Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Front Axle Lift on an RS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 10:46 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Front Axle Lift on an RS?

For those of you that have the front axle lift? How much does it help? How do you like it? Would you get it again? Are there any negatives to it other then the extra weight performance wise?
Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-17-2011, 10:58 AM
brim
Rennlist Member

I didn't have it on my '10 GT3, but have it now on my '11 RS. I've read the weight increase and performance impact is minimal. I really like it, but it could just be the novelty of having it in the car

Others have mentioned that for the price you can buy a whole bunch of lower splitters (RS or CUP) and I only found I needed to replace them on my '10 about every 3000-5000 miles (unless you got a nasty snag on a driveway).

I like it and would do it again if for no other reason that I can get it on/off the trailer without having to remove the lip.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:08 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Off topic, but is your car Riviera Blue?? Wow! Beautiful color!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:48 AM
RAPID
Racer

I have it, can't say it is an issue with tracking (I am not that good that I can notice the weight difference)...It is incredibly useful in Holland where you have slipping policemen everywhere. I would definitely have it again, although I hope Porsche makes it a little smoother to operate (on/off switching, and funny noises when taking a turn with the lift "on").
Old 06-17-2011, 11:52 AM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

I like it on my RS. I thought I would need it to get in and out of my driveway, but turns out I don't. A few times I have scraped when I forgot to use it. I think it really depends on where you live and how much you will be using the car for daily driving.

brim: that's the beverly hills car! They said someone from Seattle had bought it. When I was shopping a car I saw it there in person and the blue is amazing. I literally thought about that car for days after seeing it, but at the time I a) felt it was out of my price range and b) wasn't sure about the red and didn't want to deal with repainting. In the end I spent about as much on the green one, which had been my number one choice (mex or riv blue #2).

Congrats - that is a beautiful car.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:01 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

I've got it as well. Totally worth it. First, it makes getting on the trailer much easier and secondly for driveways, speedbumps and the like it means the difference between preserving the splitter and not.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:32 AM
brim
Rennlist Member

OT: yes, it is Riviera blue and was the car from BH Porsche. I was really conflicted as well and swore to get rid of the red immediately, but after spending some time with her in the shop I've grown to like the red (w/o the graphics). I'll probably switch out the red for a different color this fall, but for now I'll rock it with the extra flare!

I looked at the green as well - Suncoast right? I love that car, great buy!

BTW - Check out the post on 6speedonline title: El Librador to see what she's been up to lately :-)
Old 06-18-2011, 01:24 AM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by brim

I looked at the green as well - Suncoast right? I love that car, great buy!

BTW - Check out the post on 6speedonline title: El Librador to see what she's been up to lately :-)
Actually, the car was in Utah - originally the greed/red that was from Scottsdale. Car came with 500 miles, original owner had wheels and accents painted.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:54 AM
jenk12m
Banned

I have it but my car is lowered and I have the cup lip so I still scrape everywhere. Except my driveway where I have time to turn it off and on.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:00 PM
73CarreraRS
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it on my 2010 GT3RS and it is very useful and easy to use -- I use it when loading the car on the trailer and also for any around town (school drop off) ..... I would not be able to ever take the car out for a casual drive here in downtown Tampa without the lift... I would definitely get it again!

Quick Reply: Front Axle Lift on an RS?