Rennlist Member

too heavy IMHO
for my uses within the HRE line it would be the R40

that being said -- I would go BBS e88 if I bought another set of wheels
I should have never sold my old ones
Old 02-08-2012 | 06:18 PM
Aerokitted
Pro

Are the BBS E88s hard to source? Do they require any additional upkeep over say the street LMs? Thanks, PJS.
Old 02-08-2012 | 06:25 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

not hard to source imho
upkeep -- the polished lip is a pain to keep clean but other than that no real issue... that being said I am not a concours type of cleaner... I wash quickly track days and pay metro detail for a "major" detail once or twice a year depending on need.

I was advised on E88 that if I want to make the polished lip of the e88 easier to keep clean that I should have it clear coated etc...

I drove them on the track and the street with no issue
Old 02-08-2012 | 11:27 PM
lopro
Banned

Originally Posted by Aerokitted
Are the BBS E88s hard to source? Do they require any additional upkeep over say the street LMs? Thanks, PJS.
It is 6600 for the bbs motorsport wheel. In my own personal opinion its an easy choice.

why buy a bbs looking wheel thats not made by bbs. If you want colours get it painted after you buy it. Gold is avalible from HERE

I was told any colour you want. Quick turn around times and bbs quality is second to none. Were talking about the BEST wheels for the same price. Holy grail of wheels
Old 02-09-2012 | 11:30 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

501's are hideous ... P40S conicals are much nicer ...
Old 02-09-2012 | 12:23 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

P40S it is then.
Old 02-09-2012 | 12:44 PM
Aerokitted
Pro

Originally Posted by LonHRE
Keep in mind that the Vintage wheels are not considered lightweight track wheels. If you are looking for a lightweight track wheel offering from HRE, take a look at the R40 Series or C90 Series or CL Series.

For a stylistic wheel, that is what the Vintage Series is about. HRE's brand is top tier and we separate ourselves from BBS in that we offer custom finishes and spec/offsets that are not available from BBS and OZ. Also keep in mind, it is very difficult to get many BBS wheels at the moment due to their source/supply. We currently are averaging 3 week build times.

If you are looking for a lightweight wheel for street/track use, I would recommend the new P40SC Conical Series. We weighted a 20x10 at 22 lbs. Dropping down to 19" would be lighter.
I, again, applaud you guys for making these. I tend to be in the minority, especially in this forum full of track rats, that I lean towards vanity over function when it comes to street wheels. I don't make money racing my GT3, I don't even track it for fun, which dictates then my auto proclivities.

I'm a big fan of the 501s. Well done.

Quick Reply: New HRE wheels just came out and wondering what you guys think of them