Old 10-27-2011, 05:45 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Red face Shark Werks Goes on US Tour with a New, Zany-Colored 2011 GT3 RS

There have been some rather strange rumors circulating this past few days...

We only recently started scouting for the “right” car and out of the blue (pardon the pun) our friends at Isringhausen had just the car for us. In response to, “Hey Geoff, got any crazy color RS’ for sale?” So without further ado please let us introduce the newest addition to the Shark Werks family:

Perhaps seeing those Gulf 917s at Rennsport Reunion IV or maybe due to Larry C. waving his magic Shark-a-fied Blue GT3 in our faces, we sort of got hooked on blue... Apparently as 1 of 4 gulf-themed blue/orange motif 2011 GT3RS, it’s pretty blooming-stacked with options which include, BDCLR 98 ad DZL orange graphics/paint, PCCBs, Noselift, Dynamic Cornering Lights, Full Leather, ZLR Light battery, 619 BlueSharkTeeth, 870 USB, CYW alcantara Sun Visors (what?!), XLG alcantara storage lid w/ logo, XSC Head crests, CMT painted belt passthru, EZD Extended carbon, XSY yellow belts and door pulls, CLA thick alcantara wheel, XYZ alu foot rest, XMJ carbon console, XUB painted head-light nipples and navigation (and other things I forget) so we don’t get lost.

She’s got 21 miles on her so do you really think we’re just going to have her shipped out to California? Heck no! It’s time for a Shark-cation and next Wednesday we will be flying out to Springfield, Illinois and driving the 2229 mile journey (ahem break-in…) all the way back to Northern California. Before we do that you know there’s no way on Earth we’re doing so without a stereo upgrade in the form of the Shark Werks exhaust which the guys at Isringhausen will install for us about 30 seconds after we accept delivery. Sorry, but the stock sound, whilst nice, needs an upgrade for a trip such as this and the folks out there have done this installation a few times before.

This road-trip means we’ll be driving through several states including, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and finally California. Since we’ll be attempting this trip at a “leisurely” pace (hey we’re doing this for SCIENCE and data collection), if anyone wants to meet up for a bite, or give us tips on what to see and where to eat and of course on some good roads or just want a demo along the way let us know and send us an Email to info@sharkwerks.com ! I’m sure we’ll be only to glad to give you a rev or two.

As you can see from the map above we’ll be making a routine pit-stop at our EVOMS chums in Arizona. Now why would we do such a thing? By the time we get there we will have logged 1500+ miles on the motor and be ready to take the stage with our EVOMSit tuning dance. Together with our chums Todd, John, Robert & Ian we'll eke out whatever we can with our exhaust(s) and 91 octane (and 93+). To round things off a few days later we'll rip through the desert back to Shark Werks HQ.

We will attempt to keep you updated along the way with random thoughts (or other drivel!) but there will still be folks at Shark Werks holding down the fort. Ready or not here we come middle America- two dudes and a bright Blue/Orange RS wish us luck!

Finally, we really must mention just how great the entire team at Isringhausen has been to work with. They’ve always been active in the community and even given us Sharks their full support with exhausts and other fun track-aimed parts. What a great group of guys and we have to thank Geoff Jr and Geoff Sr. for making it such a fun, pleasant and exciting experience.

Last edited by sharkster; 10-27-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 AM
1slow911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Living the dream, living the dream
Old 10-27-2011, 09:35 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

WOWSERS!!

Such a cool colour combo!! Enjoy the ride!!... and the trip!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Richie18
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome.

1. I have to thank Alex for forwarding me the install instructions for my new to me Sharwerks Bypass. I am officially a proud owner. The sound is of course amazing. Even after all the build up and expectation it still didn't disappoint.

2. Alex, I'm in Columbia, MO which I can't tell from your Map, but it looks like you might be coming through here. Its straight west 2 hours from St. Louis on I-70. If you guys like beer we have a local brewery that you might be interested in.

It would be awesome to meet the brains behind the madness at Sharkwerks and if possible take a ride in your shiny new Smurf.

Edit: Also just want to give you guys a headsup, the weather is going to be mid-50's to low 60's. Just an FYI, In case you Californians are not used to such weather.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:22 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 587 Posts

Awesome color combo - enjoy!!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:33 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow! very nice acquisition; you guys going all steve mcqueen!
so who get's to ride with steve? james or dan?
Old 10-27-2011, 10:55 AM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 45 Posts

Hey very nice machine Lads! Enjoy!

There are two simple things that set Porsche GT cars apart from the pack:

1) Trackdays
2) Roadtrips

And the fact that both are superb with the same package is an absolute flippin' miracle.

Also, the varying speed and load, as well as the long heat cycles on a roadtrip, is a great way to break in a brand new GT3/RS (just pretend you do not have cruise control on this trip ).

Have Fun!
Doug N

Last edited by DJN; 10-27-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool Alex, that is the one I would have bought for myself, love the color combo. Are you going to fly with a Sharkwerks exhaust bypass in your luggage so you can change it out before the trip back?
Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 AM
9972RS
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

curious as to this color vs. the yellow one at fairfield porsche. The yellow is truely georgeous.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,630 Likes on 2,357 Posts

I HATE HATE HATE HATE YOU!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Congrat Alex !!!
This car is one of my favorite color combos......

+2 on Living the Dream
Old 10-27-2011, 11:53 AM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 9972RS
curious as to this color vs. the yellow one at fairfield porsche. The yellow is truely georgeous.
the yellow is nice enough, but its got nothing on that blue (which also came from Fairfield I think).

gorgeous color - one of my faves for these cars.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:57 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Papa smurf, are we there yet?

Have fun, I've done a few cross country trips ;-)
Look forward following this thread.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:43 PM
JWGT2
Rennlist Member

Oh my...what a beauty! Congrats...gotta get the camera charged up!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

I dig it!

Quick Reply: Shark Werks Goes on US Tour with a New, Zany-Colored 2011 GT3 RS