This is an odd duck

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 11:54 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
Default gt3

This is a great buy.

Anybody who always wanted a GT3 but couldnt justify a 2 seater because they have kids now has the perfect opportunity to please himself and the family.

Rear seats likely dealer installed but considering that it is the same tub as the carrera who cares... It is all the same and fits. Plug and play.

They miles are not high in my books. 10k miles a year show that the car was regularly used and is reliable.

As long as the car has warranty id be a happy camper in this well optioned porsche.

The GT2 seats are nice but i wonder how hard it would be to fit the kids behind a roll bar or at least a decent quick release harness bar to fully enjoy the GT2 chairs for those solo track days
Old 03-04-2012, 12:23 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
The GT2 seats are nice but i wonder how hard it would be to fit the kids behind a roll bar or at least a decent quick release harness bar to fully enjoy the GT2 chairs for those solo track days
Cracked me up. I guess that we just can't leave these things alone

Last edited by FFaust; 03-04-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: missing word
Old 03-04-2012, 07:29 AM
wurlie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful. The tub is not the same as Carrera on 997.2 GT cars, as they removed the double skin sheetmetal in the rear to save weight. Apparently the anchors for the rear seatbelts cannot be properly supported because of this.
Hope this helps, w
Old 03-04-2012, 12:16 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by wurlie
Be careful. The tub is not the same as Carrera on 997.2 GT cars, as they removed the double skin sheetmetal in the rear to save weight. Apparently the anchors for the rear seatbelts cannot be properly supported because of this.
Hope this helps, w
+1

At one point there were pictures posted regarding this showing the lack of proper mounting points on the 997.2 GT cars.

I'd be very concerned about this setup.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:10 PM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wurlie
Hope this helps, w
+1
Porsche made it very clear the 997.2 GT cars are single skin and not suited for rear seats. I remember reading that when the car was release.
It wasn't an issue with the 997.1 GT cars since the tub was exactly the same as the 997 C/CS cars. It was actually a very popular mod in Europe.
If they did it right it might be ok with added re-enforcement but who knows who did it and how they did it.
I'd pass.

Quick Reply: This is an odd duck