Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 04:28 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Orbit = 100/hr

I'm going to bring them so much business. Let's talk on Monday when I bring the Fiat.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:30 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I think Rad is far too accustomed to being anally violated at the fiat dealer. The rest of the world doesn't pay $8k for a timing belt
Old 06-02-2012, 04:34 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deputydog95
I think Rad is far too accustomed to being anally violated at the fiat dealer. The rest of the world doesn't pay $8k for a timing belt
No timing belt changes in 430 Scuderia.

Decent labor rates in one of the best Fiat shops in U.S. right here in South Florida.

Car only goes to dealer for oil changes.

Mounting brake pads, changing oil, replacing wheel and tires, alignment for $100/hr is one thing, rebuilding a modern Porsche engine is orders or magnitude more complex, at $100/hr is a freaking amazing good deal.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:39 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJ-GT

I'm going to bring them so much business. Let's talk on Monday when I bring the Fiat.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:44 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Weaksauce rebuttal. It's a UK part. Not some Brazilian knock off What fault can you can you find with that product? That's like saying guard isn't a worthwhile option since you can put a motorsports product in.
Not really Guards LSD are high quality products, you can compare with Porsche as they get the job done.

In the case of the carbon fiber and fiber glass work, I'll let you speak for yourself.
Nothing better than put one part next to the other.
Finish, quality, everything changes.... for some could be the same.
FOr my eyes, years of difference. Matter of point of view.
Some people wouldn't consider our product, they only want the Porsche itself, and I respect that.
Another thing is resale value, either of the part or of the car build. The choice tells a lot about the build itself.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:48 PM
dfwporsche
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

No timing belt changes in 430 Scuderia.

Decent labor rates in one of the best Fiat shops in U.S. right here in South Florida.

Car only goes to dealer for oil changes.

Mounting brake pads, changing oil, replacing wheel and tires, alignment for $100/hr is one thing, rebuilding a modern Porsche engine is orders or magnitude more complex, at $100/hr is a freaking amazing good deal.
Rad - I also have a Scud. Why do you send yours to the dealer for oil changes instead of using the local shop?
Old 06-02-2012, 05:02 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

This is fun reading. These prices or costs being stated are astounding.
For the level of internal machining work done on my little POS 350 whp build and a whole lot of other "stuff"(can't talk about) these prices are amazing. Looks like my little project is in trouble.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 06-02-2012, 05:04 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dfwporsche
Rad - I also have a Scud. Why do you send yours to the dealer for oil changes instead of using the local shop?
I do the oil changes myself, but once a year I get the car to the dealer, so I get an official record of maintenance, in addition to my own records. I ask them for a full service (all fluids to be replaced). They are a 2nd set of eyes on my car conditions.

Best service in town (quality, knowledge and prices) is Ferrari/Maserati of Fort Lauderdale , 30 minutes from home.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:14 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Not really Guards LSD are high quality products, you can compare with Porsche as they get the job done.

In the case of the carbon fiber and fiber glass work, I'll let you speak for yourself.
Nothing better than put one part next to the other.
Finish, quality, everything changes.... for some could be the same.
FOr my eyes, years of difference. Matter of point of view.
Some people wouldn't consider our product, they only want the Porsche itself, and I respect that.
Another thing is resale value, either of the part or of the car build. The choice tells a lot about the build itself.
My car has long since not qualified to be a cars and coffee show car. Once I put a band aid on the fender to cover the dent, I knew it was over. Good enough is good enough for me Resale smesale... Any mod you put on the car is money out the window that you'll never get back and I'm far too lazy to bother reverting a car back to stock to sell the parts for 30 cents on the dollar. All the more reason to not invest any more than you have to as long as it gets the job done. I'm okay with my ghetto build. I went down that road the minute I started putting TS parts on my car
Old 06-02-2012, 07:18 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

They're not taking your prostate out, they're working on mechanical gizmos with pre made parts designed to fit inside one another.

Originally Posted by RSRanger
This is fun reading. These prices or costs being stated are astounding.
For the level of internal machining work done on my little POS 350 whp build and a whole lot of other "stuff"(can't talk about) these prices are amazing. Looks like my little project is in trouble.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
So your people have more than 50 hours of labor in the car for just the engine?
Old 06-02-2012, 08:14 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

My car has long since not qualified to be a cars and coffee show car. Once I put a band aid on the fender to cover the dent, I knew it was over. Good enough is good enough for me Resale smesale... Any mod you put on the car is money out the window that you'll never get back and I'm far too lazy to bother reverting a car back to stock to sell the parts for 30 cents on the dollar. All the more reason to not invest any more than you have to as long as it gets the job done. I'm okay with my ghetto build. I went down that road the minute I started putting TS parts on my car
Leave it as is, it is a great car except the stupid sunroof, and on a perfect storm it can run in the Gold DE Cup, and runs consistently in the Cup of Coffee.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:20 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

So your people have more than 50 hours of labor in the car for just the engine?
At least the Scuderia stripes over Orange Aero Beetle didn't take them that long. Gavin has Scuderia stripes too, and they look gooood !!!

The only other Aero Beetles worth of Scuderia stripes are the 4.0RS, 7GT2 and 7GT2 RS, actually the 4.0RS already has the stripes.

Fiat charged $9k for Scuderia stripes, worth it, they look goood !!!
Old 06-02-2012, 08:24 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Leave it as is, it is a great car except the stupid sunroof, and on a perfect storm it can run in the Gold DE Cup, and runs consistently in the Cup of Coffee.
What are the cup time breakdowns again? Seems like it changes weekly. Has is been officiated yet?

At least the Scuderia stripes over Orange Aero Beetle didn't take them that long. Gavin has Scuderia stripes too, and they look gooood !!!

The only other Aero Beetles worth of Scuderia stripes are the 4.0RS, 7GT2 and 7GT2 RS, actually the 4.0RS already has the stripes.

Fiat charged $9k for Scuderia stripes, worth it, they look goood !!!
Baller. My wrap guy will do them for $500.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:03 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Don't spend the money than, not going to make you faster anyway.
Should keep up with cars and coffee, you can win there.
Save the $ and spend at the Mexican place in Sebring, at least is fun
Keep going ghetto coming
TS for the win.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:05 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

What are the cup time breakdowns again? Seems like it changes weekly. Has is been officiated yet?

Baller. My wrap guy will do them for $500.
500 ???

Why bother, you can do that yourself with a 2 buck painter's tape from home depot

Quick Reply: FVD 4.0