Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Back in Black!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 03:35 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 91 Posts

The stripes kind of got a little lost after I had the clear "bra" material on the ENTIRE car. But the yellow headlights and smoked taillights were pretty awesome.
Attached Images    
Old 12-19-2011, 03:39 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
The stripes kind of got a little lost after I had the clear "bra" material on the ENTIRE car. But the yellow headlights and smoked taillights were pretty awesome.
Dude, that is totally hawt! Was it ordered that way?? I thought you meant that you had the same car I'm buying.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 12-19-2011, 03:49 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Cool Matt! Nice to be getting some good history on the car. Thanks!! Bring the cup to RRR and you can drive the RS and I'll take a spin in the cup!
Sorry I meant the black RS in the picture that TCS posted - not the one you bought.
I have sold the cup a while ago. I only have a lowly Boxster Spyder now. (It is actually my favorite street Porsche I have owned though).
Have fun in the RS and have fun blacking it out.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Dude, that is totally hawt! Was it ordered that way?? I thought you meant that you had the same car I'm buying.
I bought the car from SwitchCars. He had the black out stuff done before I bought it. And they wrapped the entire car in clear bra for me - one heck of a job but it was perfectly done!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:52 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sorry I meant the black RS in the picture that TCS posted - not the one you bought.
I have sold the cup a while ago. I only have a lowly Boxster Spyder now. (It is actually my favorite street Porsche I have owned though).
Have fun in the RS and have fun blacking it out.
Heck, just bring the Spyder...I've been wanting to drive one of those too.

Still have the Raptor? How do you like it?
Old 12-19-2011, 04:02 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Heck, just bring the Spyder...I've been wanting to drive one of those too.

Still have the Raptor? How do you like it?
Spyder is a lot of fun on track too. Understeers a bit but still very tossable and fun!

My Raptor is actually not in my possession yet. It should be here in the next 2 weeks or so. I cant wait - should be a fun truck.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:02 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

The adaptive Sport Seats will not fit with the clubsport roll bar.

.1 and .2 bar are pretty much the same. The constructor,Semcon made a few subtle changes im sure between the two but the design and placement are the same.

The GT2 seats fit with clubsport roll bar. All the way back it may touch a little, or maybe not at all with .2 version but either way it is not a big deal.

Since you wish to run adaptive seats for daily use, i think the only route is the tequipment bar.

FWIW, the cost of a set of new Porsche black wheels and a new tequipment bar from Suncoast would be money well spent. When it comes time for resale you can always sell them again to offset the cost and get 50% back.

I know the GT2 seats are a little harder to get in and out for daily use therefore i can see why you do not wish to have them full time.

All the american made roll bars have larger diameter tubing compared to the clubsport thus im not sure if it would help the situation either.....
Old 12-19-2011, 04:06 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Izzone
I will post more tonight
In my mind if you have floor plates installed from the factory, installing the OE Clubsport cage is a no-brainer? Personally I wouldn't even consider anything else?

Edit- just read TCS's seat fitment issue. Oh well...
Old 12-19-2011, 04:10 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Spyder is a lot of fun on track too. Understeers a bit but still very tossable and fun!

My Raptor is actually not in my possession yet. It should be here in the next 2 weeks or so. I cant wait - should be a fun truck.
Pics are a must when you get it!

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
The adaptive Sport Seats will not fit with the clubsport roll bar.

.1 and .2 bar are pretty much the same. The constructor,Semcon made a few subtle changes im sure between the two but the design and placement are the same.

The GT2 seats fit with clubsport roll bar. All the way back it may touch a little, or maybe not at all with .2 version but either way it is not a big deal.

Since you wish to run adaptive seats for daily use, i think the only route is the tequipment bar.

FWIW, the cost of a set of new Porsche black wheels and a new tequipment bar from Suncoast would be money well spent. When it comes time for resale you can always sell them again to offset the cost.

I know the GT2 seats are a little harder to get in and out for daily use therefore i can see why you do not wish to have them full time.

All the american made roll bars have larger diameter tubing compared to the clubsport thus im not sure if it would help the situation.....
Crap! That's what I was thinking. What about the GMG cage? Looks like it is a viable option for these seats.
Originally Posted by savyboy
In my mind if you have floor plates installed from the factory, installing the OE Clubsport cage is a no-brainer? Personally I wouldn't even consider anything else?

Yup, easy sale and no-brainer. But, would be issues as a DD with the seats.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:10 PM
bux996tt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks sinister. I like it.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:15 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by savyboy

I must admit, the Savyboy package is mighty tempting for a car that already has the factory mounts.... I would almost forego the comfort issue of the GT2 seat option....
Old 12-19-2011, 04:18 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bux996tt
Car looks sinister. I like it.
Thanks!
I must admit, the Savyboy package is mighty tempting for a car that already has the factory mounts.... I would almost forego the comfort issue of the GT2 seat option....
Yeah I know. I can remember how bad it sucked though with the seat getting into the bar. Have you looked at the GMG? I looked at the rims at suncoast...at 7k I might just paint them black and worry about it later. Absolute worst case is reselling the painted ones and buying some new orange ones.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:26 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

I looked at the rims at suncoast...at 7k I might just paint them black and worry about it later. Absolute worst case is reselling the painted ones and buying some new orange ones.
excellent point.

Now, all you need to decide is if you want Satin black or Gloss black painted wheels

As to the GT3RS graphics, before you remove them, do you have clear bra over them? If you have good clear bra over them then perhaps keep them and just add black wheels?

if you have no clear bra over them then remove them to make the car look more current and subtle.

The next question is to decide on painting the mirrors and winglets.....

I would avoid adding any .2 or 4.0 graphics on the car.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:44 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

excellent point.

Now, all you need to decide is if you want Satin black or Gloss black painted wheels

As to the GT3RS graphics, before you remove them, do you have clear bra over them? If you have good clear bra over them then perhaps keep them and just add black wheels?

if you have no clear bra over them then remove them to make the car look more current and subtle.

The next question is to decide on painting the mirrors and winglets.....

I would avoid adding any .2 or 4.0 graphics on the car.
Got my dealer checking on the winglets and mirrors. Will reach out to suncoast as well. Woohooo! Man I'm excited after seeing these other blacked out RS's!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:55 PM
JTquint
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally partial to the orange wheels..., adding black paint makes you go slower! lol..., Congrats on the car...!

Quick Reply: Back in Black!!!!