Old 09-22-2011, 03:24 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,629 Likes on 756 Posts

Make them 3 offers:

$115k expiring in 30 days
$110k expiring in 90 days
$105k expiring in 120 days.
Love it. I'm in the process to trade the CL in for new car for wife. I will use that approach
Old 09-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is SuperQuant when you need him exclaiming he needs an RS by the weekend. Think he could easily hook up now on a decent deal. Only to flip it a few months later.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

So this car does not have the unnecessary Sport Chrono Wart?
Old 09-22-2011, 04:09 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
So this car does not have the unnecessary Sport Chrono Wart?
F of Washington car DOES have the useless Chrono
It also does NOT have factory DZL pkg for the paint...said another way, the gray trim and silver wheels are aftermarket repaint (could be a great job, but not original factory and who knows how durable). They are also adamant that the lowest they will go is $137k, and claim they paid over $130k for the car

wsh
Old 09-22-2011, 04:25 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bman
Look who's shopping! And an RS to boot.......hot damn!

Please tell me "your husband needs a GT3 because it's safer on track" worked on your wife. If so, when were you going to thank me ? That's okay, letting me drive it will be thanks enough.

$135 off from $150 sounds pretty good. How's it optioned? PCCB? I hope you're looking for steel. $115 with light miles sounds better......
no clue where do you guys find $135K for new RS car. I see usually local prices like this one - $159K for a regular GT3 car:
http://www.primeporsche.com/new/Pors...8f03a4cccf.htm

I saw that car when stopped there some time ago and when i asked if they will consider lower price they looked at me like I was an insect and responded - this is the only price they will sell it for. what kinda kills any desire to continue a conversation.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by WSH
It also does NOT have factory DZL pkg for the paint...said another way, the gray trim and silver wheels are aftermarket repaint (could be a great job, but not original factory and who knows how durable). They are also adamant that the lowest they will go is $137k, and claim they paid over $130k for the car

wsh
If they paid that much for it then they overpayed.

They can be as adamant about it as they want to be. That won't make me offer them anymore for it. If they brought that point up to me I would offer a dollar over how much they paid. Let them sit on it for a few weeks and let them crack under the pressure. Well really no pressure. Just if they wanted to sell it for cash...
Old 09-22-2011, 04:49 PM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of the Ferrari of Washington car, I don't see it in the regesitry. Was looking for some info on it as well.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:54 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
If they paid that much for it then they overpayed.

They can be as adamant about it as they want to be. That won't make me offer them anymore for it. If they brought that point up to me I would offer a dollar over how much they paid. Let them sit on it for a few weeks and let them crack under the pressure. Well really no pressure. Just if they wanted to sell it for cash...

Well, we all know they paid less than 130k, and will eventually sell it for less than $130k.

P of N Houston has another gray car...well optioned, has been tracked and with aftermarket stereo/Nav. They also believe they have priced the car "at market" at $137k......tick tock

wsh
Old 09-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
Thats why a GT3RS can be had for $120-125K and you pay close to $200K for a 4.0.. Can you "justify" $70K of difference?
I'll make a trip to the department of redundancy department, and state: this is just my opinion.

I'd rather save some coin by buying a used one with 1k miles on it, because when it's already on the dealer lot, and there's a newer model, it's no longer "mmm, mmm, good" and I can't have it "my way."

Bear in mind I'm not in the market for either, nor do I ever anticipate to be. I'm married to mine.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:34 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aero997c2s
Speaking of the Ferrari of Washington car, I don't see it in the regesitry. Was looking for some info on it as well.
Probably, it's not on the registry yet. Link is here, http://www.ferrariofwashington.com/W...3221-used.html

Listing 142 and asking 140. At least to me.

Originally Posted by WSH

wsh
Car is pretty much new tho. Guy kept telling me it's like brand new and everything is original. At first I thought the wheels were painted not by Porsche but I think they are original.

Last edited by datax; 09-22-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:01 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

My dream car is a no option .2 RS, I keep checking these threads and make myself miserable everyday

I've got to stop checking
Old 09-22-2011, 07:16 PM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

^^ Fortunately for you this ones got all the bells and whistles, PCCBS, axle lift, nav, sport chrono... Almost all the 11's have the damn axle lift and I don't want it either.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
my local dealer has offically discounted their remaining '11 RS - from $150k sticker down to $147.5...wheeeeee - but i have heard thru 3rd parties that they've offered to let it go at $135k with still no bites. i'm not sure what the carrying costs are (parent company loan? inventory insurance??) but i'm sure something in the way of carrying expense adds up considering it's been on the lot 6-8+ months now. i'm assuming the discounts will keep coming and it might actually move into my range.

searching new cars via porsche site is annoying - anybody know the discounts on other GT/RS's still languishing on the showrooms out there? what would be a good deal right now?

thanks.
Roughly I'd estimate the car's worth around $124K. But you won't be able to buy it for that.

A good deal right now? Make a serious attempt/offer to buy the car for $130K. How much you want to raise your offer you have to know beforehand. Set your maximum price and if you ain't going to get it walk away.

Be sure that you have notes on other cars for sale and can rattle off which cars are where and are being offered for how much money and so on.

Very clearly let it be known that if this dealer fails to sell you *this* car you will go elsewhere and buy a car. The dealer must believe that if you walk off the lot without buying his car he's losing a sale to another car dealer, vs just suffering a temp sale to you that will happen when you come back later and offer more money.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:51 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by aero997c2s
^^ Fortunately for you this ones got all the bells and whistles, PCCBS, axle lift, nav, sport chrono... Almost all the 11's have the damn axle lift and I don't want it either.
I am a simple man, all I want is A/C and enhanced sound. Though most disagree I like the wart
Old 09-22-2011, 08:44 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by datax
Probably, it's not on the registry yet. Link is here, http://www.ferrariofwashington.com/W...3221-used.html

Listing 142 and asking 140. At least to me.

Car is pretty much new tho. Guy kept telling me it's like brand new and everything is original. At first I thought the wheels were painted not by Porsche but I think they are original.

Trim on FOW car is def aftermarket...salesman confirmed original trim (lips, mirrors, endplates, wheels) were red. I passed

wsh

Quick Reply: how much is a "new" '11 RS worth?