GTR, Playstation Hero....
Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Yup, just like a Fiat...
Unless you drive it on a Playstation, which is exactly the same except they last in the game.

Perhaps that's why Porsche does not participate with Sony; You can't feel the perfection.
Fiat races in ALMS, GrandAm, F1, LeMans, FIA-GT2, FIA-GT3. VW not so much.

The 458 and 430 Challenge races last 1 hour, not a few minutes like the Porsche SuperCup thingy. Fiat uses the street engine and street transmission, VW not so much.

All your Aero Beetles have a long list of repaired and replaced parts due to failures, that's not reliable, that's not long lasting. So much for Purrfection.

My Fiat used to overheat the brakes, not anymore, new rotors and pads fixed the problem. It is the only reason it would not take long track sessions. I'm still in my 1st LSD, 1st clutch disc, 1st pressure plate, 1st toe links, never cracked a muffler, after 3+ years with the car. Fiat is closest to perfection than VW, and Fiat puts the engine where it belongs.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
So, a GT3 RS 4.0 on Hoosier is 1 second slower at RRR than a Nissan GTR on street tires?

No wonder why Nissan claims the new GTR laps the Nurburgring in 7:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSi76...1&feature=plcp

GTR: good for 1 hot Nurburgring lap, good for 3 OLOA time trial laps. I guess we won't see the GTR in ALMS, GrandAm or any race longer than 7 minutes.
I would like to see a GTR in the Continental GS class.. But it would be a pain to make it last that long in a race... or impossible.... It could have lasted the first hour at Barber in the Conti race no problem though!!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GT-R can't even last a World Challenge sprint race let alone an enduro. The only way that thing could run competitively in Grand Am/Continental Cup is if NISMO was directly involved.

And I'm not biased... in fact I love the old school Skyline GT-R... still own one in fact.

Quick Reply: OLOA Tire Choice