Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Just Another 4.0 Delivered

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Glock Guru
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Savyboy congrats on your new 4.0 RS. Mine is not to far behind, it "On Vessel" and has an ETA to the Port of Houston of Oct. 8th.

-Troy
Old 09-29-2011, 04:59 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow congrats Pete! It's going to be fun to see you put it through its paces!

Break-in... Hah.. Seat the rings and go
Old 09-29-2011, 10:44 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Savyboy congrats on your new 4.0 RS. Mine is not to far behind, it "On Vessel" and has an ETA to the Port of Houston of Oct. 8th.

-Troy
Thanks Troy! Mine went from port to dealer in 5 days. That blew my mind as I was expecting minimum of 10. Hopefully yours delivers as quick but more likely you see it after RSR eh?

Originally Posted by sharkster
Wow congrats Pete! It's going to be fun to see you put it through its paces!

Break-in... Hah.. Seat the rings and go
Thanks Alex! Yes indeed. Warm engine, drive with gusto, rinse/repeat

HOD Oct 22/23 RFR is first track event

Playing around a bit yesterday and put it in 6th gear at about 40 mph/1800 rpm. Gentle throttle, pulled away just fine. 3.8 not so happy to do that. Definitely more torque down low.

For being a "street legal race car" it putters around town totally drama-free. Aside from the looks, you could easily use this for your daily grocery getter. "Tractable" is the key word to describe this car.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:55 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Would want to go to RFR just to see your car... If only my kids were older...
Old 09-29-2011, 02:17 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy

Thanks Alex! Yes indeed. Warm engine, drive with gusto, rinse/repeat

Playing around a bit yesterday and put it in 6th gear at about 40 mph/1800 rpm. Gentle throttle, pulled away just fine. 3.8 not so happy to do that. Definitely more torque down low.

For being a "street legal race car" it putters around town totally drama-free. Aside from the looks, you could easily use this for your daily grocery getter. "Tractable" is the key word to describe this car.
That's the only way And what you're saying about the low end sounds right to me. The whole change in stroke etc.. is really tailor made for low end grunt vs high. It'll prolly feel quite V8-ish in a good way!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:19 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Some more comments from my friend during his Euro 4.0 delivery:

"Hockenheim was a lot of fun there are some interesting and tricky corners. Its quite narrow in several places. It was fun for a day. Not as engaging as Spa or NR, but the are huge and have a lot of elevation change. HR is rather flat. But has so nasty off camber bits to keep you on your toes. I had traffic all day, but managed a 1:57.5 on hot Tyres. Which means the cars quick even on PSCs. Today I was drag raced by 3.6 and 3.8 GT3 and RSes. I have to say that much like the 3.9 I didn't see much of a power difference. However, there was a difference. But I suspect most of the power delta is being applied to the aero. So more power, but more drag, but primarily more grip. I pushed the car hard today as there were more low and medium speed corners with plenty of run out (F1 safety levels). Plus it's my last track day, so I didn't need to manage tyre wear. Now that I've beaten the car even harder, I can say that the suspension is good. Again, I'm coming from the 997.1 setup, so I'm likely more impressed by the .2 changes than any special edition tweaks. But even so, the comfort on he street does not yield negative behaviour at he track. I really like the car. It seems just about as fast in a straight line as a lot of turbos. The only Porsche that I couldn't touch was a well driven GT2 RS"
Old 09-29-2011, 03:31 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 611 Posts

Congrats Pete!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
zellamsee
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes, congrats Pete! Please post some additional pics. Hope to see your new "beast" soon.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by excmag
Congrats Pete!!!
Originally Posted by zellamsee
Yes, congrats Pete! Please post some additional pics. Hope to see your new "beast" soon.
Thanks Pete and Pete! More pics in a few days in a separate brake install thread.

On a separate note, I was just thinking of how many folks I know getting a 4.0, who have chosen not to be identified in public There are at least 10 from people who post here but are keeping a low profile. This may actually wind up being the first GT car that is a rare bird and holds its value for longer than five minutes.

One can only hope

Quick Reply: Just Another 4.0 Delivered