OEM GT3 Cup autoblipper DIY

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 04:24 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by edwin814
Nice DIY, Mike. It was good seeing some familiar faces again.

I had a blast DE the RS for the first time. It's certainly difference from my M3s. I think the biggest adjustment I had to make was getting used to PCCB. I found that I had to brake later and HARDER for the brake pedal to sink down further for proper heel/toe. Can't wait to get some more seat time with the RS.
Yes, more time will help and continue to drive faster and brake harder

Originally Posted by lopro
great write up mikymu - I have checked out many of your DIY's over the last few months. Really interesting posts. I love this one - made me want to drive a cup car soo bad.. That is quite the machine to have I hear.

I love the look of the motec on dash and the sequential shifter - really cool throttle bliper also. Nice install.
Looks like a great place to work on driving becuase of the large run off areas and whatnot. Enjoy it, seems to be lots of learning going on and I commend you for your hard work learning to drive a cup. Man that really looks like a fun time. play hard and play safe.

what does your trailer look like? and what are you towing this with?
Thanks. Thunderhill is great fun but as you can see thre are many hills and if your wheel catch a sharp divit then plan to roll couple times. It can be very dangerous ...

I have an open trailer and Toyota Tunder to tow. Here is a picture of the Cup car when I first tow it back from Texas. Works great

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Yup I did get sick. I guess it took my body a bit longer to kick in...

The best of the day for me was 1.55.1... my fav part of the day was tossing it around with this competition viper. at about 3:30 is when i start catching up fast, and for about 1.5 laps we have some fun...sorry for my rear view mirror being in the way- ill have to mod my camera mount next time.
1:55 in your 996TT with your dress shoes?? Holy ****! That is Linsanity fast!!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:47 AM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice wrap on that cup when you picked it up, How come you changed it? Did your car come with bbs spairs?

How come you dont use the cup wheel tiedown loops then you can avoid the tie thru the wheels. Is that a Trailex 8045 or 8060? I wouldnt mind getting myself a tow setup like this
Did you buy this car from BR racing?

I saw a close call near a wall in your video here.. Wow scared me
I guess if a person dont try, they can never learn. You look like your having fun. Nice cup car. how many hours on your trans now?
thanks for your reply - good luck and have fun
Old 02-16-2012, 01:49 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
F1 drives 996TT
Stock... 996tubo.........

Originally Posted by mikymu

1:55 in your 996TT with your dress shoes?? Holy ****! That is Linsanity fast!!
The dress shoes is the go fast mod.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:31 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Another nice write-up indeed.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:01 AM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of throttle blipper ---> http://www.orbitracing.com/racing-pa...dj-classifieds
Old 02-18-2012, 11:39 AM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike,

It may just be your preference or you do not know you are doing it but your left hand seems to always be at the 9 o'clock position but your right hand, after you shift, goes to the 2 o'clock position most times - and only occasionally to 3 o'clock. There is no right answer as it is a feel thing,but it 'might' give you better feel and reaction if both your hands were in similar positions.

Another great write-up

Paul
Old 02-18-2012, 03:01 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Been meaning to ask: Anybody know why the two different kinds of blippers? Pics show the other, through the panel.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: OEM GT3 Cup autoblipper DIY