Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS II Swaybars

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 11:54 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Default RS II Swaybars

I had the right front droplink sway bar fracture ....I did not hit any curbing...It is set one from full soft ....
The frustrating part is that I did not notice any major issues with left turns at midohio and had no idea when it occured on a 3 day weekend
Anyone had a simillar issue with stock swaybars? Any good solutions?

Last edited by malmasri; 10-18-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: corecction.....thx Savy
Old 10-18-2011, 12:05 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/a...p_link_003.jpg
Old 10-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

I have heard that happening

Goto Tarrett
Old 10-18-2011, 12:26 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a "drop-link" not a sway bar. Tarett does make a beefy drop link. This is easily replaced...if you have an air gun to spin the self-locking nut off/onto the top bolt Might want to have your local shop do the swap.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Glock Guru
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
That is a "drop-link" not a sway bar. Tarett does make a beefy drop link. This is easily replaced...if you have an air gun to spin the self-locking nut off/onto the top bolt Might want to have your local shop do the swap.
+1 on the drop link upgrades. Several companies make them; RSS, GMG, Tarett, ect. The O.E. ones are marginal at best for track use.

-Troy
Old 10-18-2011, 12:35 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,658 Likes on 770 Posts

My rear sway bar bracket broke on the 3rd track day. No other problems since.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,620 Likes on 2,351 Posts

I replaced mine with Tarret's ... as stated RSS, GMG, TRG etc all have replacements that are much stronger than OEM... esp for track loads where high lateral G's stress the links
Old 10-18-2011, 01:48 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
I had the right front sway bar fracture ....I did not hit any curbing...It is set one from full soft ....
The frustrating part is that I did not notice any issues with turns at midohio and had no idea when it occured on a 3 day weekend
Anyone had a simillar issue with stock swaybars? Any good solutions?
Easy fix, stiffer drop links. Get Tarett with dust boots and put lots of white lithium greas to avoid freezing.

Question: how could you not noticed a zero front anti-sway bar GT3 RS? the car would become an oversteer monster at the limits.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:12 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by savyboy
Thanks for the correction ...Tarett will go on the car

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Easy fix, stiffer drop links. Get Tarett with dust boots and put lots of white lithium greas to avoid freezing.

Question: how could you not noticed a zero front anti-sway bar GT3 RS? the car would become an oversteer monster at the limits.
it was a DE...not at the limits oversteer was noted and corrected for...it was not that bad
Old 10-18-2011, 04:35 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

i am kinda dissapointed in those droplinks - after 2 seasons teflon inserts in the monoballs are almost destroyed and droplinks were causing a lot of rattle. i took them off and put back stock ones in rear, in front i got them modified a bit with welded on section to make them firmer.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by utkinpol
i am kinda dissapointed in those droplinks - after 2 seasons teflon inserts in the monoballs are almost destroyed and droplinks were causing a lot of rattle. i took them off and put back stock ones in rear, in front i got them modified a bit with welded on section to make them firmer.
two "seasons" doesn't sound that bad for a wear part on track...?
Old 10-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I recall years ago when I had my '99 CS at bedford autodrome playing with the sways ... I put it f: full soft and r: full hard ... now I know how they make all those cars in the movies oversteer like crazy ...

in short, the car was undriveable ... at least for me ... it was fun though ... a bit like being on ice!!!

Old 10-19-2011, 04:27 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
There are not supposed to last forever, they are monoball racing parts.

How often do you grease them? do you put grease on them after a rain drive? do you have dust boots on them?

Mine started to make noise in my Cayman about 2 months ago, but they have been in the car for 2 1/2 years. I just got a new pair of drop links this week from Ira (Tarett Engineering), and will replace them in the next few days.

Strongest drop links I have used by far. Much stronger than the Porsche Motorsports I had in my GT3.

Quick Reply: RS II Swaybars