Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

car transport companies

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 12:34 PM
sandwood
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car transport companies

I figure people in this forum may have more experience with this - can anyone make any recommendations for cross country enclosed transport? I was going to use Intercity but they won't have another truck in the area (WA) for 3 weeks.

Much appreciated....
Old 06-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,596 Likes on 2,340 Posts

I was going to recommend intercity!!!

regardless; you want enclosed *and* upper deck shipping (both of which are usually extra)
Old 06-28-2011, 12:53 PM
jeepnee driver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sandwood
I figure people in this forum may have more experience with this - can anyone make any recommendations for cross country enclosed transport? I was going to use Intercity but they won't have another truck in the area (WA) for 3 weeks.

Much appreciated....
I moved from WA and used these guys- http://www.highendtransport.com/
Old 06-28-2011, 01:36 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.gt-ms.com
Ken Gold (he is a p-car guy) is the owner
He was reccomended to me by the guys at Ruf Dallas (now RAC) and the service was great.
payment over the phone, car was picked up and delivered quickly and getting a car to Seattle is not easy as it seems many do not want to come here.

I would use GT-MS again based on my experience. It was easy.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

I've used Intercity and they are very good but as you point out they sometimes have trouble moving cars quickly.

One word of advice: GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING AHEAD OF TIME. There are a lot of guys out there that tell a great story and seem trustworthy but in the end will burn you. This just happened to me. Had a verbal quote confirmed multiple times by a shop that transports race cars as part of their regular business. They'd always been straight up with me on shop work in the past so I didn't worry about getting the transport quote in writing. Big mistake. When I got the bill post-transport it was 40% more than quote. Pulled the "I never said that" card when I went back to them on it. Caveat emptor.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:03 PM
sandwood
Instructor

transport co's seem a pretty scary lot. I hope Plycar are good bc that's who I'm using. Got price in writing, same truck pickup to dropoff, enclosed transport. Had a truck available to pick the car up tomorrow, which was key. Thanks for the tips all.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:26 PM
zweebach
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Even though it sounds like the OP has found a transport company, I'll chime in with what I know. I used Thomas Sunday Auto Transport (http://www.sundayautotransport.com/) and was quite happy with them. They were not the cheapest of the placest I called; infact, they were the most expensive, but they were able to work my car in within less than a week due to a cancellation in the same area. I originally had scheduled Intercity Lines, but as many have noticed, experienced quite a delay in getting the car picked up. The folks at Sunday Auto Transport were friendly and and seemed more organized than other companies I called.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:30 PM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 216 Posts

FEDEX delivered my GT3 to me in LA from Austin. Top notch service, very professional, car was perfect and unloaded perfect.

Quick Reply: car transport companies