Florida invades Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Gets expensive quick. For those that haven't hit powerball, I think the 996 is a better track day car. Way lower cost of admission, lots of aftermarket and used part availability, and tons of good bang for the buck track tire choices.
most of folks here want to track a porsche car, not just a best/better economical track car. if one looks for such car it is obviously either spec miata or 3.2L E36 based M3 car.

if you speak of old 3.4L 996 C2 car - i am not sure it is such a great idea to track it with original M96 engine, but, who knows. if you speak of 996 gt3 - it is great car but i think its maintenance will be same if not more than of 997 gt3 car as older cars do suck in more money no matter what.

I have a friend that races a stock m96 engine in h class. 70 k miles and never opened

Those engines get bad press, if they blow it's not a bank account changing event
Old 12-07-2011, 02:52 PM
rsman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did Chris Harris give any indications as to what his further impressions were of the RS4.0 now that he has owned it for a while and how it differentiates itself from the 3.8?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:41 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
I have a friend that races a stock m96 engine in h class. 70 k miles and never opened

Those engines get bad press, if they blow it's not a bank account changing event
I was referring to the 996 GT3, but Randy is helping me make my point. You can go on ebay and find used 996 motors in good shape without having to take out a second mortgage. I'm sure the same can be said for 996 GT3 parts if you know where to look. I tracked the hell out of a 3.6 liter supercharged 996 with zero engine/tranny issues.

Originally Posted by rsman
Did Chris Harris give any indications as to what his further impressions were of the RS4.0 now that he has owned it for a while and how it differentiates itself from the 3.8?
I don't remember him bringing that up, but after speaking to a recent new 4.0 owner, they seemed under impressed when compared to a regular 3.8 RS for the money.

Quick Reply: Florida invades Georgia