OT: I am now officially Retired!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 05:55 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Guys,
Just to show you how right you guys are (you are VERY insightful) when we first started bumping heads we ended up in the department heads office. He said "Paul, I KNOW your getting fu@ked but this guy is a new manager and I dont want to mess this up for him. Please try to communicate with this guy and I will make SURE ghe gets off your back." So I lay off going at the guys neck. Then the department head LEAVES, and leaves me hanging. In the mean time Dicky boy gets worse. My direct boss is too much of a wuss to intervene. He kept telling me, "Paul when this is over I want to tell you what happened to me with this guy" We even had a hostile workplace investigation started by the Head Base Civilian, and nothing happened to him. My direct boss the wussy, said in the report direct quote "Its a sad deal, Paul is a very gifted and talented scientist, but Jim is a man of rules"(code for he isnt going by management rules)
So many people failed when their time came up to correct the situation. There isnt anyone including officers who are man enough to stand up when someone is screwing someone, just to flex their manager muscles. Most managers came from the engineering ranks and cant handle conflict. So when some Ex officer comes along they cower. The reason I got in trouble is because I didnt cower. I stood up to the guy immediately. While others watched I got hammered.

Yea like John said this guy would have never made it in a real corp. Real Corps have to make money and they wont let such a overt situation get out of hand. Money would be lost. (it still happens I am sure)
Some lawyer would have stepped in at some point. But such is the Government. Obama does it
why shouldnt this guy

But like some of you have said I have a chance to be VERY successful and come out smelling like a rose. I will just stuff this in this guys face, and I will take advantage. ANd that may be very soon.

But I have to tell you. I am sad for the people left behind. Thats the real sad part of this.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:03 PM
jshudson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck, and I believe it will all work out for the best.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

Congrats - begin enjoying this next phase of your life!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:57 PM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Don't worry Oldguy. Could be a blessing in disguise. You'll definitely make more money running your own shop. I was let go by a bank in 2007 and have done better on my own. God speed!

Last edited by silverboy; 01-15-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-15-2012, 11:42 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I am proud of all you guys who faced hardship and kept working to stay successful. And there are alot of you here!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:59 PM
GreatWhiteNorth
Rennlist Member

Good luck!!! Check out a few books by Robert I Sutton, Phd/ Stanford U prof. You'll love them!!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:16 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,623 Likes on 2,309 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
and micro manageresses have ...... (I gave up after the first five suggestions were too rude)

I sympathise, I'm trying to teach micro managers to let go a bit (I never realised about all their OTHER problems)

Good luck to you Paul and enjoy some amber liquid

R+C
non erecting nipples?
three nipples?
invisible ****?
as you can tell, i am all about PC.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:59 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

it's called '***** envy'. when a woman wants to be the man.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:21 AM
TTurbine
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by silverboy
Don't worry Oldguy. Could be a blessing in disguise. You'll definitely make more money running your own shop. I was let go by a bank in 2007 and have done better on my own. God speed!
I tottaly agree

"But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you"

Karma ( Gods power ) will get that sucker sooner or later.... just keep faith in God and ask him for succes in your prayers

Wish you all the best
Old 01-16-2012, 01:12 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You guys are the best. once a GT3 guy always a GT3 guy, different breed.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sorry to hear about this -
reminds me of what I see almost daily in the IT companies that I have either sold products for or my piers have.
There is no loyalty, no human compassion, no integrity from management these days. It is a dog eat dog world with management changes. I too recently experienced what you are going through.
All I can say is there is light at the end of the tunnel and karma is hell.
Good luck to you.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:51 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yoops
youre right, it happens everyday. It was unusual here, but its becoming like any other place now.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:07 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

congrats OG,

we miss you at OT and P&C....

btw, i've never posted here,

but have you guys seen this American Top Gear video Tanner Foust made of the GT2 RS ? (middle video clip) wtf !! how do you suppose it stacks up vs/ the 458 Italia ?

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...che-911-a.html
Old 01-20-2012, 09:13 AM
The Baron
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldGuy
...........Well I loved working for the Navy warfighter and especially designing tools for the SEALs..............!
Hey OldGuy,

You need to use some of those "cool toys" that you designed for the SEALs on your EXsupervisor !

I know that this type of behavior is immature, immoral, unethical & illegal .... but damn, is it ever satisfying...........in an "old school" kind of way!

Just a thought !
Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 PM
D-Uber Cars
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

OG,
Remembering what happened to your son and now this to you. Keep your head up and take one step at a time to a better situation. You've done it before. Can only get better.

Quick Reply: OT: I am now officially Retired!