Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Congratulations Mooty!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 10:43 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Gents, this one will stay with mooty for a long time..
He will have his jus primae noctis with the 4 and then the little mooties will inherit it.

If you want something from it, aim for the black wheels.
John is (of course) gonna do silver BBSs.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:59 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Congrats on the car! I knew you would find one! Give us the details on it, options, when do you get it, pictures, etc!

Funny how the numbers of the cars work out. My 4.0 is number 497/600, took delivery 12/23. Mooty here has a lower number but is getting his car after mine. Also I saw another car that was delivered about the same time as mine but with a low 400 number.
seth, thx.
the "edition numbers" are not consecutive so i was told.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:00 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Gents, this one will stay with mooty for a long time..
He will have his jus primae noctis with the 4 and then the little mooties will inherit it.

If you want something from it, aim for the black wheels.
John is (of course) gonna do silver BBSs.
yes, silver motorsport BBS 3 piece wheels. as we all know slow911 is now the CEO of BBS motorsport. he owes me a set of those. you know my addy, pls ship them overnight and wrap them with michelin blue slicks.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:09 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i knew you could only hold out for so long... congrats!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:14 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

finally figured out how to do more than one quote.

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
We should start a pool guessing how many GT3's Mooty has now owned or now owns (whichever is greater). Of course he would have to come clean for anyone to win....
at about #12 or 13, i stopped counting. i only buy them in white so this way wife wont know and i can stop counting. they all look the same.

Originally Posted by stevecolletti
How long do you expect to keep her... or is this the last one you'll buy and own?
i always say "forever". but forever means different things to different ppl. i haven't figured out what it means to me.

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
HOLY $$$$!
MOOTY, you crazy!
love your work!
congrats on #12 or #13?
lost count.

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
Mooty you dog! I told you after you sold the last RS ; " just send me $30K before buying the next one, it would save you the heartache of selling in two months" are you going to come for for a loop drive and dinner at St Orres? Congrats man! Now you are the one "living the life" I'm totally J'd
if i ever get a day off that i am not on the race track and my kids are away somewhere and wife stops nagging, i would love to get up the the LOOP. and that St. Orres is wonderful. the russian architecture is amazing!!!

Originally Posted by CWay27
What the F are you going to do with that? I thought you were done with street cars... Just playing with you John, congrats buddy. Now go drive that thing so you have stories to tell us.
i am done with street cars on race track. i still need to find a race car. the stripper retired early after her big win at button willow last year and her supersonic flight over the wire fence of Thunderhill.

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I give him 3 months. Better start drawing straws guys for numbers 1 2 3 etc. Mike
i hope "forever" is longer than that.

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
White with white nipples

Stereo delete again?

Very good spec with black wheels

Delete the decals - enjoy for 1 year - call me
i like nipples of chrome. but reter forced me to paint nipples. he has some strange fetish.... aghast.

i kept stereo this round. i dont use it, but it's better looking than the cheap plastic bin that replaces the radio.

silver wheel was my first choice, but black was cheap for only $300+ and BBS i can get silver. so....

i never liked decals. i figured if you can't tell a 4.0 is a 4.0, well....
Old 01-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I think "forever" is three months for Mooty!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:26 AM
p997s123
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the next chapter!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:33 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE:

it was not easy obtaining this car, and there are PLENTY of UNSCRUPULOUS dealers that have "played" not only me but also many other looooong time porschephiles. the tactics they used such as open bidding, selling from under you, changing price after agreement, suddenly their allocation disappeared, or suddenly their allocation reappeared when i had my friend offer them a higher premium???? pay them under the table for allocation... you name it. i have either direct experience or close 2nd hand experience in my "black book". and the worst offender is CARLSEN PORSCHE by far. i can provide 10s if not 100's of my friends who have had issues with them.... after some game playing with 2010RS (and not just on RS but also on spyder and cayennes games they played with my friends many of whom are here on rennlist), i forgave them and gave them more chances (against the wisdom of other local porsche nuts who had been reamed by them) buying more cars after that, and now another game of RS4.0... this is just too much.... and no, it's not just me complaining. i have a long list of names of ppl complaining to me through PM or emails. oh yes, i am pissed off on may levels. but i rather not get my blood pressure too high right now. so, if you want a car in CA, fletcher jones, michael stead, sonnen to name a few.. stay away from redwood city. i wonder if charlie over at carlsen will ever see this post. i wonder if he, the owner, knows about all the shenanigan that's happening.

on a happier note

i want to publicly thank: mjones, poguemohoine (sp), P Ritter, BerryS, Bill G, Tim C, Dave S. for making this happen. each of them were instrumental in the journey to this car.

oh, in case you are wondering. the car was purchased at MSRP, open spec from schneider nelson porsche in NJ, which i have never done business with. they were professional, courteous, accommodating and most importantly played no games.

Last edited by mooty; 01-12-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:41 AM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Dude!!! Congrats!!! Enjoy it in good health!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:00 AM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll probably get one once I get to 18,500 posts here!

Enjoy!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:12 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the story Mooty, no wonder you are going to keep this one "forever".

Congratulations again.
Cheers,
Old 01-12-2012, 02:00 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE:

it was not easy obtaining this car, and there are PLENTY of UNSCRUPULOUS dealers that have "played" not only me but also many other looooong time porschephiles. the tactics they used such as open bidding, selling from under you, changing price after agreement, suddenly their allocation disappeared, or suddenly their allocation reappeared when i had my friend offer them a higher premium???? pay them under the table for allocation... you name it. i have either direct experience or close 2nd hand experience in my "black book". and the worst offender is CARLSEN PORSCHE by far. i can provide 10s if not 100's of my friends who have had issues with them.... after some game playing with 2010RS (and not just on RS but also on spyder and cayennes games they played with my friends many of whom are here on rennlist), i forgave them and gave them more chances (against the wisdom of other local porsche nuts who had been reamed by them) buying more cars after that, and now another game of RS4.0... this is just too much.... and no, it's not just me complaining. i have a long list of names of ppl complaining to me through PM or emails. oh yes, i am pissed off on may levels. but i rather not get my blood pressure too high right now. so, if you want a car in CA, fletcher jones, michael stead, sonnen to name a few.. stay away from redwood city. i wonder if charlie over at carlsen will ever see this post. i wonder if he, the owner, knows about all the shenanigan that's happening.

on a happier note

i want to publicly thank: mjones, poguemohoine (sp), P Ritter, BerryS, Bill G, Tim C, Dave S. for making this happen. each of them were instrumental in the journey to this car.

oh, in case you are wondering. the car was purchased at MSRP, open spec from an out of state dealer whom i have never done business with. they were professional, courteous, accommodating and most importantly played no games.
John, I knew you could not defraud me.

- Keep the 4.0

- Get a 996 GT3 Cup.

- do yourself a favor and get the freaking Stradale, or push the envelope and get a Scuderia.

-...then slowly and patiently wait for the right 2005 Carrera GT, must have a Black interior...
Old 01-12-2012, 03:38 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

- Keep the 4.0: yes sir

- Get a 996 GT3 Cup: working on it. need to find hiding places

- do yourself a favor and get the freaking Stradale, or push the envelope and get a Scuderia. : unfortunately the wife recognizes fiats. i once told her those are new mid engine porsches. she didn't believe it. now if fiats looked like GT3's, i can get them in white and she wont know.

-...then slowly and patiently wait for the right 2005 Carrera GT, must have a Black interior...: i like that idea. but it's still way $$$ for my wallet.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE:

on a happier note

oh, in case you are wondering. the car was purchased at MSRP, open spec from an out of state dealer whom i have never done business with. they were professional, courteous, accommodating and most importantly played no games.
Your story sounds very similar to my story on finding my 4.0. Went out of state, had a great experience at the dealer who I have never bought anything from before, and I would probably buy something from them in the future to save the hassle with some of the dealers in my area.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:05 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

24 hours, then it will be in my garage.
waiting waiting waiting.

Quick Reply: Congratulations Mooty!!