997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

WTB- "2011" GT3RS - Grey/Red Trim

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011 | 09:22 AM
sanchezdds
Instructor

[QUOTE=senna;8959245]If you are willing to pay MSRP, there are a few cars in FL to choose from. You could probably find the car you are looking for easily on Auto Trader or Cars.com I think. However, after speaking to two guys who recently traded in their cars, dealers are NOT paying even close to MSRP, I mean double digit bellow it!!! PM me and I will give you an example. Maybe I can help you save your money, or maybe I could give you a better idea what these cars are going for. Best Reagrds, SC[/

We all have to make a profit, and they are in the business of selling cars. I will not pay msrp, but willing to pay close to retail price if I find the right pre-owned car. I have checked all available Rs's in the market, and have narrowed my search to only a couple. If you find the right one, with the options, color, miles, condition, cpo,w etc- you sometimes have to seize the moment and pay a little more for it. Like my friend Eduardo said in the prior post.
Old 10-20-2011 | 09:44 AM
senna
Burning Brakes

We all have to make a profit, and they are in the business of selling cars. I will not pay msrp, but willing to pay close to retail price if I find the right pre-owned car. I have checked all available Rs's in the market, and have narrowed my search to only a couple. If you find the right one, with the options, color, miles, condition, cpo,w etc- you sometimes have to seize the moment and pay a little more for it. Like my friend Eduardo said in the prior post.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. If someone is going to trade in, why not sell the car to a fellow member instead of give it to the dealer.
Old 10-20-2011 | 09:58 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Options are worth very little on resale market

If you find one you like between $115k and $125k you ar edoing good

Cars are wholesaling a little less than that

one approach is to open your search up to PCCB cars. Buy the car with PCCB (and pay a littel more). Then remove teh lightweight frisbees and sell. You will come out ahead of buying a steel brake car......and if you track you will eventually want steel
Old 10-20-2011 | 10:01 AM
senna
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Izzone
Options are worth very little on resale market

If you find one you like between $115k and $125k you ar edoing good

Cars are wholesaling a little less than that

one approach is to open your search up to PCCB cars. Buy the car with PCCB (and pay a littel more). Then remove teh lightweight frisbees and sell. You will come out ahead of buying a steel brake car......and if you track you will eventually want steel
Izzone,

I agree with you 100%.
Old 10-20-2011 | 10:29 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

I Bought one less than a month ago, shoot me a PM, I think I can help you, or know someone that will.
Old 10-20-2011 | 10:35 AM
senna
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
I Bought one less than a month ago, shoot me a PM, I think I can help you, or know someone that will.
PM sent.
Old 10-20-2011 | 10:43 AM
sanchezdds
Instructor

Originally Posted by senna
We all have to make a profit, and they are in the business of selling cars. I will not pay msrp, but willing to pay close to retail price if I find the right pre-owned car. I have checked all available Rs's in the market, and have narrowed my search to only a couple. If you find the right one, with the options, color, miles, condition, cpo,w etc- you sometimes have to seize the moment and pay a little more for it. Like my friend Eduardo said in the prior post.
I agree with you. If someone is going to trade in, why not sell the car to a fellow member instead of give it to the dealer.[/QUOTE]

Agree.
Old 10-20-2011 | 10:57 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sanchezdds
I agree with you. If someone is going to trade in, why not sell the car to a fellow member instead of give it to the dealer.
Agree.[/QUOTE]

If you live in a sales tax state, in some cases (not in California) you only pay sales tax on the difference between new car and the trade in... Just sayin... That is one reason that someone may "give" it to the dealer instead of a fellow board member.
Old 10-20-2011 | 01:05 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Agree.
If you live in a sales tax state, in some cases (not in California) you only pay sales tax on the difference between new car and the trade in... Just sayin... That is one reason that someone may "give" it to the dealer instead of a fellow board member.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he could find someone willing to pay just above dealer's offer which would offset the amount you would pay for taxes.
Old 10-20-2011 | 01:13 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

IMHO the buyer needs to pay more than just the tax offset as most of the time trading in is far less hassle

However, if you have a private sale to a rl'er lined up and there is no risk, the by all means, launch the car for trade in and tax coverage and keep it in the family so to speak

I was really only just pointing out a reason that someone would consider "just trading it in"
Old 10-20-2011 | 01:25 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Most of your spec cars will have PCCB.
Shelve them and get steel.
Old 10-20-2011 | 02:11 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
I just saw a '10 RS owned by PCNA that is Grey Black & Red with several thousands miles that Porsche left with our local dealer in Monterey after being displayed at Rennsport IV. It is for sale. Don't know exact price. Suggest you call Lance Gearing at the dealership and inquire:

Porsche of Monterey
1781 Del Monte Boulevard
Seaside, California
Main: 866-681-7801
Sales: 866-681-7801

For some strange reason, PCNA had Monterey put a real carbon fiber hood and rear view mirrors on this car prior to Rennsport. It has a large red stripe down the middle - hood, roof and rear deck lid. Kind of an interesting look! Saludos, Eduardo (Carmel)
I saw this car on display ... it ROCKED ... dont forget it has 10k+ of CF parts on it!!!
Old 10-20-2011 | 10:54 PM
FEKGT3
Instructor

Manhattan Motorcars had one for sale on showroom floor today. Steel brakes was all I noticed. I was busy looking at 3000 mile White GT2 RS and White 2011 Speedster on showroom.
Old 10-24-2011 | 11:52 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by stujelly
Do you have pics? I would be curious to see that grey red combo with hood and strip. Interesting....
Gents: I was able to have someone drop by and take these photos. He didn't get the roof details, but you will get the general idea. Kind of 4.0 Limited Edition look. Saludos, z356 (Carmel)
Attached Images       
Old 10-25-2011 | 12:03 AM
WSH
Rennlist Member

That car--on display at RRIV--was optioned by Porsche to showcase their Tequipment items...mirrors, carbon hood, stripes, etc

wsh

Quick Reply: WTB- "2011" GT3RS - Grey/Red Trim