Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

how much is a "new" '11 RS worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911
I am a simple man, all I want is A/C and enhanced sound. Though most disagree I like the wart
Like whatever floats your boat homeboy.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911
My dream car is a no option .2 RS
I have one of those
Old 09-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Like whatever floats your boat homeboy.
By that same token, last time I was in Sacramento at the Dealership there the sales manager was trying to tell me that the people who tracked their cars preferred having Sport Chrono. Something like when you turned it on it would "change the behavior and driving characteristics if the handling"... I knew he was blowing smoke up my as. Sometimes I don't like calling people out on their bull5h!t. How these people make money with any integrity at all is beyond me. Guess some sales people can get by for instance by lying to the. customers.

Always thought if I ever had to change careers I would like to sell Porches. That or if ownership in a dealership opportunity arose.I would jump at that chance.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:14 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
I have one of those
I know, stop rubbing it in my face You don't have radio though
Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

By that same token, last time I was in Sacramento at the Dealership there the sales manager was trying to tell me that the people who tracked their cars preferred having Sport Chrono. Something like when you turned it on it would "change the behavior and driving characteristics if the handling"... I knew he was blowing smoke up my as. Sometimes I don't like calling people out on their bull5h!t. How these people make money with any integrity at all is beyond me. Guess some sales people can get by for instance by lying to the. customers.

Always thought if I ever had to change careers I would like to sell Porches. That or if ownership in a dealership opportunity arose.I would jump at that chance.
On a 997 S it does add some change, but I still would never get it

On a GT3 it is an ugly waste of space, no idea why people consider that option. When I wa slooking I woudl not consider a car with it
Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

The regular 911 models don't come with the "Sport" button so you do need the chrono, on the GT models you don't
Old 09-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by Izzone
On a 997 S it does add some change, but I still would never get it

On a GT3 it is an ugly waste of space, no idea why people consider that option. When I wa slooking I woudl not consider a car with it
I'm going to say right now that the Sport Chrono on the 991 looks gooderer than the Sport Chrono on the 997.1/997.2. With saying that I would never get it on the GT3. However I will be getting one on my next 911 Turbo with PDK. I mean come on seriously, more power et al. I imagine the next turbo will be matching the Veyron 0-60 mph. Tested by the magazines at 2.5 seconds.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Turn3 Autosport
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know of one with under 1500 miles that changed hands for less than 120K recently.......
Old 09-22-2011, 10:27 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

[QUOTE=datax;8887822]I'm drooling over most of the PTS colors on that registry. Never thought I would say this but Red is uber HOT! Same with Dolphin. So many Greys and Whites.

agreed - great website
Old 09-26-2011, 12:18 AM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok
What is the factory DZL paint protection?
Why is Sport Chrono plus useful for TT but not GT3
Sorry for NUUUbeee questions
Old 09-26-2011, 02:15 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by dntlvet
ok
What is the factory DZL paint protection?
Why is Sport Chrono plus useful for TT but not GT3
Sorry for NUUUbeee questions
Sport Chrono Plus on a Turbo gives the car MORE POWER for a.short amount of time. Actually I forget if it is from an absolute stop with launch control. Sure someone else can chime in with the exact details...

Quick Reply: how much is a "new" '11 RS worth?