Honeymoon at Orlando, Florida

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 05:27 PM
almeena58
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honeymoon at Orlando, Florida

Hello all,

I am in Orlando Florida spending my honeymoon with, I have visited Universal studios and Adventure, Bush Garden and planning to see some nice places so do you guys have any suggestions.

thanks
Old 04-10-2012, 05:43 PM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Don't know how far is Pompano from your location, but think a visit to Champion Porsche - world's largest Porsche dealer - is worthwhile journey

Have a great trip!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:52 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

You can go to Izzones fav...World of Beer...LOL

Last edited by mdrums; 04-10-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:11 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

best sushi in town is Shari by lake eola, ask for MOO if he's available and say i sent you (riley)... amazing food, the "kama" is delicious and the "sunburn" roll... everything else is delicious and they always fly in something special on thursdays for the weekend.. (if you call ahead, ask for one of the tables along the railing upstairs....)

after u can take a lovely walk around lake eola and even go to "eola wine company" up the street for some wine/cheese/wind down..

another great place to walk and relax is park avenue in winter park... great shops and restaurants and just nice to walk around....

ton's of other area's of interest, what are you guys into?
Old 04-10-2012, 06:12 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ELPORSCHA
Don't know how far is Pompano from your location, but think a visit to Champion Porsche - world's largest Porsche dealer - is worthwhile journey

Have a great trip!
5-6 hours away, too far... porsche of orlando is decent, mall at millenia is nice and has aston/lotus/etc dealer across the way...
Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by almeena58
Hello all,

I am in Orlando Florida spending my honeymoon with, I have visited Universal studios and Adventure, Bush Garden and planning to see some nice places so do you guys have any suggestions.

thanks
best park is sea world

any dinner by the attractions is marginal......goto Winter Park for dinner, LUMA, then to wine room

best park is Sea World, the others are all waste of money in my opinion....and I live off Disney property
Old 04-10-2012, 06:42 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
best park is sea world

any dinner by the attractions is marginal......goto Winter Park for dinner, LUMA, then to wine room

best park is Sea World, the others are all waste of money in my opinion....and I live off Disney property
Agreed. I always enjoy Sea World more. Don't waste your money on Disney...
Old 04-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

I second Winter Park for dinner. A couple of really good restaurants there. Also a good French restaurant up a north I think called Maison et Jardin. At least, it was there a while back. Locals also go to Le Coq au Vin.

But to do the central Florida thing right, find someone with a wakeboard boat and go wakeboarding- central Florida is wakeboarding Mecca.

Last edited by Nick Wong; 04-10-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 660 Likes on 355 Posts

There are some fine restaurants around Lake Eola and a scenic path around the lake. Your lady will appreciate a sunset walk there. The lighted fountain is pretty cool. Not Bellagio cool, but nice. Bonus points are to be had for sure from your lady on that walk. As for restaurants in the area of Lake Eola, City Fish is a good place, as is Wild Side Bar B Q. (get their fried cheese cake for dessert-amazing). A higher end wonderful restaurant is Hue. I agree on the Sea World recommendation. Also consider Discovery Cove where you can swim with the dolphins. It is a sister park to Sea World.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:59 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
You can go to Izzones fav...World of Beer...LOL
YES!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:50 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by almeena58
Hello all,

thanks
Congratulations!
Married 17 years here. Hard work that.
SO. Time to lay down the ground rules.

There are Porsche shops and dealers everywhere. Good restaurants with Michelins, all over the place, parks mehhh..

BUT>>>> THERE IS ONLY ONE SEBRING!!

Now, best thing would be to send the wife shopping, she'll want to see if there is a new after marriage spending limit right?
She's still enthusiastic, so with some prep and a chance meeting ;-) with a fellow Rennlister and local shop we can have you strapped into a GT car before you know it! Afterwards we go drink lots of home made beer at Randy's park.

If you think that won't work, think charity.
I'd say animals, but more productive is if you start sponsoring a needy kid. best is a boy that needs tuition. I've seen plenty around Sebring, must be the water..
This so you can tell her you need to meet up with him and have a man to man talk about his dropping grades. Then you can come back to Sebring at will. I'd try to hold that scheme back for the first 15 years, but you might come out guns a blazing ;-)

And don't forget the slush fund..

Let me know when this is going to happen
Old 04-11-2012, 12:56 AM
almeena58
Racer

thanks all for the great input,
I will plan for the see world and the sushi rest as well since my wife loves the sushi so much, however we tried olive garden located at international drive but it was not that good even it was very busy restaurant.

the most important for me is the sebring and I think it needs a visit so thanks trackcar I need your suggestions since I am leaving florida on 19th Apr.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blue Martini by the Mall of Millennia is nice for drinks and dance if you are looking for a later night thing to do. Another cool place to try is Fire and Ice bar. It has a true ice bar. You can google it.

If you are into horses then Arabian Knights is a nice dinner attraction.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:23 PM
almeena58
Racer

Originally Posted by rijowysock
best sushi in town is Shari by lake eola, ask for MOO if he's available and say i sent you (riley)... amazing food, the "kama" is delicious and the "sunburn" roll... everything else is delicious and they always fly in something special on thursdays for the weekend.. (if you call ahead, ask for one of the tables along the railing upstairs....)

after u can take a lovely walk around lake eola and even go to "eola wine company" up the street for some wine/cheese/wind down..

another great place to walk and relax is park avenue in winter park... great shops and restaurants and just nice to walk around....

ton's of other area's of interest, what are you guys into?
it was a nice try visiting that restaurant riley, and the lake was amazing as well but we didn't spend lot of time around and we just went to the premium outlet Orlando. still searching for other great special resturants
Old 04-11-2012, 11:09 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have visited champion 2 times while in fla on business and it was made very clear to me that I did not know the secret handshake for anything resembling a care in the world that I walked in...

Granted I was clear that I was just visiting from out of town so they likely thought "no sale = ignore" but I was put off

I would not waste time visiting unless you can make some prior arrangements for something more than the cold shoulder

Quick Reply: Honeymoon at Orlando, Florida