Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Track day: Mission Raceways (video)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 02:58 AM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 234 Posts

*_&@#$*@#^%_^@%(_^!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to Willow Spring (Big Willow) on friday with the C63 and man did I miss the GT3. This just shoved it in my face!!! Since friday all Ive been thinking about is trying to get back into one.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:24 AM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
*_&@#$*@#^%_^@%(_^!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to Willow Spring (Big Willow) on friday with the C63 and man did I miss the GT3. This just shoved it in my face!!! Since friday all Ive been thinking about is trying to get back into one.
Just do it!!!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 03:45 AM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

"Like I said before....180km/h max with my slow car. I really do need to talk to Sharky. I've ordered Hoosiers and now with Motons replacing the worn out OEM shocks things should be a little different. 1:15's should be easy and maybe, just maybe, if the nut behind the wheel stays tight 1:14's might be possible."
Old 06-17-2011, 03:57 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 45 Posts

Allan - 1:14 is insane. Would love to see you run at Mission sometime.

Tom - 205km/hr was what I saw on the electronic speedometer FWIW. I missed turn 2 a few times due to stock breaks fading badly. I think I am much quicker exiting turn 9 with this new configuration,... no data to confirm. I don't ever remember reaching close to 200km/hr in cars before.

Originally Posted by woshimihei
great day at mission. Cheers!
You had a great recovery exiting turn 5!

I got a bit worried - if it were a 6.3 GT3, it would be a different story... you're doing the right thing by getting more seat time. You and your friend are doing great! Love seeing the RS' - keep coming out!
Old 06-17-2011, 03:57 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 45 Posts

Sam - you know what you need to do. I'm sounding like a broken record! Your baby's being well taken care of...
Old 06-17-2011, 05:37 AM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by batmanm3

Originally Posted by SSTHO

Tom - 205km/hr was what I saw on the electronic speedometer FWIW. I missed turn 2 a few times due to stock breaks fading badly. I think I am much quicker exiting turn 9 with this new configuration,... no data to confirm. I don't ever remember reaching close to 200km/hr in cars before.
Yes, the new track config is much faster than the old one. I still need to make 1:14's happen and it'll be a challenge. You should switch to track pads for Mission and do whatever else you can to help with brake cooling. I'm using Pagid track pads, Motul RBF600 fluid and 996 cup brake ducting and have zero problems at the track with my brakes.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

I confirm that Allan is really fast at Mission. My best was 1:18 last year following Allan and he had worn tires that day. I'm working on 1:16 this year...

Be very careful exiting turn 9. It is the most dangerous place at Mission. I spun a 270 degree last year exiting too fast and almost hit the wall.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Mission looks very similar to Race City, I'm hoping to get out there at least once this year. I did make it down to ORP this year and agree with all the praise that it gets here on Rennlist, ORP is awesome.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:14 AM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I might only get to Mission once or twice this season so you really need to come to ORP to have some fun and we can catch up. btw, I'm slow at ORP. hahaha!
You going to jeff's day at Mission end of June? and /or ORP with Roland et al in July? I would love to get to one or both and knock off some rust
Old 06-18-2011, 12:19 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roland et al in July is filling up.. Just saying.. Don't dilly dally
Old 06-18-2011, 12:30 AM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by batmanm3
You going to jeff's day at Mission end of June? and /or ORP with Roland et al in July? I would love to get to one or both and knock off some rust
Was on the fence about Jeff's day but now I buggered up my right foot last Sunday so it's unlikely I'll be there. If you can only do one trip, do the July ORP trip. You will not regret it. I'm signed up for ORP, hotel is booked and my foot better be ready!

If you can do both events then do that. Jeff runs a great day. You know Mission extremely well so it's a good place to get refreshed and you'll appreciate the warming up for ORP.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:04 AM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for posting the vid of Mission; I've been on the fence wether or not to try it out. I may try it later this summer to get more driving under my belt.
I did my first track day ever about a month ago @ ORP & let me say it was UNBELIEVEABLE!
Definitely worth the drive.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:49 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SSTHO
I was at Mission today, but I missed the 14's by a tiny bit. I'll have to try again next year.

1:15.2 recorded with my Race Keeper video/data logger. I had a 1:15.3 the lap after and then started slowing down due to traffic. It's tough to get many clear laps on a small track like Mission.

Cheers,
Old 09-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Turn3 Autosport
Former Vendor

Allan was driving fast today, as usual, and he is far too humble. It was hot out and the track was not as fast as it has been, so I am pretty sure when Allan joins us in October (hint hint wink wink) he will be in the 1:14s,,, I am pretty sure Allan will be deep into the 14's or faster pretty soon. For perspective, our partners Grand-Am spec cupcar ran a 1:09 today. That car has more power, more grip, more brakes, sequential box, and an ex pro driver with more seat time at Mission than anyone I know.

Russ, I can add you to our email list if you ever want to come and join us!

Batmanm3, haven't seen you out lately, come join us!

Anyone else local that would like to join us for our track events, shoot me an email or PM and we can add you to our email list.

Cheers
Old 09-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacific Western Performance
Russ, I can add you to our email list if you ever want to come and join us!Cheers
Please do, I'm on Roland's list already but not able to hook-up with those guys, that work thing keeps popping into the equation.

I'm heading to Miller Motorsports Park in two weeks with about 19 cars from AB should be a great weekend.

Quick Reply: Track day: Mission Raceways (video)