Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Craig @ Rennstore owes me $819 or a set of brake pads - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:14 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I've since bought my pads from Clark at Apex Performance or Mark at OG Racing....never ever an issue....
+1 on both stores above
Old 02-01-2012, 12:50 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Customer is always right. End of story
Old 02-01-2012, 12:58 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

i was selling on ebay enough and USPS is way cheaper for international shippings and is reliable enough. but it has to be done at least as priority or express mail with all proper tracking numbers.
customs are unpredictable, so if package was not insured and got lost - it is shipper`s fault. do not be cheap on insurance.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Customer is always right. End of story
Ha! Now that's funny.

You just made me spit out my water.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:30 PM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
i was selling on ebay enough and USPS is way cheaper for international shippings and is reliable enough. but it has to be done at least as priority or express mail with all proper tracking numbers.
customs are unpredictable, so if package was not insured and got lost - it is shipper`s fault. do not be cheap on insurance.
+1
Old 02-01-2012, 04:09 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
Vendors choose to advertise here making this their store and therefore if there is a problem that isn't addressed behind the scenes, then customers are entitled to make a public complaint. Just because a transaction happens behind a screen without face to face contact, it doesn't mean the parties have any less responsibility towards one another!

Had I not spoken out, who knows how many more people would have been burnt! By the same token, had others before me spoken out, then I wouldn't have made the same mistake.

The net is not a face to face interaction where you can make a judgement call on the person you are purchasing from so we need to rely on the openess of fellow members to praise those vendors who do right and out those who don't.
+1
Old 02-01-2012, 04:34 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It was all done in the first place: Priority with tracking number.
And according to a RLer post above, to a country notorious for undelivered packages.

Some customers DO choose insurance, but a huge amount say NO to it.
Funny what USPS says: "Customer must file lost article claim to get reimbursed for lost parcels"

This is a lost package, I shipped another complete set and all should be good.

Somewhere out there somone is bound to sell a found set of 997.1 GT3 pads online in the UAE
Old 02-01-2012, 04:53 PM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Craig, thank you for providing the tracking number for the 2nd shipment

CJ035550357US

Its not available on the USPS site yet, but I am sure that will change over the next hours. All are free to have a look.

However, lets not get carried away about the first shipment - no tracking number was ever provided.

Nor shall we insinuate that somehow I'm at fault here for not demanding insurance or not filing a lost parcel notice with USPS. Kinda hard for me to even begin to think about doing that without a parcel number, customs number, or tracking number. Or even an invoice! So don't go there.

Anyway, lets see.

Last edited by BBMGT3; 02-01-2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: edit
Old 02-01-2012, 05:10 PM
CorsicanBB
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmardini
Craig, thank you for providing the tracking number for the 2nd shipment

CJ035550357US

Its not available on the USPS site yet, but I am sure that will change over the next hours. All are free to have a look.

However, lets not get carried away about the first shipment - no tracking number was ever provided.

Nor shall we insinuate that somehow I'm at fault here for not demanding insurance or not filing a lost parcel notice with USPS. Kinda hard for me to even begin to think about doing that without a parcel number, customs number, or tracking number. So don't go there.

Anyway, lets see.
Hey B, feeling your pain, man!

And for what it is worth to whomever posted about lost / stolen packages being a systematic issue in the UAE, this never happened to me or anyone else I know. The Porsche community in this country has shipped hundreds (probably thousands) of parts, tires, technical books, accessories, etc from the US and other countries over the years and I have never heard anyone ever complain of a lost or stolen shipment. Guys, check your facts before accusing people of stealing stuff, it is too easy...
Old 02-01-2012, 05:19 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is no insinuation, Bashar. I never had you file any claim, although USPS says to and specifically instructed me to do so as per their procedures listed on the USPS site. I am sending you an ALL NEW SET. And I did send you the CP number - twice.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:41 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CorsicanBB
Hey B, feeling your pain, man!

And for what it is worth to whomever posted about lost / stolen packages being a systematic issue in the UAE, this never happened to me or anyone else I know. The Porsche community in this country has shipped hundreds (probably thousands) of parts, tires, technical books, accessories, etc from the US and other countries over the years and I have never heard anyone ever complain of a lost or stolen shipment. Guys, check your facts before accusing people of stealing stuff, it is too easy...
I cannot comment on the UAE situation, but stuff in the mail goes missing a lot in Canada. I have had many eBay purchases get lost in transit, this is after I insist that they ship with a proper tracking number.

I recently sold a punch of parts from my C2S and only used carriers that offered a proper tracking number, with an updated status.

I am sorry to see this situation get to this point, as the pads are expensive, and will likely not be covered by USPS.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
There is no insinuation, Bashar. I never had you file any claim, although USPS says to and specifically instructed me to do so as per their procedures listed on the USPS site. I am sending you an ALL NEW SET. And I did send you the CP number - twice.
+1 for sending a 2nd set at no additional charge! its the right thing to do...

I'd encourage you to post the original tracking # ... that would clear up any nagging doubts ...
Old 02-02-2012, 01:38 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
+1 for sending a 2nd set at no additional charge! its the right thing to do...

I'd encourage you to post the original tracking # ... that would clear up any nagging doubts ...
Yes, I agree, because that would be the first time I receive it too.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:15 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by NorthVan
I cannot comment on the UAE situation, but stuff in the mail goes missing a lot in Canada. I have had many eBay purchases get lost in transit, this is after I insist that they ship with a proper tracking number.

I recently sold a punch of parts from my C2S and only used carriers that offered a proper tracking number, with an updated status.

I am sorry to see this situation get to this point, as the pads are expensive, and will likely not be covered by USPS.
You make an interesting point.

If the first set went out, with a TN, and then I happily watched them online as they went from WA, to Atlanta (usually), then to Frankfurt or London, then to Dubai, and THEN they "vanished", I would not have created this thread. Actually, any solid demonstration that the pads were actually lost in transit and I would not be going after Craig. I would attribute it to bad luck and thats that. Hand on heart. But thats not what happened.

Lets recap shall we?

1st set:

- No invoice
- No Tracking number
- No customs number
- Not much in the way of response or feedback
- No pads.

2nd set:

- This unfortunate thread
- A tracking number (haven't been able to get it to work, can someone assist? Not sure when they actually shipped - on this thread it shows 2 days ago, but my email exchange with Craig suggests yesterday. If it was 2 days ago it should be online by now. If it was yesterday then maybe it takes a full 24 hours..) Am using this site:
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInt...abelInquiry.do
- New invoice (which I assume is enclosed with the pads; I'm sure I'll get an e-copy over the next few days)
- More frequent response; Craig has emailed me a couple of times, and has posted on this thread, and appears to be trying to make this right somehow.

am keeping an open mind.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:22 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
Some customers DO choose insurance, but a huge amount say NO to it.
Funny what USPS says: "Customer must file lost article claim to get reimbursed for lost parcels"
from my limited shipping experience i came to conclusion that it costs much more in the end to make insurance 'optional', it is simpler to add it as an obligatory part of a shipping cost when you deal with USPS.

it is still way cheaper for international shipments than to deal with Fedex/UPS rates.

Quick Reply: Craig @ Rennstore owes me $819 or a set of brake pads - RESOLVED