Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

4.0 Speed run

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lopro
Nordschleife I was looking on the rs registry recently and you have a nice car. Just wanted to say that and pay my respects.
Grußi und danke!

R+C
Old 01-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurbine
R+C I couldent agree more last year i took a day trip to Stuggart from Dusseldorf Average speed was around 240kmh you guys cant beleive how exhausted i was just from concentration and giving the road my 100% full attention evreytime

If you aren't used to it, averaging 240 kph is very decent progress, getting in and out of two reasonable sized cities and getting gas. You probably passed the site where Mercedes and Auto Union raced each other to set world records between 1936 and 1939.

Its very hard to average more than 270 kph for any reasonable distance as you have to keep stopping for gas. I am resigned to under 50mins tank to tank and look forward to in-flight refuelling( I'm out running most helicopters).

As far as the exhaustion goes, I tend to encourage drivers to adopt a position much more like a WRC rally driver or a NASCAR driver and then use this to demonstrate how to have a relaxed body posture and enhanced car control.

Quick Reply: 4.0 Speed run