Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

...I think I have a problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 04:56 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,003 Likes on 375 Posts

For the track junkies who have tracked the MPSC's: how many DE's are they usually good for? I have 2 events on mine and have about 3/32's left. I figure they will be mostly gone after Saturday at AAA. 3 days? Is that all?? I think I might need to rob a Michelin warehouse if so.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:04 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bman
It's incredible! I know turbo'd cars don't have as strong a fan base among track junkies but I decided on the GT2 because the deal was too good to pass up....compared to a .2 RS. $90,000 in depreciation for the GT2 vs $25,000 for a used RS. I was really grinding my guts over it because I was only interested in a car for the track, not the street. In the end, I couldn't pass on the great deals for the '08 GT2's.

No regrets! It's an absolute blast to drive and has helped me improve my driving.

Mike Levitas, TPC , has been helping me setup the car. We've changed the spring rate, re-ramped & pack the diff and modified the turbos. He modify the tune so the boost is very manageable for the track. He also sets the chassis pretty tight, which can be frustrating in low speed corners, but it puts down power incredibly well. Cheater car for sure

I've been following your CUP progress.....damn you! Stop talking about it, please!
lol

Great feedback on the GT2. I am interested in the GT2 for the same reason - great bang for the buck. I should never have sold my street RS. I am looking for a street GT car now to drive on the track on days that I am tired of loading and unloading the Cup.

Once you find the right shop that does not rob you blind as far as labor cost then owing a Cup is a very reasonable feat. So far I spend very little on the Cup compare with my RS for the first 6 months ownership. Will give a full "Cup experience" feedback at end of year. So far it is one hell of a ride!!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:23 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikymu
lol

Great feedback on the GT2. I am interested in the GT2 for the same reason - great bang for the buck. I should never have sold my street RS. I am looking for a street GT car now to drive on the track on days that I am tired of loading and unloading the Cup.

Once you find the right shop that does not rob you blind as far as labor cost then owing a Cup is a very reasonable feat. So far I spend very little on the Cup compare with my RS for the first 6 months ownership. Will give a full "Cup experience" feedback at end of year. So far it is one hell of a ride!!
GT2's can be as fast as a Cup if driven properly, and no, not with tons of power, with just a tune and exhaust; the ultimate cheater car. I should never sold my car
Most of people are scared about the turbo and torque, I just love it, and the car is so controllable and if tuned properly and with the right set up is an amazing car.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:32 PM
tripleblack
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bman
It's incredible!

No regrets! It's an absolute blast to drive and has helped me improve my driving.

Mike Levitas, TPC , has been helping me setup the car. We've changed the spring rate, re-ramped & pack the diff and modified the turbos. He modify the tune so the boost is very manageable for the track. He also sets the chassis pretty tight, which can be frustrating in low speed corners, but it puts down power incredibly well. Cheater car for sure
Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
GT2's can be as fast as a Cup if driven properly, and no, not with tons of power, with just a tune and exhaust; the ultimate cheater car. I should never sold my car
Most of people are scared about the turbo and torque, I just love it, and the car is so controllable and if tuned properly and with the right set up is an amazing car.
+1. They are a blast to drive. And fairly quick too...

Quick Reply: ...I think I have a problem...