Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

19" Forgeline GA3R centerlocks are here

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:08 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

This sounds like the most painful, least fun wheel purchase I have ever seen. Way too much technical data going on.

Me: I need wheels for a GT3
CCW: Ok. I can make a set for you. Perfect fit and has been tested with all tires.
Me: Ok.

Then I went and bought Randy's set as that came up sooner at a better price.

Shopping for new bling should be a good time
Old 08-06-2011, 09:44 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

deputydog, I totally agree...I'm frustrated with this...through out the many emails with the dealer I would be buying the Forgeline from and a few from Forgeline I have received something like 5 different suggestions of offsets for these wheels and contradictions on what size Forgeline makes and doesn't make. I am seriously confused right now.

The easy and cheap route would be for me to buy the OZ Ultra's HLT Cast from Damon at Tire Rack and I do like the look of the OZ wheels. However for $800 more I can get Forgelines which I'm thinking I like the looks of better, they are forged and a true race wheel.

I have to get the offset correct the 1st time...I would go freakin' balistic ( I know my personality) if my wheels showed up wrong like Masmole's on this forum did. I was about to call up and order Forgeline's but when I saw how his wheels did not fit properly I put my credit card back in my wallet.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:19 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
This sounds like the most painful, least fun wheel purchase I have ever seen.

Surely, I take that prize!!! Don't I?

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...xperience.html
Old 08-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Forgeline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Greek
Dave,

Please put an end to all this speculation. I am ready to order a set, but have been waiting for accurate info in this thread. Masmole, hope you get your wheel issue worked out....
In 18" I would recommend our 18x9 +49 fitment in which we have never had a fitment issue with and you can run any tire.

In 19" you need to be a little more selective. If you want to be able to run any tire including the Hoosier, I would get the 19x8.5 +53 fitment. If you are going to run a Michelin or Toyo only and you want that "maximum fit" the 19x9 +51 fitment is good.

Masmole- we are changing your order to +53

President
Forgeline Motorsports
3522 Kettering Blvd.
Dayton, Ohio 45439

http://www.forgeline.com

Facebook Post
Old 08-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Forgeline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
deputydog, I totally agree...I'm frustrated with this...through out the many emails with the dealer I would be buying the Forgeline from and a few from Forgeline I have received something like 5 different suggestions of offsets for these wheels and contradictions on what size Forgeline makes and doesn't make. I am seriously confused right now.

The easy and cheap route would be for me to buy the OZ Ultra's HLT Cast from Damon at Tire Rack and I do like the look of the OZ wheels. However for $800 more I can get Forgelines which I'm thinking I like the looks of better, they are forged and a true race wheel.

I have to get the offset correct the 1st time...I would go freakin' balistic ( I know my personality) if my wheels showed up wrong like Masmole's on this forum did. I was about to call up and order Forgeline's but when I saw how his wheels did not fit properly I put my credit card back in my wallet.
Mike - Forgeline always strives to make the best fitment possible on every vehicle. Generally, our street and track Porsche fitments are spot on. For the GT3, our 18" fitment has been trouble free from the beginning, but obviously we could have done better with the 19". That is why I brought the car back in to check out all the different variables and possibilities. I am sorry this has been a painful process for some, but I hope the information I have provided will help with wheel purchases (regardless of brand) in the future.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:54 AM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Forgeline
Masmole- we are changing your order to +53
Thanks for the update! I feel much better now... I've had zero issues with hoosiers on the stock wheels with the stock offsets so far.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:11 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox

Ok. You win!
Old 08-06-2011, 12:28 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Yeah that takes the prize!

I totally trust Forgeline and there business....it's just between the dealer and the manufacture I've received many conradicting answers on offset and sizes.

However Dave from Forgeline has just about cleared everything up.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:45 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Agreed! And at least they are test fitting to ensure their product is right in the end without grinding stunts nor 6+ month waits like my experience... It would seem that they are definitely interested in doing right by customers
Old 08-06-2011, 01:37 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Agreed! And at least they are test fitting to ensure their product is right in the end without grinding stunts nor 6+ month waits like my experience... It would seem that they are definitely interested in doing right by customers
Yup, like I said in the beginning of this thread, Forgeline has been great to work with. Despite all the confusion and issues, I'd be happy to buy wheels from them again. Clearing things up on a public internet forum can be tricky because we are generally a tough crowd to please. But between the test fittings, photos provided, good communcation, and genuine interest in providing us with good fitments specific to tire brands, Forgeline has earned my trust and I'd definitely recommend them to friends.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:27 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

To accomodate more size in the front, as anyone considered RS wider fender extensions? Is it possible?
Old 08-06-2011, 03:59 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by The Greek
To accomodate more size in the front, as anyone considered RS wider fender extensions? Is it possible?
Good question... Maybe start a new thread for this? If you did this the stock wheels would look way inset in the wheel well. I know997.2RS wheels are offset et47 on 9x19
Old 08-06-2011, 04:35 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

I wouldnt see how it would be hard. Only pieces you need is fender add ons, and different side markers. Totally solves the problem, and you get to have a 19x9 in front.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:58 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

I suspect you'd still have to get a body shop to cut the fenders as well, because even with the fender add-on, the metal edge of the original fender would still be there to contact the tires under heavy compression.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:26 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by masmole
I suspect you'd still have to get a body shop to cut the fenders as well, because even with the fender add-on, the metal edge of the original fender would still be there to contact the tires under heavy compression.
Yep I stopped by the dealer to look at these on a RS and also the inner fender liner would have to be changed out too it seems like.

Quick Reply: 19" Forgeline GA3R centerlocks are here