GT2RS Fatality. Opportunity to Reflect on Safety

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:26 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tuner1
and

Are any of these devices effective in a normal street seat with a 3pt belt? Above it says the Hybrid Pro can be worn in a "stock car" but below it says a harness is required
Sorry for the confusion. I was told the Hybrid Pro did work with three point, then it was clarified to me that only the "R3" works with three point. I went back and corrected my posts as best I could.

I urge any prospective buyer to contact a Safety Solutions dealer and not their HQ
Old 10-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Tim Kay
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuner1
Are any of these devices effective in a normal street seat with a 3pt belt? Above it says the Hybrid Pro can be worn in a "stock car" but below it says a harness is required
I too am looking into the Safety Solutions H&N and by all the info I read the Haybrid needs a minimum 4pt harness whereas the R3 can be used with a 3 point harness (street car)

Not having tried one on, I am leaning towards the SS option over the Hans. I'm hoping a vendor will be at Rennsport next week showing their wares
Old 10-08-2011, 11:32 AM
OGRacing
Addict Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Kay
I too am looking into the Safety Solutions H&N and by all the info I read the Haybrid needs a minimum 4pt harness whereas the R3 can be used with a 3 point harness (street car)

Not having tried one on, I am leaning towards the SS option over the Hans. I'm hoping a vendor will be at Rennsport next week showing their wares
Tim

Before you make a decision on this, you should ask the supplier if any testing has been done with the 3 point belts. If the answer is no, then is that something that you really want to use with 3 point belts. Again I will say if there aren't independent test results available, then think twice before you purchase. If someone says they have results, please let me know. I've been requesting them from our suppliers for years.

Bill
info@ogracing.com

Sparco's Largest Distributor for 28 Years
PFC Distributor for 27 Years
Pagid, Alpinestars, MOMO, OMP, Hawk, Bell, Aim, G-Force, HJC,
HANS, Arai, Simpson, Brey Krause, Longacre, CoolShirt!
Supplying Track Junkies for 34 Years.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor Since 1998

A Veteran Owned Business

Check out our blog!

Old 10-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Tim Kay
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OGRacing
Tim

Before you make a decision on this, you should ask the supplier if any testing has been done with the 3 point belts. If the answer is no, then is that something that you really want to use with 3 point belts. Again I will say if there aren't independent test results available, then think twice before you purchase. If someone says they have results, please let me know. I've been requesting them from our suppliers for years.

Bill
Bill, I completely agree with you. If the R3 properly works with a 3pt then an added bonus. Regardless which H&N restraint I choose my full intention is a 6pt harness system.

Tim

Quick Reply: GT2RS Fatality. Opportunity to Reflect on Safety