Originally Posted by FFaust
Yeah I know, that's why my times were a bit lower
Ya but Francois, i save my speed for the track lolll
Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 467 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Tremblant is more strict for noise than Calabogie. Stock cars barely pass.

Stock car at Calabogie is no problem.

Calabogie's own days are run by En-Track and they will be running this year. There tends to be more time on track than a PCA event but with only 2 run groups there tends to be a wider variety of drivers and cars. Better/faster drivers may get frustrated by inexperienced/slow drivers mixed in.
True on all counts, but I'd add.... At Tremblant in 2 yrs with a Sharky by-pass I've been B flagged only once... And was 0.2 db over the 92 db limit. With the number of Cup cars that are now running in black and red groups,.... they are the true "sound decoys"!!

CMP (Calabogie) EnTrack lapping days... While they run a very safe, well organized event and you get more track time..... you VERY rarely get a clean lap, and as Chris says, may get frustrating!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:44 PM
2000cup76
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
We keep it simple and start registering, book tickets and hotels after the weekend.

Part1:
July 7-10 Road America PCA Nord plus another group for 2 days
Fly home 10th late or 11th early

Part2:
Fly back to Chicago 18th.
BMW Calabogie event July 20/21/22
PCA Tremblant July23+24(PCA)
EA July 25 open lapping
26th start driving south.

We looking for NJMP, Monticello, Lime rock, Summit Point, AMP for on the way home starting the 2th. July..
If no Mosport or Calabogie available on 20, 25->28th. See part 3. We fly home from Montreal/Toronto depending on where we leave truck and trailer.

too bad it does not work for your schedule ... we are doing Calabogie with PCA NER July 6,7,8 travel day on the 9th then Mt Tremblant with NER on 10, 11, 12 and then Mosport with UCR on 13, 14 15.... NER is a great group to run with...the only difficult part is between MT and Mosport but I am willing to sacrifice a little bit of Mosport to make this work..
Old 02-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000cup76
We keep it simple and start registering, book tickets and hotels after the weekend.

Part1:
July 7-10 Road America PCA Nord plus another group for 2 days
Fly home 10th late or 11th early

Part2:
Fly back to Chicago 18th.
BMW Calabogie event July 20/21/22
PCA Tremblant July23+24(PCA)
EA July 25 open lapping
26th start driving south.

We looking for NJMP, Monticello, Lime rock, Summit Point, AMP for on the way home starting the 2th. July..
If no Mosport or Calabogie available on 20, 25->28th. See part 3. We fly home from Montreal/Toronto depending on where we leave truck and trailer.

too bad it does not work for your schedule ... we are doing Calabogie with PCA NER July 6,7,8 travel day on the 9th then Mt Tremblant with NER on 10, 11, 12 and then Mosport with UCR on 13, 14 15.... NER is a great group to run with...the only difficult part is between MT and Mosport but I am willing to sacrifice a little bit of Mosport to make this work..
That interferes with road America

Huge group of gt3 going

Fantastic pca group
Old 02-18-2012, 02:54 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks Bob, we will check it out.

Francois, Marc, Peter and all the others, thank you for PM's and dates
I had to do Valentine’s day today and, well Randy needed to make sure the revenue numbers stay up at World Of Beer.

Thanks for the dates so far, we will look for some missing dates tomorrow for Mosport and Calabogie.
Because Randy has a conference July 10-13 this is the most likely scenario at the moment, nothing decided, so open for suggestions!

Part1:
We may do a week trying to stop a few tracks on our way north to Road America before his conference.
July 7-10 Road America PCA Nord plus another group for 2 days (We will be there with 10-15 997RS, try to make it! It will be a party we will be staying at the Osthoff)
Fly home 10/11th., Randy almost in time for conference Boca 10-13.

Part2:
Fly back to Chicago in time to drive to hit Tremblant to make July 20 (VAG motorsport), 23+24(PCA) and maybe 25 open lapping with EA, unless on the 20th or 25th. there are track days at Mosport or Calabogie. Ideally we would fill up July 21+22 with Calabogie or Mosport. (Wat are the real driving times?)

Part3
If no Calabogi or Mosport available above dates, we fly back to Montreal/Toronto and start on our way south with Calabogie or Mosport a week or so later, so we need to find Mosport or calabogie days first or second week in August.

On the way South we will try to hit Monticello, NJMP, Summit Point or whatever else we can find on route.

If anyone knows of hard to find, private or unpublished dates at Calabogie and Mosport hit us up.
If you need a safe place to land your truck and trailer north of ohare by about 20 minutes or so let me know. A locked yard for 200 for a month, which is were I kept my rig last year for almost 4 months with no issues. Easy to get in and out with big trailer.

Are you guys locked in on your RA dates now??

I was planning another trip out there but later in the year, august, but I may have to change it now.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by stujelly
Thanks Bob, we will check it out.

Francois, Marc, Peter and all the others, thank you for PM's and dates
I had to do Valentine’s day today and, well Randy needed to make sure the revenue numbers stay up at World Of Beer.

Thanks for the dates so far, we will look for some missing dates tomorrow for Mosport and Calabogie.
Because Randy has a conference July 10-13 this is the most likely scenario at the moment, nothing decided, so open for suggestions!

Part1:
We may do a week trying to stop a few tracks on our way north to Road America before his conference.
July 7-10 Road America PCA Nord plus another group for 2 days (We will be there with 10-15 997RS, try to make it! It will be a party we will be staying at the Osthoff)
Fly home 10/11th., Randy almost in time for conference Boca 10-13.

Part2:
Fly back to Chicago in time to drive to hit Tremblant to make July 20 (VAG motorsport), 23+24(PCA) and maybe 25 open lapping with EA, unless on the 20th or 25th. there are track days at Mosport or Calabogie. Ideally we would fill up July 21+22 with Calabogie or Mosport. (Wat are the real driving times?)

Part3
If no Calabogi or Mosport available above dates, we fly back to Montreal/Toronto and start on our way south with Calabogie or Mosport a week or so later, so we need to find Mosport or calabogie days first or second week in August.

On the way South we will try to hit Monticello, NJMP, Summit Point or whatever else we can find on route.

If anyone knows of hard to find, private or unpublished dates at Calabogie and Mosport hit us up.
If you need a safe place to land your truck and trailer north of ohare by about 20 minutes or so let me know. A locked yard for 200 for a month, which is were I kept my rig last year for almost 4 months with no issues. Easy to get in and out with big trailer.

Are you guys locked in on your RA dates now??

I was planning another trip out there but later in the year, august, but I may have to change it now.
Yes

Ra dates are locked
Old 02-18-2012, 10:08 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to road America.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:19 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

FYI, MVP Tracktime July 7-8 is an excellent organization with the maximal amount of tracktime. Have done 2 events at RA with them. Will try and make it as well...with some of my Iowa friends (one with an RS). I may not have an RS, but I'm sure I can hang with you big boys!

Last edited by kyrocks; 02-19-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:00 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I already answered, maybe it was in the other thread? Houston best bet is March 15-18 at TWS (a bit over an hour north of Houston) or north fo Ft Worth on March 10-11 at Eagles Canyon.
Trying to attend TWS March 15-18... Never been there, but everyone here in Dallas says it's a great track! Haven't met enough people yet; would have to come down on my own. Don't forget Motorsports Ranch Fort Worth March 24-25. I like their 3.1 mile track a little better than Eagles Canyon.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:02 AM
drdrank
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the drive back down...RTR PCA at Watkins Glen July 27-29.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:35 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,667 Likes on 774 Posts

Sounds good to me.
Any Monticello?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,669 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Trying to attend TWS March 15-18... Never been there, but everyone here in Dallas says it's a great track! Haven't met enough people yet; would have to come down on my own. Don't forget Motorsports Ranch Fort Worth March 24-25. I like their 3.1 mile track a little better than Eagles Canyon.
Please come to TWS! You will love it, and there will be lots of Rennlisters there racing, driving, etc. A bunch fo them are coming down from the DFW area....
Old 02-19-2012, 07:55 PM
drdrank
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good to me.
Any Monticello?
lol..you sent me drunk text. remember?

give me a set of dates that are optimal and i can call as well.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:11 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,667 Likes on 774 Posts

I probably said to ask Randy and that he was drunk.

I think last day in Canada is 25th so 27 or 28th. WG is fun, but I hope to do more new tracks so Monticello comes first as will NJMP, maybe lime rock and Summit point and a bit more out of the way AMP....

I will look for NJMP to see if there is an event and then the day before or after Monticello if I can choose..
Old 02-19-2012, 10:16 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Renting a couple houses (with "4forme") near RA for that 4 day stretch! Will finalize this week. Gonna bring the wife and 5 kids up too. Now just have to do figure out how to do the 17 hr drive with a 4 month old..) Greek food on me! See you guys there!

Quick Reply: Mancation; Road America-Calabogie-Tremblant-Mosport....OH CANADA