Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

srp pedals install ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 01:19 AM
mepps
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default srp pedals install ?

anyone installed these? you cant remove the rubber from the footrest and gas pedal correct? isnt it part of the pedal itself? only the brake and clutch? thx
Old 03-11-2012, 01:45 AM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I have been hearing people are trying to reduce the difference between the gas and brake/clutch, so they are mounting the SRP ontop of the gas but removing the rubber from the clutch and brake pedal.

This brings the difference in height closer together for heal toe driving.

Some also add washers in-between to adjust the height even closer. Best of luck with the install.

If you still need the diagram I can scan it for you tomorrow when Im able to get her upstairs to scan it, right now I cannot wake my crouch. I hope this info is of some help to you.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:53 AM
mepps
Racer

according to the paperwork that came with them, the install looks pretty easy. i see what you mean about trying to make the brake/gas pedals the same "height" thx
Old 03-11-2012, 04:25 AM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

i removed brake/clutch rubber covers. srp pedals went directly onto gas and dead pedal.

be careful not to drill holes too close to edge of brake and clutch pedals.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:32 AM
mepps
Racer

ok, thx much
Old 03-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Porschefahrer
AutoX

I have the same problem. I run a 997.2 RS with OEM-sport pedals - I ordered the pedal upgrade. With these pedals, the rubber seems to be an integral part of the pedal, not a cover which I can pull off. I can easily mount the SRP's onto the accelerator, I wouldn't mind to mount them directly onto the dead pedal. But on the brake pedal and on the clutch I would keep at least 3-4mm of rubber beneath the SRP's.

I have not mounted the pedals so far because of this problem. Do you cut the rubber off the pedal??? Or do you just leave it as it is and mount the SRP's on the rubber? That seems to bring them quite close, doesn't it?

Any help is welcome!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:31 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

Pull hard, it should come off. I started to wonder about this too, but I kept at it and yes the brake/clutch covers do come off.

Then, as I said above, mark holes carefully so as to not drill a useless hole at the edge of the pedal.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:28 AM
mepps
Racer

Default install done

was a nice day so got the install done, mounted right ontop on of the footrest and gas, the rubber pads pull right off the clutch and brake. was amazed that the entire clutch pedal and arm is made of plastic!
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2012, 07:40 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

The pedals look great!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Porschefahrer
AutoX

Thank you for the picture, this will help me with my installation!

The pedals do look great!

I will have to retry with my pedals and see how it works out...
Old 03-12-2012, 08:24 AM
mepps
Racer

i noticed this on my car...the rubber pads pull off the brake clutch, the gas and dead pedal are plastic and it doesnt pull off.....and it is like ridged? different heights, i tried to get them aligned so it would screw into the highest parts..not the gaps in between the ridges. this wasnt exactly where i wanted them mounted but i wanted as much screw of the screw to engage into the plastic as possible....you could go with a little longer screw to position them exactly where you want if some holes line up into the gaps. i hope that makes sense. i might end up getting some longer screws and re-doing them so i can move the dead pedal to the right and the gas to the left. also, on the brake pedal...the pedal is not exactly flat, it has a lip all around the outside rolled towards the bottom....make sure that your holes are far enough in that the nut on the back side clears that lip and sits flat....also the center bottom bolt/hole...the arm is hollow...i tried to drill the hole right in the center of that hollow part of the arm....the bolt was a little long and the nyloc nut that came with them was a little wide to go into the center of that hollow arm...so i shortened the bolt a little and i narrowed the nut a little on the grinding wheel so it went right up into that hollow arm. good thing about that was i didnt have to put a wrench on that nyloc nut as it was held by the sides of the arm. i didnt see any other way of mounting it.

Last edited by mepps; 03-12-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-12-2012, 11:51 AM
lopro
Banned

Right on, Good advice and great job. Looks nice and Grippy. Enjoy the pyrimid grid finish. I like the black anodize look and the machine holes. really nice addition. How did the height differences pan out? This is the style I went for... Super grippy & paired with rennline track mats.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:21 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Lopro, we need to see the room of mods waiting for a car to put them. Post some pictures!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:43 PM
mepps
Racer

they feel great, still the gas could be a little closer and higher in relation to the brake. thx all
Old 03-12-2012, 01:23 PM
lopro
Banned

washers and longer bolts should help to level out that height difference.

Quick Reply: srp pedals install ?