Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

4.0 Speed run

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 07:48 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

over here, the slow lane is always the fastest lane.
blockers everywhere in camrys with tissue box and bowling hat on the rear parcel shelf, especially every second thursday when pension cheque hits the streets and the bubble-wrapped camrys hit the shopping centres.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
No problem. He's from Amsterdam and he was wearing a helmet...

At that speed "he might just need it".
Old 01-04-2012, 10:04 PM
lopro
Banned

im sure the helmet is going to do a lot if he runs into a deer. lol

we have some ballsy deer here in northern ontario. They ram your car from the side for fun.
If you stop near where they are hanging out becuase you dont want to have them hit you they will chase you. If you swerve to miss them standing in the road you end up in the ditch. Moose are the worst. I you see one just drive off the road into a tree. it is your only hope.

Autobahn is amazing but from my own personal experence it's not what it used to be.

In canada or driving down south it seems that if your driving a german car people just park in the left lane to spite you. So I pass them as close as possible in right lane as fast as I can with my left middle finger out the window while honking the horn like a drunkin idiot.

im not old but I wonder often how more experience driving makes you less able to drive. Then there are those others who just cant imagine how a person can go 130kms in a car. those who can imagine how to comprehend it. Those who look to save ever dime possible and buy cheep cars. Those whos tie rods about to blow off the car becuase they dont want to do maintenance. those cops who think 105 in 100 zone is waaaay to fast you criminal. those who drive civics faster than me in my porsche, those old people who cut you off and cus you out because your a young inexperienced gaffer whos always in a rush and have no regard for human life. those who do makeup while driving. those who eat subs/ those like me who are jaded now because roads suck and driving on road is totaly bs. now i need a stiff drink just thinking about driving amungs non car people.

im only messing about ~ dont take this too seriously.

Last edited by lopro; 01-06-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:06 PM
512bb
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

That was sweet. I guess it's official, this guy broke the 200 MPH barrier. Great video.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Wink

Originally Posted by lopro
im sure the helmet is going to do a lot if he runs into a deer. lol

we have some ballsy deer here in northern ontario. They ram your car from the side for fun.
If you stop near where they are hanging out becuase you dont want to have them hit you they will chase you. If you swerve to miss them standing in the road you end up in the ditch. Moose are the worst. I you see one just drive off the road into a tree. it is your only hope.

Autobahn is amazing but from my own personal experence it's not what it used to be.

In canada or driving down south it seems that if your driving a german car people just park in the left lane to spite you. So I pass them as close as possible in right lane as fast as I can with my left middle finger out the window while honking the horn like a drunkin idiot.

im not old but I wonder often how more experience driving makes you less able to drive. Then there are those others who just cant imagine how a person can go 130kms in a car. those who can imagine how to comprehend it. Those who look to save ever dime possible and buy cheep cars. Those whos tie rods about to blow off the car becuase they dont want to do maintenance. those cops who think 105 in 100 zone is waaaay to fast you criminal. those who drive civics faster than me in my porsche, those old people who cut you off and cus you out because your a young inexperienced gaffer whos always in a rush and have no regard for human life. those who do makeup while driving. those who eat subs/ those like me who are jaded now because roads suck and driving on road is totaly bs. now i need a stiff drink just thinking about driving amungs non car people.
Maybe two or more...
Old 01-04-2012, 11:58 PM
lopro
Banned

hahha yah I did, im better now
Old 01-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Lopor, easy on the old guy comments! I'm old and I get flipped off all the time when I pass those youngs guys driving on my roads!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,841 Likes on 955 Posts

Said it before and I'll say it again. 95% of the drivers on the road would prefer to be stuffed into a capsule and transported to their destination.....so long as they can read their Blackberry, chat on cell phone, put on makeup, eat an Egg McMuffin, yadda, yadda, yadda....during transport.

On a serious note, driver education and licensing requirements are woefully lacking in this country ( and it sounds like Canada too) compared to places like Germany or Switzerland. Road behavior reflects this.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:18 AM
lopro
Banned

Originally Posted by Nizer
Said it before and I'll say it again. 95% of the drivers on the road would prefer to be stuffed into a capsule and transported to their destination.....so long as they can read their Blackberry, chat on cell phone, put on makeup, eat an Egg McMuffin, yadda, yadda, yadda....during transport.

On a serious note, driver education and licensing requirements are woefully lacking in this country ( and it sounds like Canada too) compared to places like Germany or Switzerland. Road behavior reflects this.
very well written
Old 01-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nizer

..........driver education and licensing requirements are woefully lacking in this country ( and it sounds like Canada too) compared to places like Germany or Switzerland. Road behavior reflects this.
as some round here know, from time to time I find myself coaching folk from North America about driving at speed on the Autobahnen. The major problem to be dealt with has its roots in ****-poor driver education programs; its the lack of appreciation of the need to concentrate on driving ALL THE TIME, not just in between sipping coffee and reading the headlines on the smart phone.

A couple of us have even taken local (German) folk with no awareness of the problems associated with a lack of awareness of what else is going on around them, out at speed in traffic and let them experience what happens when some nong pulls out without looking. They always return from their ride much more thoughtful and resolved to pay more attention in future.

BTW, don't give anybody the digit in Germany, its an instant fine offence.

R+C
PS I admit to avoiding driving in the tri-state area
Old 01-06-2012, 08:37 PM
lopro
Banned

Nordschleife I was looking on the rs registry recently and you have a nice car. Just wanted to say that and pay my respects.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

^ No lopro, he's not goin to invite you over to drive on the autoban, forget it !..........
Old 01-07-2012, 12:31 AM
lopro
Banned

hah
Old 01-07-2012, 06:10 AM
TTurbine
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
as some round here know, from time to time I find myself coaching folk from North America about driving at speed on the Autobahnen. The major problem to be dealt with has its roots in ****-poor driver education programs; its the lack of appreciation of the need to concentrate on driving ALL THE TIME, not just in between sipping coffee and reading the headlines on the smart phone.

A couple of us have even taken local (German) folk with no awareness of the problems associated with a lack of awareness of what else is going on around them, out at speed in traffic and let them experience what happens when some nong pulls out without looking. They always return from their ride much more thoughtful and resolved to pay more attention in future.

BTW, don't give anybody the digit in Germany, its an instant fine offence.

R+C
PS I admit to avoiding driving in the tri-state area

R+C I couldent agree more last year i took a day trip to Stuggart from Dusseldorf Average speed was around 240kmh you guys cant beleive how exhausted i was just from concentration and giving the road my 100% full attention evreytime
Old 01-07-2012, 10:11 AM
lopro
Banned

I imagine, thats a decent rate of speed.

Quick Reply: 4.0 Speed run