Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crack open that box
Old 01-17-2012, 03:45 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
I just found the FS thread of Savyboys car, sold 4 weeks ago. Fauk! Everything done already and what a price! God Damnit.
Too bad indeed, from what I read, it would have been a great pairing.

Could try this one. I think it might no longer be for sale, but it fits the bill. Good luck.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:09 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I'm full soft front middle rear..
Peter, you might find this interesting. Watch at least the first two minutes and the last one.

Sorry to bring this back, but it's a good watch nonetheless.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by senna
Yes, they did. how do you know? LOL
rear cage.....step 1

your bank account is fauked
Old 01-17-2012, 05:09 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
Peter, you might find this interesting. Watch at least the first two minutes and the last one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b6uzKsjUyY
Hey my plane has wifi.....anyway that Faust for that video....interesting stuff. So many different opinions around on if springs should be stiff or not and sway settings.

Personally with me and my GTS....which has the Sport version of PASM...I don't want to screw it up but my car leans over way to much in turns and my sways are not adjustable. I'd like adjustable sways if they would help my car but not sure about the shock and springs on my car.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:10 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Izzone
rear cage.....step 1

Senna...you are in trouble!

Izzone love the new avatar...
Old 01-17-2012, 05:11 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

i`ve heard it before, same approach to tune car for corner exit speed - more springs, more front bar. i tried to tune car like this for AX runs, it stopped diving into a sweeper after that and stopped doing slalom well.

but i may assume if you go down that road and you drive on oversteer all the time making rear axle slide it in fact may be way faster on a track as it will not require extremely sharp turns.

still it is an interesting video considering Mike`s opinion on having front sway bar increased when most gt3 owners start with taking off stock rear bar and putting in bigger rear GT2 bar.

just out of curiosity - is there anybody who got TPC spring/sway bar package for gt3? what specs do they set car into?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:13 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
I'd like adjustable sways if they would help my car but not sure about the shock and springs on my car.
sways and springs must be in balance and levitas is right on spot with this subject, but, i am afraid that to fully use setup levitas does for you`ld need to learn to drive like levitas does, first.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Mike from TPC talks about more spring...the you have Gavin and the Ex-tc guy saying softer spring and stiff shock.....then Mike fromTPC says more front bar and less rear bar and others say the optisite....wow confusing huh?

I'm in the air to SoCal for the week. I have a free daY tomorrow and plan on stopping by GMG and RSS to see what they suggest for my car which is different suspension that the gt3's
Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Izzone
rear cage.....step 1

I had a chat with Galvin today, sooo...
Old 01-17-2012, 05:23 PM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

Mike from TPC talks about more spring...the you have Gavin and the Ex-tc guy saying softer spring and stiff shock.....then Mike fromTPC says more front bar and less rear bar and others say the optisite....wow confusing huh?

I'm in the air to SoCal for the week. I have a free daY tomorrow and plan on stopping by GMG and RSS to see what they suggest for my car which is different suspension that the gt3's
+1 im lost. Mine is hoping around in the rear during hard braking which Mike talks about in the video, which I understand can also be due to the LSD. Also understeers into entry and mid corner. Someone give me a definitive answer hahaha
Old 01-17-2012, 05:31 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aero997c2s
+1 im lost. Mine is hoping around in the rear during hard braking which Mike talks about in the video, which I understand can also be due to the LSD. Also understeers into entry and mid corner. Someone give me a definitive answer hahaha
devil is in details of ratio between rate of springs and sway bars setup to work in balance for mid-corner and corner exit with reduced corner entry for which you need to pre-load car during trailbraking. very easy in theory but practical implementation may suck.
Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2012, 05:47 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

did you catch his notion of having to run wider tire in front than in rear? how about that for a change?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:57 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by utkinpol
did you catch his notion of having to run wider tire in front than in rear? how about that for a change?
Well yeah that's a given and easy to understand. On my GTs I'm running stock tires sizes...unlike the Carrera S on 18" and I ran 255/315 sizes. My GTS understears more easily than the Carrera S I had...both cars has same suspension...Sport PASM.

I'd rather run 18" but there is nothing left out there for us guys that drive the car to the track other than Toyo R888...

Since I have 19" wheels for the track I might try 245/35/19 MPSC next time.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b6uzKsjUyY
Different drivers, conditions. I must test settings. I wish I was not so lazy.

Quick Reply: Winterfest Photo's