Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Purchase sight unseen from a dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 10:23 AM
gharold
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

David,

I saw the car that you are purchasing the other day. I was there looking at a 10 GT3. Because the car was sold I did not look too close but if you have questions or need someone to take a look let me know. The one thing that I did notice was that the front spoiler was pretty scraped up. Let me know. Thanks, Greg.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:08 AM
David Schacht
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gharold
David,

I saw the car that you are purchasing the other day. I was there looking at a 10 GT3. Because the car was sold I did not look too close but if you have questions or need someone to take a look let me know. The one thing that I did notice was that the front spoiler was pretty scraped up. Let me know. Thanks, Greg.
Thanks, Greg. You have a PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first thing that should be replaced or fixed when the car is up for sale is the darn front spoiler.

I see it at so many dealers, even Beverly Hills. It's crazy they don't want to spend the money, even at wholesale, to rectify a cosmetic part that takes like 10 minutes at the most to replace. Especially on a car that is approaching $100K and will net them $15K or more profit. It's borderline chincie...
Old 08-30-2011, 11:47 AM
David Schacht
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
The first thing that should be replaced or fixed when the car is up for sale is the darn front spoiler.

I see it at so many dealers, even Beverly Hills. It's crazy they don't want to spend the money, even at wholesale, to rectify a cosmetic part that takes like 10 minutes at the most to replace. Especially on a car that is approaching $100K and will net them $15K or more profit. It's borderline chincie...
Given the way that I worded my contingent offer, "exterior to be free of dents, dings scratches and rust", their lack of discolsure on this is a mis-represention. Intentional or not, things like this lead to some level of disappointment. I will be making a trip to see this car in person before closing the deal. With the help of fellow RL member, I will hopefully know and resolve any issues like this prior to making the trip. Thanks for your kind offer, Greg!
Old 09-02-2011, 03:43 PM
msrst47
AutoX

I just happened upon this thread. I saw the car there about a week ago while I was having my Cayenne Serviced. Looked to be in great shape except for the front spolier lip. I have been toying around with the idea of picking up a 2008 RS for a few months now (getting tired of my Ferrari F355 and the astronomical service bills). If you don't mind, what was your offer as I am trying to get a guague on the market. I only want a 2008 b/c of the low production #'s and I am 99% certain that I want PCCB so this car would be a very fair comparison for me. If you don't want to list it in the thread (completely understandable) you can send me a PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:22 AM
David Schacht
Instructor

Well guys, I made the trip and closed the deal. Here is the car: http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/2008GT3RS/vin/2262.htm
Other than some minor curb rash on one wheel and front lip scrapes, the car was perfect. The dealer made a price concession on the two items without reservation.

The prior owner found me because of this thread and I had the pleaseure of speaking with him yesterday. He confirmed my due diligence on the car. This deal came together perfectly. I got the benefit of CPO with all the info and background of dealing directly with the prior owner.

My baby should be delivered tomorrow or monday. I will get som pics posted soon.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:45 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

nice work. love the orange.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Ritesh
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You r buying from a top tier Porsche dealer! If u can't trust them then who can u trust?

Btw...I bought my GT3 on EBay sight unseen from a Chicago dealer.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:18 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Nice. Congratulations

Quick Reply: Purchase sight unseen from a dealer?