Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Heat Check: Matte Wrap w/ Red Accents?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 08:54 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2race
Just curious how your wrap is holding up? Also it looks like you decided on a darker grey than your initial picture. Really looks great.
The satin wrap's softer than regular Xpel stuff. Definitely more prone to stone tears in high-impact areas (I developed one above the front license plate after a very spirited drive). Cleaning can be an issue too--the matt surface is porous and requires extra care, particularly with track crud and bug stains.

Net net I may have to replace the front bumper wrap every 9-12 months given my type of usage. I'm happy with the results.

Originally Posted by CWay27
^If I'm not mistaken, the xpel satin wrap is actually clear film that makes your original car paint in satin finish. I guess the car in the first pic had a matte colored wrap versus clear satin wrap.
Correct. Xpel is colorless (well, opaque) and slightly lightens the base color of the car. First pic is probably something else, like vinyl...
Old 11-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Aerokitted
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a huge fan of how jenk did up his 3. Gray with black trimming, including the spoiler uprights, with no stickers. What's not as noticeable is that he also gloss blacked out the steering wheel. Looks outright nasty (in a good way).

Matte... not a fan, but hey, it'd turn my head.

Love that this dude got the Techart roof spoiler - mine's getting installed atm. fitment is great and really gives it that 993 look. subtle, but noticeable to those who care about these types of details. nice.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:06 AM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love what you have done there mate. nice work. Looks ace, im just wondering how you cut the edges without scratching the paint with the blade???? ive wanted to do this but worried about the install
Old 11-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice!!

Quick Reply: Heat Check: Matte Wrap w/ Red Accents?