Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Mancation; Road America-Calabogie-Tremblant-Mosport....OH CANADA

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:58 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Peter just tell the instructor your TRAKCAR and you know what your doing after 2 laps.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:20 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Peter just tell the instructor your TRAKCAR and you know what your doing after 2 laps.
lol.

And that you shouldn't be in a group with "other" students, cause you drive flat-out
Old 07-20-2012, 11:25 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cwhota
My pressure plate is gone car out of the game for Monday/Thursday
Just drive back to town tomorrow to get the parts at Lauzon in the morning, and try to get it done before Sunday night, non?

Sinon tu prendras mon char.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 PM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts

Glad to hear that you guys are maintaining the mancation spirit. Keep your chins up and try not to get kicked out of Canada
Old 07-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Red Bear
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks like we need to hire a factory support team for next mancation. Going home early felt like I was suspended from school. While the gearbox was out I updated the shifter and cables to Motorsports.

Any update on Clarke's engine?
Old 07-21-2012, 12:12 AM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 139 Posts

[QUOTE=TRAKCAR;9703483]A bunch of 2:220 but they were all out laps. Lots of traffic.
Seems slow when well driven M3's are about the same...

Fun difficult track, not so good for our cars, tires and gearing.

Got yelled at by instructor when I started looking for grip. Told me i was screwing around and too close to other students and I was passing in corners, but they were all point by?
I offered to let him out in the pit but he decided to stick it out.
I should have communicated better that I kinda figured out the track due to his help and was taking it from the student line to the fast line and I don't nessesarily accept his line as the fast line for my car.

Brake upgrade is needed. These crazies finish flag you in 3 corners before pit in. All 3 of us were standing there with 4 columns of smoke billowing of the brakes.

The first time I went to this track in the 996GT3, my instructor thought I was too hot in some of the slow corners and he thought I was loosing too much grip (BMW event like this one). I told him I had all the grip I needed but i was lifting to turn the car ...well I might have been speaking greek to him. I convinced that it was right after bout the 3 rd session when only the ferrari could keep up after that. I was still on street tires. So I would stick with what you are doing.

There is no real right line through Calabogie, I have seen guys miss every apex cone and were blisteringly fast. I can count about 6 ways through "patience", and only one wrong way which is trying to accelerate too early and ending in the tire wall.....there is no grip here when going fast.

Get used to the smoking brakes..I thought I had a coolant leak the first time...and yes no clue why 4 corners is all you get to cool down.

I usually enter the pits and then hang a right around the main building and go for 2 laps around the back parking lot just to cool down.

Any videos?
Old 07-21-2012, 12:54 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Ouch on Calabogie let down..... Tremblant will be more to your liking I bet!! Much faster!!

Old 07-21-2012, 01:17 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

+1.... Tell him you're famous and have lots of YouTube flat out track videos.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:19 AM
jenk12m
Banned

yea we still need some videos
Old 07-21-2012, 06:55 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Took a little longer than that, but I know where I am going now. Just looking for time, but too much slow traffic, hopefully they put me in the instructor group.

Originally Posted by FFaust
lol.

And that you shouldn't be in a group with "other" students, cause you drive flat-out
I did. They were not impressed. Funny thing is I paid more not to instruct = you are student. Randy is instructing LOL.

Originally Posted by FFaust
Just drive back to town tomorrow to get the parts at Lauzon in the morning, and try to get it done before Sunday night, non?

Sinon tu prendras mon char.
+1, please fix it!

Originally Posted by ATL Fahrer
Glad to hear that you guys are maintaining the mancation spirit. Keep your chins up and try not to get kicked out of Canada
Having fun Lewis, you should be here with us bear watching. We are behaving like ideal son-in-laws..

Originally Posted by Red Bear
Looks like we need to hire a factory support team for next mancation. Going home early felt like I was suspended from school. While the gearbox was out I updated the shifter and cables to Motorsports.

Any update on Clarke's engine?
Haha, Grady we definately need some kind of support. Randy's getting almost as lazy as I. Wish you were not suspended, what a bummer you had to pack up and go home, but happy to read the car is fixed and improved with more cheater parts. I hope I make it through this trip on my PP.

Clarkes car still broke sitting where we left it in Chicago

GentlemanRacer

The first time I went to this track in the 996GT3, my instructor thought I was too hot in some of the slow corners and he thought I was loosing too much grip (BMW event like this one). I told him I had all the grip I needed but i was lifting to turn the car ...well I might have been speaking greek to him. I convinced that it was right after bout the 3 rd session when only the ferrari could keep up after that. I was still on street tires. So I would stick with what you are doing.

There is no real right line through Calabogie, I have seen guys miss every apex cone and were blisteringly fast. I can count about 6 ways through "patience", and only one wrong way which is trying to accelerate too early and ending in the tire wall.....there is no grip here when going fast.

Get used to the smoking brakes..I thought I had a coolant leak the first time...and yes no clue why 4 corners is all you get to cool down.

I usually enter the pits and then hang a right around the main building and go for 2 laps around the back parking lot just to cool down.

Any videos?
Yeah, we will see how it shakes out over the weekend.
There are 150 cars here, looks ugly in terms of getting clean laps in, but we will see.

Some corners here are an excersize in patience for sure. I am to low RPM in 3 and not enough grip in 2nd gear. Plus I am trying to make my PP last.

I get off the track, drive through the paddock, out the gate and go cruise to the gas station for 5 miles and do some bearand moose watching

Video coming soon, I hope uploading a couple of laps of the last session when they put student and instructors together for an hour for 2 25 minute sessions in a row. Tires hot and brakes hot, but these were the only semi clean laps behind another local blue 10 GT3RS.

Very smartly they finished the group, got us in and let us sit there setting pads on fire in between the 2 sessions.

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Ouch on Calabogie let down..... Tremblant will be more to your liking I bet!! Much faster!!

No let down for me, just a busy BMW group and not a top 5 track, but we are having fun. The track is interesting, some flows with you, some corners fight you hard.

Originally Posted by mdrums
+1.... Tell him you're famous and have lots of YouTube flat out track videos.
LOL Mike, I keep telling them, but they are not impressed, I should have brought out the Lemons 325 perhaps?

yea we still need some videos
Working on it, you will be able to understand the track better when you see our video's I think. Still slow, still learning.....

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 07-21-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:51 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

But soon I will be FLATOUT :-)

Old 07-21-2012, 08:05 AM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Peter you have to use 2nd gear at Calabogie - from memory I used it at least 3 corners even with my 4.0 r&p
Old 07-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by 997gt3north
Peter you have to use 2nd gear at Calabogie - from memory I used it at least 3 corners even with my 4.0 r&p
I don't think so

Maybe on hooters

There is very little grip and second gear causes a drift show
Old 07-21-2012, 11:14 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Wow, there sure are a bunch of patient corners
Old 07-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

BMW club has demoted Reter from instructor to student

His instructor says he is not smooth enough....guess Rad is correct, is DE cup drivers are slow

Watching Peter goto classroom for basic instruction is comical

Quick Reply: Mancation; Road America-Calabogie-Tremblant-Mosport....OH CANADA