, 4 wheels off, spins and wall kissing.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:56 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Wow, that's 3 seconds slower than your best lap a few weeks ago with PBOC, and you were on old R6 back then.

It seems like the MPSS are 2 secs slower than the RA1, and 4 secs slower than R6 at Sebring, we were discussing this last weekend.
That's probably a pretty close estimate. I have a hard time getting confident with them though. They slip when pushed at speed. It's progressive, but doesn't instill confidence in the big turns (1, BB, 17) where the stakes are high. All that tread depth makes them squirm like a bitch.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good opportunity for you to practice using less brake through 1 and allowing some sideways sliding to slow the car. Well if it wasnt your street car that is. :-)

Quick Reply: Sebring Chin 6/9-10