Giesha gets a makepver / Izzone comes clean

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012 | 09:03 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by lopro
I was wondering couple of things.

where did you post the pics?

It looks like the pics that trakcar posted of eriks orange car had a setup like this but with a stock center muffler and some j pipe side muffler bypass system. But it appears that the top two holes in the center muffler are not attached to anything. I guess this would be ok??? I assume it is kinda like extra tail pipes?? or did he cut it open and weld the top pieces shut??

did Trakcar have his car at the dyno day with his idea of using the stock pipe and j pipe bypass???
Here is the link to the official thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...d-friends.html

The OEM and the Akrapovic center muffler have 4 connections as on a OEM set up you have the side mufflers and the lower pipes (bypass) connected.

When you eliminate the side mufflers, like on Izzone's, Erik's, and Trakcar, there is no use for the upper inlets, so they must be blocked.

Hope it helps.
Old 01-08-2012 | 10:14 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
They are distracting....LOL
at my local, i watch trucks moving earth, doing work past the barrier fences.
very distracting, yet remotely interesting. must be a habit gained from 'looking ahead' on the street.
Old 01-08-2012 | 10:29 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
...and you got 40 whp more than my Fiat on the same dyno. My Fiat is rated at 510Hp, but wheel HP is a little lower, no wonder it loses 12 secs to the latest Aero Bettle at the Nurburgring:
Old 01-08-2012 | 10:46 PM
lopro
Banned

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Here is the link to the official thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...d-friends.html

The OEM and the Akrapovic center muffler have 4 connections as on a OEM set up you have the side mufflers and the lower pipes (bypass) connected.

When you eliminate the side mufflers, like on Izzone's, Erik's, and Trakcar, there is no use for the upper inlets, so they must be blocked.

Hope it helps.
indeed very helpful, How did IZZONE block off the top two holes on the AKRO?
Old 01-08-2012 | 10:49 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

The block off plates are part of the kit.
Old 01-08-2012 | 11:05 PM
lopro
Banned

thanks. great responce, cheers.

i do wonder if the stock muffler will hold up to the heat if I blocked the top holes off and ran J pipes in place of the side mufflers?

i guess if it doesnt work out, one can scrap it all for the sharkwerks track setup, get a fvd or akro cup setup down the line.

i wonder if trakcars going to make his cup setup with the stock final muffler to test out the heat and sound. I am currious about this

wouldnt the cup style be abit better for the dual purpose car?
I say this simply because down low its quieter/slower/ less tempting to drive fast on roads (less back pressure = less lowdown punch)
but on the other end of the spectrum, when you really need it (on track) exhaust has been uncorked and less back pressure for slightly added power up high in the 5,6-7 k range? Not to mention better sound.

sounds like a recipie for smarter overall exhaust

Last edited by lopro; 01-09-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 01-10-2012 | 04:26 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
...and you got 40 whp more than my Fiat on the same dyno. My Fiat is rated at 510Hp, but wheel HP is a little lower, no wonder it loses 12 secs to the latest Aero Bettle at the Nurburgring:
At least Izzone comes clean!
Unlike a certain Fiat 430 Scud that we will all recognise, full of track patina and Daytona spin cone marks (AND red duct tape!!)

I figure I go do some pulls this morning with my new exhaust setup and whattayouknow who shows up for some more cheating!!

You will not hear it in the video's but my ears are bleeding and the ground was shaking during these 2 basline pulls. BEFORE THE REAL CHEATING STARTS!

The Dyno on the screen looks SLIGHTLY different that the cheater cheat above 466HP and 333TQ WAAAYYYY more then our stock beetles!

I did buy Rad some banana split icecream

Pictures speak for themselves!!
Attached Images      
Old 01-10-2012 | 04:32 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Ha......Rad call me a cheater......the truth comes out

Let me guess....Hoosiers at Winter Fest......thats cheating too
Old 01-10-2012 | 05:37 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
Ha......Rad call me a cheater......the truth comes out

Let me guess....Hoosiers at Winter Fest......thats cheating too
What's next? sequential is cheating? mid-engine is cheating? duct tape is cheating? real carbon fiber instead of the AeroBeetle carbon laid over plastic is cheating? no subframes is cheating? stock monoballs is cheating? pretty is cheating?

Real cheating is your thousands of combined Aero Beetle Sebring laps compared to my few events.

My car is the closest to bone stock compared to the cheater AeroBeetles, everything stock, except headers because they're a weak part in Fiats, and I like a good German set of headers, especially the ones that make a little extra power.
Old 01-10-2012 | 06:02 PM
jenk12m
Banned

well headers however you look at it is cheating. my stock heavy aero beetle doesnt have a chance at winterfest and i havent driven on track since july
Old 01-10-2012 | 06:34 PM
drdrank
Racer

I missed the fine print in the Winterfest handout that says earplugs required due to extreme tweaking of MUFFLERS

muf·fler/ˈməf(ə)lər/
Noun:
1. A scarf or wrap worn around the neck and face for warmth.
2. A part of a motor vehicle's exhaust system, serving to muffle the sound of the vehicle.
Old 01-10-2012 | 07:15 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

My ears are still ringing from eriks car, but bleeding from Rads.
Kris when do you arrive and drive up?
We will be at orbit around 11 at pbir around noon and Sebring 3 or 4.
Old 01-10-2012 | 07:31 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

TRAKCAR,

Nice job outing Rad

Peter
Old 01-10-2012 | 07:36 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

My car is on stock mufflers, and aftermarket headers. The Aero Beetles, well few ones left with stock headers, most of them with complete aftermarket exhaust systems on multiple flavors.

My car is quiet, as it uses a valved muffler, mellow on public roads and when chasing Boxsters/Caymans, rude when bulling Aero Beetles. It throws musics to the Aero Beetles behind, while they throw me coolant, oil and everything else they leak.
Old 01-10-2012 | 07:49 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 85Gold
TRAKCAR,

Nice job outing Rad

Peter
Although I often miss; I aim to please.

Quick Reply: Giesha gets a makepver / Izzone comes clean