A few laps on VIRs N Course

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default A few laps on VIRs N Course

See vid:

The more I drive this car the more I'm falling for it.

Seriously I was just relaxing and wasn't pushing hard. Checked the vid and most every lap is a 40 or 41 in traffic. Awesome CAR!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:01 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for some REAL entertainment today.
glad you ain't selling the car.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

My pleasure
Old 09-01-2011, 11:50 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Fritz,

That is awesome! Really nice vids. What camera are you using btw? I just ordered the traqdash with the chase cam, but everyone says to change the lens to get a closer picture.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:23 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,624 Likes on 754 Posts

Nice driving! No data :-(? Who knew there was a right turn right before the Esses !
Looks like a fun configuration.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:10 AM
karmx7
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet vid Fritz, nice for you to have the "standard" soundtrack on this one. What's the deal with the cupholder extended, did you loose your mug or are you trying to shift around some of the weight in the car?

Keith
Old 09-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Greek
Fritz,

That is awesome! Really nice vids. What camera are you using btw? I just ordered the traqdash with the chase cam, but everyone says to change the lens to get a closer picture.
GOPRO camera which is super easy to use but for 200 there are probably better overall options but for simple minded non gadget folks like me it's very cool.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Nice driving! No data :-(? Who knew there was a right turn right before the Esses !
Looks like a fun configuration.
Super fun track, you'd love that up hill right hander (big slide) and then the blind left following it is also cool (little slide or big if you want to blow the next turn but have some fun hehe).

I really need to get this track data working but as mentioned I'm not a gadget person but from seat of the pants there's time if I:
Brake a little later into t1
Use 2nd gear in 1, 4 and possible the up hill right hander (t7 I think)
Use 3rd through hogs pen

So basically if I time trial it I'll be a little harder on the car but as is there's not much time to be found w/ those changes and the car doesn't want or need an *** raping every lap

Originally Posted by karmx7
Sweet vid Fritz, nice for you to have the "standard" soundtrack on this one. What's the deal with the cupholder extended, did you loose your mug or are you trying to shift around some of the weight in the car?

Keith
Drove to McDs for the $1 menu because my tire budget doesn't allow for expensive track side catering hehe and needed a slot for my sweet tea.

I drove my little green frog all over the place that weekend and got some crazy looks

Thanks for the compliments fellas and again this car is truly a keeper.

May even be a 39 lap if you start the clock at the bridge when I'm following the v6 e30 m3 w/ the big wing (bad *** car btw).

Trending Topics

Old 09-02-2011, 11:38 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I gave up on GoPro. Everytime I would try to set it up, I would 17 facial pictures, and 2-3 10 sec videos of my nostrils before I found the track vid....
Old 09-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Rev_2_8k
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gave up on GoPro. Everytime I would try to set it up, I would 17 facial pictures, and 2-3 10 sec videos of my nostrils before I found the track vid....
It's tough, for such a simple device they made it non user friendly. For $200, however, it gives great 1080p vids.

I have one of the original HD go pros, I hear there will be a back lit LCD feature soon... time to pick up a second for track driving.

This should solve that pic and short vid crap, when trying to figure if it's recording
Old 09-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Again I love the simplicity. Push a button and BOOM you're recording. I'm not sure about the older versions but the current one has a light that blinks continuously while it's recording so you know it's recording. When you pit you simply hit the button again and it stops recording and the video count moves up one. Then you hold the front button in for a bit and it blinks several times in a row and you know it's shut off.

Go back out again hit the on button and a couple of minutes before you leave the pit hit the record button EASY PEEZEE

PS I will admit it took me a weekend or two to get the hang of it because I can go into panic mode and I recall deleting some vids by accident but once you understand how it works it truly is super easy to use.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Love VIR North. We first tested the GS and ST BMWs there which I think is awesome for testing.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Love VIR North. We first tested the GS and ST BMWs there which I think is awesome for testing.
Yep, I love it, it's like a drive through the mountains.

Tons of elevation (sometimes abrupt t7), off camber, bumps etc.... if your car performs on the N course it should be ready for anything
Old 09-03-2011, 04:17 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great video and great fun. Glad to see she is loving u back
Old 09-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikymu
Great video and great fun. Glad to see she is loving u back
Thanks Mike and I've enjoyed your cup car adventures I can only imagine how fun it must be to track one of those rascals
Old 09-04-2011, 12:49 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fun vid - what tires are you on?

I'm not sure if gearing is much different on 997s vs 996s but second makes you shift as you're loaded up making your way to turn 2 - not the best place to have to shift. I'd also be a bit more aggressive through 5-5a and 17-17a - these cars have amazing grip through there.

Quick Reply: A few laps on VIRs N Course