Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Actual Hot Laps @ AMP

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 04:37 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

Great video and awesome driving! Sounds is awesome and very clear. Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:33 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks
Old 05-15-2012, 05:44 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
+1. Danny does seem to blow up a lot of motors.

Peter
Make no mistake about it, I think all of Danny's times in HIS car are legit and reasonable. This is the ST2 Forbis car I'm talking about though. I also think the times I have seen from that ST2 car from VIR and Mid-Ohio are legit. They have been backed up by another driver who does post videos/data and is just plain fast. And this guy was on it and ran a 1:29.6 at Road Atlanta. They eat motor's like kiddie snacks up there. But this motor was pretty fresh.

A 1:27.2 at Road Atlanta would be about a 1:27-1:28 at Mid-Ohio. Maybe even a 1:26 at Mid Ohio since it's his home track. That's almost equal to his ST1 car.

I would say the same thing if it were anybody. If you run a time somewhere where there is NO scrutiny whatsoever, have data and video to back it up, especially if it's a time like that.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:19 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 460 Posts

Make no mistake I know Danny personally and yes he can drive the wheels off a Vette. I just have a problem with the lack of NASA ability in compliance verification in hp to weight classes or reclass in TTA/TTF. But that is a topic that has been well covered elsewhere. We now return to the regularly scheduled AMP is awesome thread as long as you are noise compliant.

Peter

Originally Posted by wanna911
Make no mistake about it, I think all of Danny's times in HIS car are legit and reasonable. This is the ST2 Forbis car I'm talking about though. I also think the times I have seen from that ST2 car from VIR and Mid-Ohio are legit. They have been backed up by another driver who does post videos/data and is just plain fast. And this guy was on it and ran a 1:29.6 at Road Atlanta. They eat motor's like kiddie snacks up there. But this motor was pretty fresh.

A 1:27.2 at Road Atlanta would be about a 1:27-1:28 at Mid-Ohio. Maybe even a 1:26 at Mid Ohio since it's his home track. That's almost equal to his ST1 car.K

I would say the same thing if it were anybody. If you run a time somewhere where there is NO scrutiny whatsoever, have data and video to back it up, especially if it's a time like that.

Quick Reply: Actual Hot Laps @ AMP