Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Great eye for composition TDM!!

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Trakcar, you mentioned earlier that you had a video of me in front of you. I would love to see that if possible just so I can see how the line is I am running. It is rare to see yourself from the car behind you (unless you are Clarke and that's the only view people get as he pulls away from everybody). Also, it was great to get out there and run with you a bit on Sunday or whenever that was. You and Izzone mentioned that you thought we were doind like a 1:31 or something, but the best I can see in my data is a 1:33:00. Maybe in that video you cought up to me a bit and that was the difference in what I see and what you saw? I would take the 1:31 if I can prove it, LOL!
!
What data system do you run

I wonder how accurate TM is when calculating the times also

When I was behind you we did a low 1:32.....and peter said you got him a low :31

Maybe none of thes esystems besides a transponder are really wirth a crap within a second or so
Old 07-17-2012, 02:10 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone

When I was behind you we did a low 1:32.....and peter said you got him a low :31

Maybe none of thes esystems besides a transponder are really wirth a crap within a second or so
Call The Greek..or..he posted his findings between Traqmate and iPhone Harry's Lap Timer.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:11 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

2 GPS systems can be off. On my boat my speedo is GPS and then I have GPS on my Raymarine Chartplotter. Both speedo's will show slightly different speeds with in .5 or so mph.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:12 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone

I am running Traqmate. Interesting to hear this. Maybe if Peter posts the video I can time it off that and see where the info lands. a 1:31 would be killer for me if true! Watch out Clarke, here I come!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:29 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

where are the lap times from everybody else at Mosport?

We know Trakcar 1.1 did 1:30.999 on shaved RA1, and GT3DE supposedly did a 1:27.87 on Michelin GT3 Cup slicks.

Slicks is a 3 secs handicap at Mosports, R6/V710/R1 a 1.5 secs handicap, shaved vintage RA1/NT01/R888/Trofeo are the bar, MPSS take a 1.5 secs bonus.

Jenks?
Izzone?
ffaust?
cwhota?
Old 07-17-2012, 02:31 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

So, maybe my choices are not always the best, but luckily I made it through this time without an impression of Trakcar's front bumper at my side, LOL! All I can say is that Clarke's driving skills are off the charts, just off the charts!!! I was in the car with him at NJMP several weeks ago and that was pretty unbeleivable. So when I get in the car with Clarke at Mosport it took like 2 to 3 laps to calm myself down a bit. My first reaction was to ask Clarke to drop me off at the next turn, and was willing to walk back to the paddock and get yelled at for walking on a hot track. I would thumb it back to the paddock, I didn't care. But eventually I got my composure and enjoyed the line. It was amazing to me how Clarke was attacking the turns with so much more control and on the edge. Bottom line is this, I know for sure that his speed differential from the other cars was decent. I know there is discussion here about his iPhone not being reliable, but I have a dirty pair of underwear to prove his times.

What I also know is by going out with Clarke I was able to take 2 seconds off my best time. I went from a 1:35 on Friday to a 1:33 on Saturday or Sunday. I may have a better time if I move the start/finish line around depending upon where traffic held me up, but I'll take the 1:33 flat for now. I wish I had a bit more time to work on that, but maybe next year.

Not much to say dude other than you rock!

Thanks for all the rides and helping my driving along the way.
I am happy to give amusement park rides. You are welcome anytime.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:40 PM
jenk12m
Banned

1:32.3 on corded Hoosiers front n rear
1:32.7 on ra1's
Old 07-17-2012, 02:42 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Times may have gotten faster had I stayed for the Sunday morning session. That's where Peter dropped 2 seconds off his best lap time
Old 07-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
where are the lap times from everybody else at Mosport?

We know Trakcar 1.1 did 1:30.999 on shaved RA1, and GT3DE supposedly did a 1:27.87 on Michelin GT3 Cup slicks.

Slicks is a 3 secs handicap at Mosports, R6/V710/R1 a 1.5 secs handicap, shaved vintage RA1/NT01/R888/Trofeo are the bar, MPSS take a 1.5 secs bonus.

Jenks?
Izzone?
ffaust?
cwhota?
1:32.496 is my best, Sunday afternoon......caught too much traffic Sunday morning and I was already called in once for agressive passing....so I was taking it easy.

Peter / Mike were only running vintage RA1 on the rear. Their front tires were MY11 Nito NT01

I was the only one running MY06/07 Toyo RA1 front and rear

For kicks I put a durometer to a fresh NT01 and a fresh vintage RA1, the NT01 had a much softer reading........it is possible that our vintage (expired) RA1 are a bit harder / less grip than a NT01?

When Peter switched his fronts at Road America from Toyo to Nitto he got quicker....probably a combination of better driving and a newer more grippy tire. He never ran a RA1 at Mosport.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

I am running Traqmate. Interesting to hear this. Maybe if Peter posts the video I can time it off that and see where the info lands. a 1:31 would be killer for me if true! Watch out Clarke, here I come!
I cant imagine a Traqmate is accurate to 100ths of a second.....

When I verlay the GPS from Peter and I sometimes.....either we have completely different lines or the accuracy os not that great.....I dont think they are all that accurate

I just looked at the data when we were nose to tail.....mostly mid 1:32's
Old 07-17-2012, 03:30 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Red group = all instructors, some in slow cars, some just slow pointing you by. I would think an instructor is comfy pointing anyone by anywhere..
there are plenty of people following different 'rule' where point-by is an optional element at DEs and anybody who is not happy to follow your tail can go to the pits and wait over for a clean lap, as - 'safety first' and driving too close by to a car ahead 'is not safe' so point-by is not getting given out of a general principle.

only solution is to get to the level where you can run at events with open passing. at any other event it will be an issue in one form or another plus thanks to world changing from bad to worse each year organizations restrict passing zones more and more, like at Lime Rock now all clubs leave only 2 zones for passing for any group other than Red and Red gets only 3. 2 years ago we had 5 zones to pass there and 0 issues with trains, now with 2 zones you have to follow jerks who ignore everybody else or go into pits as pro flaggers will black you right away if you pass with no point-bys.

at last SCDA event it was a heated discussion between ferrari guy and other guy in havily modified excige as lotus was doing sub-minute laps and got stuck behind that ferrari that was good 2sec slower, so, same thing - 'i do not have to pass-by go to pits' stupid sh$t.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:50 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

What I also know is by going out with Clarke I was able to take 2 seconds off my best time. I went from a 1:35 on Friday to a 1:33 on Saturday or Sunday.
Oh, so that's what happened

I was wondering about that. I was kind of running with you on Friday, then completely lost sight later in the weekend. Matter of fact, I rode with Peter, and we were doing 1:32s, and weren't all over you
Old 07-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

For the Tremblant guys, gates are open for trailer drop off at 5 PM Sunday and are locked at 10 PM. Tech line and registration opens at 7 AM. Driver's meeting (mandatory) at 8:30.

Best,

Quick Reply: Mancation; Road America-Calabogie-Tremblant-Mosport....OH CANADA