Old 09-14-2011, 05:48 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Red face An exhaust solution that's just a little louder than 92db

The things to do with a MK2 GT3.... Another local MK2 997GT3 came into us for the especially loud the SharkWerks Track Exhaust system. This set up is great at setting off car alarms, vibrating your fillings (or inlays) out and/or for utterly irritating the living daylights out of your significant other.

Up on the lift she goes and the bumper and heat shields are ready to come off:

And getting installed. The side mufflers, tips and center section are all removed and a 57 pound weight saving is yours:

Fits on to the factory mounting points still. And "quietened" a bit via some light-weight (1.75 race mufflers):

Close-ups of the race-style tips:

And balance pipe:

Ready for a test-run:

Not for the feint-hearted and recommended for the race track only vs. daily driving in LA or NY. And of course this thing will absolutely demolish any sound restriction at Laguna Seca

Not very useful but hey... it can do this:

And this:
Old 09-14-2011, 08:39 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

LOL... This thing in NYC? It'll set off car alarms in the whole square block and even those in Jersey!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

I drive mine on the street, sure it's loud....but I like it
Old 09-14-2011, 10:35 PM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 mine is occasionally driven on the street, so far no problems with the fuzz. (knock on wood)
Old 09-15-2011, 12:48 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,301 Likes on 615 Posts

sounds delicious
Old 09-15-2011, 02:45 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
sounds delicious
Hehe thanks mate! It's fun when you're out in the boonies with nobody around, an airfield or race track (that isn't Laguna...) but around town I haven't made too many friends. I'll keep trying
Originally Posted by aero997c2s
+1 mine is occasionally driven on the street, so far no problems with the fuzz. (knock on wood)
The po po has given me thumbs up before but I do _try_ to behave around town when Kermit has been armed with one of these
Originally Posted by Izzone
I drive mine on the street, sure it's loud....but I like it
Glad you like it:P
Originally Posted by CRex
LOL... This thing in NYC? It'll set off car alarms in the whole square block and even those in Jersey!
Hehe I know! I think my record was in the Nvidia car park one afternoon. I believe it was at least 15 cars
Old 09-17-2011, 10:55 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

For those of you that drive it on the street, is it just loud, or is there constant droning when cruising down the highway? If you turn the radio up, can you still hear your radio when driving on the street.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:17 PM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

It does have some drone. If you're going to be street driving consistently, then I'd go with the bypass.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:01 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bmwtye
For those of you that drive it on the street, is it just loud, or is there constant droning when cruising down the highway? If you turn the radio up, can you still hear your radio when driving on the street.
It depends on the RPMs you sit at but I'd honestly just do the street/bypass version on a street car in California The cops won't like you very much otherwise...
Old 09-26-2011, 03:06 PM
HaSSounGT3
Track Day

I must say the track exhaust is awesome! My whole neighborhood sends a big thank you to Sharkwerks (sarcasm). James did a fantastic job on the install. Very very clean work...

The car screams and turns heads EVERYWHERE. The noise level is LOUD, but it isn't too bad in my opinion. Best sounding car on the road for sure! Believe it or not my girlfriend LOVES it. She got used to it right away. It took me about 3 days to get used to it. To be honest, it's the resonance/vibration that gets annoying, not the sound. It will resonate! There is a sweet spot right at 72MPH in 5th Gear with NO NOISE OR RESONANCE... Good for highway drives.

I did notice some minor low end power/torque loss combined with a loss in throttle response/sharpness. Seems like the back pressure loss affected the throttle response a bit. I'm sure the software can address this... It ABSOLUTELY gained some power up top. It feels like it just breathes soooo easily now. IMHO This setup definitely needs software (something Sharkwerks obviously already recommended)

I don't know if this is due to the weight loss or power gain (or both); but for the first time ever it's breaking the wheels loose from a 1st gear roll. I LOVE THAT.

I will definitely be purchasing some sort of center bypass soon and just switching between the two setups when I get bored of one or the other (or when my ear drums can't handle the track setup). I love the fact that I have a couple different exhaust options available to me now.

I had a Sharkwerks bypass on my 07 GT3 and like most people would say; It's perfect for the street. Perfect sound with NO reonance. If you've heard the bypass in person but want something a lot louder with a more throaty and almost obnoxious sound get the track exhaust. I will update with more opinions after I do the software...
Old 09-26-2011, 04:42 PM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Fred's PetMako now belongs to my buddy who lives in Brooklyn. He's in the city all the time with it!!!

Quick Reply: An exhaust solution that's just a little louder than 92db