Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Back in Black!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 10:37 PM
sanchezdds
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OP does not have issues at all. I think we all have the same sickness, but it manifest itself differently with some.

I started my journey to a GT3 from an AMG, two M cars, turbo, turbo S and finally ended up with my Gt3. If the OP has issues, then I have the same illness. Well my wife might agree that I am sick in the head.....
Old 12-18-2011, 10:46 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Just use gen 2 club sport, should use same mounts

Did u sign up for pca citrus at roebling in feb, trying to talk the Sebring crew into going
I doubt I can do PCA in Feb. School is grueling and my last semester. After April I will resume spec pinata and some DE's. What is the big difference in the gen 2 and the gen 1 CS? Better design for the seats?
Originally Posted by sanchezdds
The OP does not have issues at all. I think we all have the same sickness, but it manifest itself differently with some.

I started my journey to a GT3 from an AMG, two M cars, turbo, turbo S and finally ended up with my Gt3. If the OP has issues, then I have the same illness. Well my wife might agree that I am sick in the head.....
Yes, my wife thinks I'm nuts. She thought I was nuts for selling the 997.2

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 12-18-2011, 11:23 PM
luv2race
Rennlist Member

Received 440 Likes on 221 Posts

Hey Rog, congrats on the new wheels. I vote for all black with the ghost black but I would get aftermarket wheels and keep the orange wheels for the next owner. I thought someone was selling a set of black OZ's on here recently...Doc somebody.

As for the rollbar....I had the GMG rollbar in my .2 RS ( my first one) and the seats went all the way back with a little clearance. The GMG bar is a bit expensive though really nice.

I just mounted a set of matte black Forgelines with the red centerlock nut on your former .2 RS. I will send you some pictures.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:54 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by luv2race
Hey Rog, congrats on the new wheels. I vote for all black with the ghost black but I would get aftermarket wheels and keep the orange wheels for the next owner. I thought someone was selling a set of black OZ's on here recently...Doc somebody.

As for the rollbar....I had the GMG rollbar in my .2 RS ( my first one) and the seats went all the way back with a little clearance. The GMG bar is a bit expensive though really nice.

I just mounted a set of matte black Forgelines with the red centerlock nut on your former .2 RS. I will send you some pictures.
Thanks!! Sure do miss the 3.8 though. It was completely set up. Wife is still looking at me funny. But, seemed like the thing to do at the time. Yes please or post some pics of that beast! How do the seats work for you. I could go back far enough to drive at comfort, but they do not go all the way back. Had same issue with OEM bar.

I would be interested to know how the GMG mates up to the adaptive sports seats though...they are wider than the GT2 seats.

I thought about going with OZ wheels, but then I would need 2 sets, so I'm not sure yet what to do. I don't want to be changing street rubber for track rubber. Cheapest thing to do is to just paint the wheels, but new owner may want it stock (as you said), so jury is out on that as well.

Thanks again! I know you are loving that gray/red bad boy!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
What is the big difference in the gen 2 and the gen 1 CS? Better design for the seats?
I am not 100% sure if it mountes back further.....but with my seats all the way back they do not touch the bar

Gen 2 bar has no holes in it at the x and provisions for two side bars if the front cage is installed
Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2011, 03:01 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I am not 100% sure if it mountes back further.....but with my seats all the way back they do not touch the bar

Gen 2 bar has no holes in it at the x and provisions for two side bars if the front cage is installed
Nice! Can you post some more pics?
Old 12-19-2011, 03:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

Izzone, MJenk and me all fit in with the OEM CS bar with thinned out seat cushins and tilted back as much as possible. I think Izzone does not even slide his seat back all the way..
Old 12-19-2011, 03:24 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Message sent-

I have a satin black OE Clubsport single-tab rear cage, BK sub bars and Schroth GT3 specific harnesses (2016) available right now, was getting ready to post them. If Roger doesn't want 'em I am going to put them up in the For Sale section
Old 12-19-2011, 03:25 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

Roger, the floor is yours :-)
Old 12-19-2011, 03:25 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Izzone, MJenk and me all fit in with the OEM CS bar with thinned out seat cushins and tilted back as much as possible. I think Izzone does not even slide his seat back all the way..
Yeah, that's what I did with the 3.8. Worked well once I tilted my seat (your suggestion actually). But, these adaptive seats are different animals. Need to see some pics with the right seats. You're a big dude too Peter...that should work for anyone in the 3.8 with the GT2 seats.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:26 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
here is the all black treatment with "ghost" stripe.

( i fell in love with this car in 2008 )
Thats my old car! It was the best looking GT3 I ever owned! I owned it for......3.5 weeks.
Then I traded it on a 997 Cup.
I love my Spyder but I certainly miss the GT3's of all the varieties....

Have fun with that RS you got Roger.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:29 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
Thats my old car! It was the best looking GT3 I ever owned! I owned it for......3.5 weeks.

Cool Matt! Nice to be getting some good history on the car. Thanks!! Bring the cup to RRR and you can drive the RS and I'll take a spin in the cup!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Nice! Can you post some more pics?
I will post more tonight
Attached Images    
Old 12-19-2011, 03:30 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut

Ah dude AND you have a Raptor! I've been looking at those for a new tow vehicle/DD. Post a couple of pics of that bad boy if you can.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:32 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I will post more tonight
Awesome! Thanks! If you can, snap a shot of where it attaches to the floor. That may give me an idea of how it will mate up to the adaptive seats.

Quick Reply: Back in Black!!!!