Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Spy Shots of the 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:03 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i love stick, but to say there's no PDK i think is foolish. manual is old. M cars and F cars are all there already....

and if it's 7 speed, i wont do manual. why not just drive a semi truck with 18 speed. who in their right mind would drive a 7 speed manual? i much rather just play with my own stick.
Thanks for the laugh on this reply!

BTW, Schneider Nelson Porsche truly is a fantastic dealership. Are you the one who purchased Gary's RS from them about a month or so ago?
Old 04-26-2012, 12:49 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,006 Likes on 2,833 Posts

Originally Posted by Arthur195
who in their right mind would drive a 7 speed manual? i much rather just play with my own stick.
If you have any significant seat time in a GT3 at the track, then you know the gears are too widely spaced for best performance. A close-ratio 7spd manual (where top speed comes in 7th at peak hp) would make a big improvement to its track performance.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:01 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Thanks for the laugh on this reply!

BTW, Schneider Nelson Porsche truly is a fantastic dealership. Are you the one who purchased Gary's RS from them about a month or so ago?
hey, you have been "gone" for a while. glad to see u back. always re-read the article you wrote in pano about your euro delivery.

yes, schneider nelson is pretty incredible shop. i met my sales rep in newport CA. great buying experience. i cannot recommend more highly.

i think i had my RS since 1/8/2012. it was new order to my spec. so probably not gary's.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:05 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
If you have any significant seat time in a GT3 at the track, then you know the gears are too widely spaced for best performance. A close-ratio 7spd manual (where top speed comes in 7th at peak hp) would make a big improvement to its track performance.
yes, it's too widely spaced, but it's street car.
a cup is geared better and should be re-gear for each track so you are in power band and use all 6 gears. i am not sure even the pro's can shift fast enough given a 7 speed manual. and dont get me wrong. i love manuals and i am very old schooled. is still use rotary phone at home, really!

if it's a street fun car, a 6 speed is great.
a 7 speed is only b/c they did it for pdk and this way is cheaper to do manual instead of re-gear and make another gear box.

if race/track car, i dont want a third pedal, hell i dont even want a shifter, or str wheel, i just want to blink my eyes and win the damn race.

Quick Reply: Spy Shots of the 991 GT3