Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Suggested options for a 2013 991 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 01:45 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

i do not see any point in any speculations... when new cup car will be announced it will be clear which way motorsport department is going to go.
my specualtion is same: factory introduces clear separation in new generation of 911 cars between street cars and sport cars as i cannot call a 'sport car' anything that does not share concept of most basic critical modules and overall aprroach to design with a race tested cup car.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,482 Likes on 2,282 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
i do not see any point in any speculations..
We have nothing better to do, its fun, its human nature, but I see no point in speculating as to our motivations for speculation!

when new cup car will be announced it will be clear which way motorsport department is going to go.
Agreed, and assuming that the GT3/RS platform is some form of homologation of the race cars, there should be *some* similarities

my specualtion is same: factory introduces clear separation in new generation of 911 cars between street cars and sport cars as i cannot call a 'sport car' anything that does not share concept of most basic critical modules and overall aprroach to design with a race tested cup car.
what leads you to such speculation, if anything the existence of the 4.0 RS suggests the opposite ...
Old 01-13-2012, 01:58 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
What's more, I dont think we are really a significant demographic, and as you point out, the cars are going more in the direction of more features not less...
Here, you can just go to 4:10 for the answer. Yeah, it's the BMW guy, but I'm sure that Porsche thinks the same thing. We the forumites might provide a bit of direction, but we "are not a large enough sample". At least they know we're here

Old 01-13-2012, 02:11 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
what leads you to such speculation, if anything the existence of the 4.0 RS suggests the opposite ...
just an observation based on a posted catalog of 991 car parts. time will tell, obviously.
existence of the 4.0 RS only suggests that there is at least 600 people who do not mind to spend $200K on a car that costs $130K.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:38 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The driver aids stuff, like traction control and the ability to go from regular driving mode to "sport mode"; how much weight do these things add to the car?
Old 01-13-2012, 02:52 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TurboTommy
The driver aids stuff, like traction control and the ability to go from regular driving mode to "sport mode"; how much weight do these things add to the car?
cup cars weights about of 2650 lbs as I think, 4.0 RS is claimed to be 2lbs under 3K lbs. so, it totals into 350 lbs of crap, essentially.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:22 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i do not see any point in any speculations... when new cup car will be announced it will be clear which way motorsport department is going to go.

I actually think that they do read what goes on here and in other places to see what customers want.

Things that they picked up from here i would bet:
- shorter gearing versus the mk1 cars
- 4.0 got an ABS that apparently is better with stickier rubber
- rear toe links and some inner monoball stuff
- better aerodynamics \ bigger rsr looking wing)
- wevo engine mounts -> became the active mounts
- more front tire + wider front rims and track (witness 991)
- stiffer springs on each gt3/rs
- cupcar shifter and cables -> 997 better than 996
- rear pccb pads lasting 1/2 as long as fronts ->2010 gets rear ducts
- front rads getting killed -> 2010 gets screens
- etc, etc, etc

My suggestions for the 991 are well known and have been posted before
1) an ABS Track mode switch (this is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
2) better LSD
3) more front spring on the GT cars
4) better track gearing for acceleration
Old 01-14-2012, 01:06 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997gt3north;
My suggestions for the 991 are well known and have been posted before
1) an ABS Track mode switch (this is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
2) better LSD
3) more front spring on the GT cars
4) better track gearing for acceleration
On ABS I would not expect much, they are so under scrutiny by USA regulations that I would never expect to see real race grade ABS system in any street legal car. Potential lawsuits would be devastating. So, we will see.
I would offer a simpler idea - get a cup car as it is, put in some interior, pcm dash from street car and sell her as she is. I would buy such a car.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:03 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cup cars weights about of 2650 lbs as I think, 4.0 RS is claimed to be 2lbs under 3K lbs. so, it totals into 350 lbs of crap, essentially.
Yeah but, 350 lbs includes alot of deleted stuff over and above the driver aides.
I'm just talking about weight associated with the electronic driver aides named by all their usual brand acronyms (suspension damping adjustment, abs, traction control, etc)

Quick Reply: Suggested options for a 2013 991 GT3 RS